PDA

View Full Version : O J Simpson Found Guilty

lizbud
10-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Finally. I've waited 13 yrs to hear this.:)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/04/oj.simpson.verdict/index.html

Pam
10-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I posted this in General too. It's about time!!!!

sparks19
10-04-2008, 11:22 AM
It's about d@mn time.

RICHARD
10-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Why can't they get it right all the time.

The thing that really stumped me was the late night court time.

I looked for Bull and didn't see him!:eek::D

lizbud
10-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Why can't they get it right all the time.

The thing that really stumped me was the late night court time.

That's when the jury came in ,so all they had to do was announce the verdict.

I was re-reading a article about the verdict & I was struck by the stark
irony of the numbers of this. Quote from the article..................

By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent
1 hour, 21 minutes ago

LAS VEGAS - In a city where luck means everything, O.J. Simpson came out the big loser — and his unlucky number in a case full of bizarre twists was 13.

He was convicted of an armed robbery that happened on Sept. 13 and was found guilty on the 13th anniversary of his Los Angeles murder acquittal. The Las Vegas jury deliberated for 13 hours after a 13-day trial.

And then, as only the racking sobs of Simpson's sister broke the silence late Friday, the lights went out.

Court marshals flipped on flashlights and shouted for everyone to stay seated. Only the judge knew what had happened. It was 11 p.m. and the courthouse lights had shut down automatically.

"Timed out," Judge Jackie Glass said in a fitting epitaph for the story of O.J. Simpson, which has long haunted America.

RICHARD
10-04-2008, 05:13 PM
That's when the jury came in ,so all they had to do was announce the verdict.

That's pretty rare in any case. In his civil trial they also did the evening verdict reading.

Most judges would have sealed the verdict and told everyone to come back on Monday. That AH has really impacted the justice system and they way it works, forever!

jennielynn1970
10-08-2008, 04:14 AM
So where is he going to end up? Will he be in a "safe" jail, where he gets served gourmet food, and it's all on the taxpayer anyway??

He's a loser, but you know he'll end up getting pampered. He may be going to jail, but I doubt he gets treated like a common criminal.

Actually, do common criminals get treated "commonly" any more?? From what I've been reading for the past how many years, many jails treat their convicts to better food, and better exercise equipment than you get at hotels and spas these days... :rolleyes: And they get an education and degrees and the tax payer foots the bill. How fair is that?

RICHARD
10-08-2008, 06:46 PM
All the people involved with this AH are morons.

The persons that I felt badly for, at first, were the Goldmans.

They keep talking about the 'pressure' they kept on the "Juice" was the reason that he finally screwed up.

Really?

O. Jerk was going to implode anyway, he was an arrogant moron with no conception of what being a real person is.

Goldman's kid was the one that OJ saw driving the car that he had bought his EX. There was also the story of OJ watching his wife in an intimate moment at the house she lived while the kids were asleep upstairs. This really ticked him off and made him even more angry with her and the situation.

Now, there was no reason for OJ to kill anyone, but knowing what kind of temper he had, and the abuse she had been put thru, why in the world did she stick around and put herself thru all the hassle?

The Goldman's have every reason to be angry and want justice. But I am glad that maybe they, like the Juice, will finally go away-disappear from the public eye and been another stupid footnote in Lost Angeles history.

Scumbags, one and all!

Daisy and Delilah
10-08-2008, 07:28 PM
I can't believe this idiot is still alive. We seem to have millions of people in this country that despise him. I can't think of anyone else that has accumulated so many enemies. Can he still go anywhere and be welcome? What a classless jerk!!:mad::mad::mad:

carole
10-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Best news i have heard in a long time, it will be of little comfort to Nicoles family or the goldmans i am sure,but at least he will be where he should have been a long time ago, pity it is not for life though, i hope he is on the chain gang,working his butt off,but i seriously doubt it.:(