PDA

View Full Version : Foods you hate that most people like...

caseysmom
10-03-2008, 10:37 PM
The cream cheese thread got me thinking about this.

What is a food that you can't stand that most people like?

I'll start...Sour cream, pizza, ....and the grossest...mustard!

Glacier
10-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Mushrooms...ick, ick, ick!!

And anything that used to live in water. I can't stand fish or seafood in any form.

Sevaede
10-03-2008, 10:45 PM

And anything that used to live in water. I can't stand fish or seafood in any form.

Same!! Mushrooms are so... odd. They look add, taste odd, strange texture, etc. Same for seafood. x_x

Suki Wingy
10-03-2008, 10:47 PM
cheese, pizza, ice cream

caseysmom
10-03-2008, 10:49 PM
cheese, pizza, ice cream

Ice cream! Blasphemy!

Hellow
10-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Mustard is my main one, although I am growing tired of French Fries (I eat them alot, yet I am still skinny :confused:).

Karen
10-03-2008, 11:32 PM
I cannot think of foods that I dislike that most people like. Before my allergies struck, I'd eat just about anything - except canned peas, but I never met anyone that liked them.

Those of you who dislike ice cream and cheese - are you perhaps lactose intolerant? Just curious.

sumbirdy
10-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Sour cream, mustard, mushrooms, onions tomatoes, strawberries, pancakes, eggs....the list goes on and on, I'm really picky. Most of the time I don't like chocolate. I'll eat it maybe once every 6-7 months and then it's only a little, little bit.

sumbirdy
10-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I cannot think of foods that I dislike that most people like. Before my allergies struck, I'd eat just about anything - except canned peas, but I never met anyone that liked them.

Those of you who dislike ice cream and cheese - are you perhaps lactose intolerant? Just curious.

I love canned peas!

Catty1
10-03-2008, 11:38 PM
fresh tomatoes...sauce, ketchup, anything is fine as long as they and that skin are PULVERIZED.

mustard...can handle it if it is 'accidentally' put on a burger or something, but not too much of it.

Cherries, grapes, plums, peaches, pears...

Asparagus - HATED it til I had it fresh and cooked al dente...so that is the ONLY way I will eat it.;)

Tripe. Haggis.

Think that's about it!

Glacier
10-03-2008, 11:42 PM

I LOVE peas in any form. Canned, fresh, frozen...whatever. I could eat peas every day!

Karen
10-03-2008, 11:44 PM
I LOVE peas in any form. Canned, fresh, frozen...whatever. I could eat peas every day!

Well, my dear, I used to like frozen or fresh ones, but I am now allergic to them in any form, so you can have ALL my peas, okay? ;)

Marigold2
10-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Cheese, all cheese smells like dirty feet to me.
Seafood, it's just so ugly. I don't understand how people can eat a snail, or a lobster.

Twisterdog
10-04-2008, 12:01 AM
fresh tomatoes, plums, pears, onions, olives, oranges

I can't really say I hate pizza and chocolate chip cookies, but I am certainly not anywhere near as crazy about them as the rest of the world seems to be.

I, too, love canned peas.

Catty1, does anyone like tripe or haggis?

jennielynn1970
10-04-2008, 12:30 AM
I am so NOT a fan of ketchup. If it's mixed in with something, that's ok. Or if it's on cold meatloaf on a sandwich that's ok too. Other than that, keep ketchup away from me. Love tomatoes though, lol, and spaghetti sauces and all that stuff.

I'll eat almost any vegetable except celery and brussel sprouts. They absolutely gross me out.

I love, love, love asparagus! YUM!!!!

Taz_Zoee
10-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Sushi, or any seafood for that matter. Onions, peppers....anything spicy.

Sonia59
10-04-2008, 03:35 AM
I hate honey!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-04-2008, 04:27 AM
I hate honey!

Ooooooo, I :love::love::love: honey!!! In my tea, on a slice of bread, etc..

I hate coconut, blue cheese, oysters, anchovis

ChrisH
10-04-2008, 04:35 AM
Prawns/shrimp *eeeww yuk*, liver, courgettes, celery, and same as you, Lut, coconut ... there are some others but I can't think of them right now. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Before my allergies struck, I'd eat just about anything - except canned peas, but I never met anyone that liked them. I'm with you on that, though I'll extend that to all canned vegetables. I like fresh or frozen, but I can't stand canned. My mother-in-law cooks only canned vegetables (including peas), never fresh or frozen so I never eat veggies at her house.

Other people have mentioned tomatoes and mushrooms and I'm in agreement with them- my taste-buds think both are yucky! Like a lot of the others I like tomato sauces and ketchup, but not an actual tomato.

