PDA

View Full Version : Owie Owie Owie

sparks19
10-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I hurt my back today. All I did was stretch in the morning but when I did it I felt this pop and this cramp and when I relaxed it was like someone stabbed me.

At first for a while I couldn't move my left arm, twist at the waist or move my neck. I took some ibuprofen and put some ice and then some heat on my upper back. I can at least move a little more than before but it is still REALLY sore when I move my neck.

Brian came home early from work today because I just couldn't lift Hannah or bend over for her. So he was in charge of her care all night... thank GOD it is the weekend so he can take care of her all weekend (like he usually does). He rubbed some Bengay on me too and that helped a bit.

so not only am I sick... but I am in a heck of a lot of pain now too.

I hope I feel better tomorrow... if I don't then I am going to make a chiropractor appt.

Poor Brian has to deal with two sick girls AND an injured one. Oddly enough... My father ALSO hurt his back today. wierd

caseysmom
10-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Motrin is your friend. Sorry you hurt your back that is tough when you have a baby.

Hellow
10-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I feel sorry for you hurting your back. You might want to go to the white coats, since, considering that you could not move some parts of your body, you might have a dislocated vertebrae or something. Besides that, go get a massage! Get well soon!

Moesha
10-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Besides that, go get a massage! Get well soon!

My sister is a massage therapist and she won't massage an injury for 48 hours. I think it is 48 maybe it is 72. I get frustrated with her because of that but am sure that's what they were taught in school. Ice! That's always her first question. It does seem to help. Hope you feel better soon. Does it feel like bones or muscles? Maybe it is a pinched nerve.

ETA: I asked her while having her work on my neck for a little while this morning. She said between 48 to 72 hours. Some say 48 but that by 72 it is definitely no longer 'acute'.

moosmom
10-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Sparks19,

My back is ALWAYS hurting. Sometimes it only takes one wrong move and OWIE!!! Try Aleve. I use it for my knee (especially my right one) and it works all day.

Sorry you're hurting. Feel better soon.

pomtzu
10-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Be careful - have it checked out - especially since you had an issue with your arm and neck! I sneezed and popped a vertabrea in my neck - came close to being paralized (or worse)!

sparks19
10-04-2008, 11:19 AM
thanks for the well wishes. I think I have some aleve in the cupboard... don't know why I didn't think to use it.

the pain has significantly decreased. I have full use of my left arm with no pain at all. It still hurts to move my neck around but I have a lot more mobility than I did yesterday.

After waking up this morning it feels like I might have pulled a muscle in my upper back. it feels stiff after a sleep like my other muscles pulls in the past did. I am using ice and heat now. But it seems about 50% better than yesterday. I wlil see how I feel tomorrow and than decide if I need to see someone on Monday.

Of course this cough that I have is NOT helping one bit lol