PDA

View Full Version : Foods you like most people hate?

catnapper
10-04-2008, 10:00 PM
The other thread got me thinking... what about food you love but others hate?

I am totally addicted to grapefruit. I love lima beans. I would do anything for blue cheese. Swiss cheese too! The skin is the best part of a potato. Burnt and dried out chicken (no idea why!) Basically, any meat that has been burnt beyond recognition.

Karen
10-04-2008, 10:03 PM
I used to love :love: broccoli until I became allergic to it.

shais_mom
10-04-2008, 10:07 PM
SUSHI
except Eel or Octopus!

prechrswife
10-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Looking at the other thread--mushrooms and tomatoes.:)

I also like really spicy food and lima beans. (not together)

Scooter's Mom
10-04-2008, 10:30 PM
I love Lima beans.
My ex-DH calls them "little bags of sand" but he loves them too.

slick
10-04-2008, 11:20 PM
S-car-go !!!! :love::love:

Edwina's Secretary
10-04-2008, 11:23 PM
S-car-go !!!! :love::love:

Just home from dinner. Ooooo the S car go. Truth is I only like the garlic soaked butter!!! I let Don eat the little creatures!

K9karen
10-04-2008, 11:33 PM
The other thread got me thinking... what about food you love but others hate?

I am totally addicted to grapefruit. I love lima beans. I would do anything for blue cheese. Swiss cheese too! The skin is the best part of a potato. Burnt and dried out chicken (no idea why!) Basically, any meat that has been burnt beyond recognition.

Let me know when you're coming for dinner. May not have the swiss cheese (unless mixed in w/balony) but I'll be sure to have all *our* favorites!!!

caseysmom
10-04-2008, 11:57 PM
I just had a liverwurst sandwich....

Desert Arabian
10-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Anyone ever try.... venison tenderloin? buffalo prime rib? python? pheasant? sandhill crane? pronghorn antelope? bear ribs?

MMMM it's so amazingly delicious. I wish I could have a piece of each right now.

I also love frozen orange juice right out of the can. Strange, I know, hahaha. Oh- and raw cookie dough.

Ok, I really need to stop- my stomach is growling. This is when a drooling smiley would be handy to apply.

jennielynn1970
10-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Anyone ever try.... venison tenderloin? buffalo prime rib? python? pheasant? sandhill crane? pronghorn antelope? bear ribs?

Have had vension (my dad and brother deer hunt), have had buffalo, pheasant, and bear (unknown to me). Have also had moose, elk, reindeer (in Sweden), horse (also in Sweden), snake and rabbit.

I love lima beans! Asparagus, yuummmmmmy!! Just bought some tonight actually. Parsnips, those are another of my favorites. Love spinach too, cold or cooked, actually almost any green that can be cooked is a friend of mine, lol.

Love fried plantains. Sweet or spicy.

Goat stew, rice and pigeon peas and fried plantains, and ginger beer. LOVE that dinner!!

sirrahbed
10-05-2008, 07:00 AM

oh yes! I haven't had it in quite awhile because nobody else in the family likes it! This was something my mom and I always loved to eat - liverwurst, (called it gooseliver) onions and mayo on rye sandwiches.

pomtzu
10-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Liver and onions

davidpizzica
10-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I used to love :love: broccoli until I became allergic to it.

Karen, I'm another broccoli lover from way back. Growing up, I couldn't figure out why other kids hated to eat it! I LOVE broccoli boiled with butter on it.

Cincy'sMom
10-05-2008, 08:16 AM
SUSHI
except Eel or Octopus!

Love the Sushi...and eel is my absolute favorite!!

There are not many foods I don't like, so liver, asparagus, tomato, peas, lima beans, cheese of all kinds, escargo, oysters, tuna, all the things mentioned in other threads, I eat...

Alysser
10-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Alligator, yum!!!!! Also sour cream and tuna!!

pomtzu
10-05-2008, 10:05 AM

Liver - yes. Liverwurst - no. My ex-husband loved it. He put a piece on the kitchen floor for one of the cats once, and the poor cat tried to bury it. :eek:

Desert Arabian
10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Have had vension (my dad and brother deer hunt), have had buffalo, pheasant, and bear (unknown to me). Have also had moose, elk, reindeer (in Sweden), horse (also in Sweden), snake and rabbit.

Ooooh moose, elk, caribou and rabbit are also very tasty!! The strangest thing I've eaten was African lion - it was pretty darn good! It was mixed in with thompson gazelle, couldn't really tell which was which- it was delicious. I go to wild game dinners (fund raiser banquets for various orginzations) every year, so I get to sample all sorts odd of things.

beeniesmom
10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
I LOVE squid, octopus, brussel sprouts, eggplant and fresh figs!

wolf_Q
10-05-2008, 07:20 PM
I've noticed that a lot of my friends dislike beans and mushrooms, and I like both. As far as "wild game" I've tried venison, elk, and buffalo, all were good.

Catty1
10-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Lived in the arctic when I was a kid, and got to try seal liver (cooked). Was great - just like the beef liver I had had.

I like liver, but don't have it at all any more, as liver filters toxins out of a body, and, well....I don't eat it any more! ;)

Twisterdog
10-05-2008, 09:46 PM
I like sushi, I think eel is one of the best kinds.

I love tofu, mushrooms, asparagus, beans, mayonaise, sour cream, okra, lima beans.

I have had buffalo, rabbit, rattlesnake, moose and elk. They are good.

I have had deer, pronghorn antelope, bear, and sage chicken. Bleck, nasty.

ramanth
10-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Just about everything. *laughs*

I even enjoyed alligator jerky.

critter crazy
10-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Turtle soup is The yummiest!!!:)

Sevaede
10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Hmm... Let's see...

Yogurt, sour cream, cucumbers, broccoli, peas, some vinegary foods.. :D

CathyBogart
10-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Tripe. Oh good gravy, what I wouldn't do for a bowl of soup with tripe.....

DJFyrewolf36
10-06-2008, 04:29 AM

MMMM it's so amazingly delicious. I wish I could have a piece of each right now.

I also love frozen orange juice right out of the can. Strange, I know, hahaha. Oh- and raw cookie dough.

Ok, I really need to stop- my stomach is growling. This is when a drooling smiley would be handy to apply.

You're making me hungry too! It makes me think of those bison commercials on TV. Every time I saw one I'd want a huge steak...although they usually come on around 2 am :rolleyes:

I'm a fan of tripe (especially with rice noodles). Heck, if its a meat (that includes raw and cooked seafood too) or cheese product I'll try it at least once and more than likely enjoy it. I even have a place in my heart for limburger ;)