Pam
10-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Liver and anchovies are the only foods that I simply will not eat. I don't think either of these foods are wildly popular with most folks either. ;)

I_luv_rusty
10-04-2008, 08:01 AM
I hate any sandwhiches with lunch meats. The only kind of sandwitch I'll eat is peanut butter and jelly. I also do not like subs, if my family gets subs I get one that has only chicken in it.

pomtzu
10-04-2008, 08:10 AM
I could exist on seafood alone........

On the other hand - tea, in any way, shape, or form is at the top of my hate list. Even the smell of it makes me gag!!! BARF!!!

Ginger's Mom
10-04-2008, 08:19 AM
I would say seafood, but it appears that a lot of other people don't like it either. :)
Graham crackers. YUK! I cannot stand graham crackers in any form, no smores, no crusts, no cones, yuk.

Moesha
10-04-2008, 09:52 AM
chocolate

Randi
10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I can't stand beetroots and blackcurrants, which I believe most people like. ;)

shepgirl
10-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Hot cereals I will not touch, makes me gag to look at any of them. And I hate milk. I eat any veggie or anything else for that matter.

AdoreMyDogs
10-04-2008, 10:22 AM
I ***LOVE*** food, just about everything as a matter of fact. The only food I DESPISE is cilantro. I don't even like the smell of it. I can handle some salsas with just a tiny bit of cilantro, but if it's home made salsa loaded with cilantro (most seem to be) then...YUCK!!! I won't eat it and I don't even want to SMELL it!

I also can't eat canned veggies. Yuck! Especially canned peas and canned corn. And cream corn....DOUBLE YUCK (although I've used cream corn in recipes and it is OK in recipes)

I also hate milk. I can cook with it but having a bowl of cereal with milk in it is just beyond disgusting to me. I only drink soy milk in my cereal or in a glass.

jazzcat
10-04-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't know if most people like these but I hate mayonnaise, coconut, sausage (and anything else that has that fennel), raw onions and fish.

CathyBogart
10-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Olives! *Shudder*

kitten645
10-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Cucumbers. Ick! Curry! Makes me nauseous just to smell it. :eek:

Scooter's Mom
10-04-2008, 12:20 PM

The Le Seouer (sp?) canned peas are yummy! They're the only ones we (my family) will eat.

Karen
10-04-2008, 12:25 PM
The Le Seouer (sp?) canned peas are yummy! They're the only ones we (my family) will eat.

It used to take me a whole glass of milk to get the peas put on my plate down. I managed to perfect it so I would barely taste them at all - just nothing "yummy" about them! And even their color is awful! But I digress - my allergies make it so I cannot eat them at all any more.

pomtzu
10-04-2008, 12:42 PM

Yup - the can with the silver label - they are really good and the only one's I buy. I don't know how you cook them, but I drain the water - put them in a microwave dish with a pat of butter and a pinch of sugar and nuke for about 2 minutes. Makes those sweet peas extra sweet!

Scooter's Mom
10-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Yup - the can with the silver label - they are really good and the only one's I buy. I don't know how you cook them, but I drain the water - put them in a microwave dish with a pat of butter and a pinch of sugar and nuke for about 2 minutes. Makes those sweet peas extra sweet!

I'll post the recipe for how we eat them in the recipe thread if I can find it! :)
I found the side dish thread that was recently started - it's a side dish so I put it there.

sirrahved
10-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Canned veggies-ew! I also can't stand lima beans or edamame. Even if I have a soup made with either I'll pick them out. I'm not a huge fan of strawberries, but I'll eat them.

Liver is double EW! But I think that one is a really common dislike.

I'm not very picky...

chocolatepuppy
10-04-2008, 01:02 PM
These are things I will not eat. If I think of something else I'll add it later. ;)
ketchup
mushrooms
liver
spinach
olives

RICHARD
10-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I am going to open a can of menudo, toss in some onions, cilantro and have it for BREAKFAST!

I was jonesing for some anchovies on my pizza the other day.....they din't have any at Pizza Hut!

------------------

Where was it I saw a newsclip about people who were eating 'dirt cookies'?

Or was it wood cookies? They women would incorporate the 'filler' to make a cookie to ward off hunger. It was killing and making them sick.

God, what an option. Eating to get sick and die, or starving to death.:eek::(

It makes me appreciate all the things that I eat, that I don't like and that throw out when they go bad or I am done with them. I try to eat every last spoon of the dishes that I cook.

IT's wonderful we live in a society where we can turn a nose up at what we can eat, can afford to eat and have the option to turn down.

Sevaede
10-04-2008, 02:11 PM
My dad used to force us to eat liver (it was that or go hungry). I had to literally hold back from tossing my cookies with every bite. I don't turn down food for the sake of it. As someone who has been faced with the "eat or starve" (eating stale ramen for weeks on end, having literally nothing, etc), I can empathize. Something is always better than nothing. :)

I am very appreciative of everything that I have had regardless of whether I favoured it or not.

Edwina's Secretary
10-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Tomatoes...anything tomato.

Peanut butter (or peanuts for that matter.) Can't even stand the smell.

Canned tuna.

prechrswife
10-04-2008, 02:21 PM
mustard, most lettuce (although if it is in a salad with lots of other stuff, I can eat it), coffee

joycenalex
10-04-2008, 06:45 PM
my dads' food to force on my sister and i were canned peas. in the meal time power struggle, we would both gag and choke. neither of us will ever touch peas, fresh, frozen or canned

cassiesmom
10-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Although I know they are good for me -- antioxidants -- I don't like tomatoes.

But Kitten645, please pass me your cucumbers. Yum! I love cucumbers!

NoahsMommy
10-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Loathe: tea, peas, most soup and onions. ick, yuck, gross. Blech...

Alysser
10-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Black-eyed peas, Mint ice cream, Lobster, shrimp, and the list goes on and on lol . Main one- I don't know if this counts as food but..GUM ewwww digusting. Any type form, yuck!!

catnapper
10-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Everyone teases me about my food fetishes. I'm a picky eater and wish I wasn't so darned picky :o

I hate peaches, ketchup, red spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, hot dogs, raspberries, lemons in iced tea, cranberries, jellied cranberries, chocolate cake -- especially if it has chocolate icing, I could go on all night!

carole
10-04-2008, 10:08 PM
I dislike a lot of foods many people enjoy, i hate anything with sauce on it, mayo,mustard, you name it i hate it, i only like gravy and sometimes a little tomato sauce i can tolerate.,subway for me consists of a toasted bun, with chicken, lettuce and tomato,sometimes cheese if i am being bad.,hate pickles,gerkins etc.

I hate Pasta,not fond of sausages, although i certainly can eat them,and have many times in my life, but choose not to, as i feel they are too high in fat,hate sour cream,and the only foreign food i can eat is chinese, and that is limited as well.

There is probably a longer list than that, just cannot think of them all right now.oh just remembered i hate seeded grapes, and red ones, only eat seedless green ones,infact i am not fond of anything much that is berry, but i do love strawberries, i am not fond of seeded things, except breads, love them.

slick
10-04-2008, 11:23 PM
canned vegetables, oysters on the half shell.....just to name a couple

K9karen
10-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Cilantro? Did I read Cilantro? I can smell it 100 miles away. It makes me physically sick even if a smidgeon gets on something. I LOVE salsa and have to check the labels and restuarants. Ick.

Most cheeses. Developed terrible reaction (in my mature years :rolleyes:) to peppers, cucumbers, watermelon. (I like them but not visa versa)

Blech on the olives (except if the black ones are in teeny pieces mixed in something) and anchovies.

Otherwise, I'll try anything and believe me, I have!

jennielynn1970
10-05-2008, 01:39 AM
Gosh, I would eat almost any of this stuff, lol.

I'll take anyone's liver they don't want, as long as it's not well done. I love liver!!

Richard, what is a can of "menudo"? I thought they were a singing group back in the day. :confused:

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-05-2008, 05:50 AM
Canned tuna.

OOOOOOOOOOO, what do the E's say about THAT ??:eek::D

pomtzu
10-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Carrots and cucumbers!!!:(

Medusa
10-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Apple anything. Apple juice, apple sauce, apple pie, apples. Hate apples. And grapefruit. Brussel sprouts, ugh! I've tried cooking them so many different ways and they're still vile.

buddy.09
10-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Mustard, mushrooms, lima beans, brussel spourts.... the list can go on and on. I am a very picky eater :p

Suki Wingy
10-05-2008, 03:27 PM

Yes.

Moesha
10-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Rye bread.

beeniesmom
10-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I am not a vegetarian but I really dislike beef.

wolf_Q
10-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Pineapple. I've only met one other person that didn't like it...if its mixed in something (like a salad) I'll taste it right away and have a hard time eating it. Also cherries, just not a big fan. I like all other fruits that I can think of though.

I like tomatoes in some forms...like sauce, salsa, etc. but I don't like them plain or on sandwiches/in salads. I like boring sandwiches...bread, meat, cheese, lettuce and sometimes sauce is enough for me. I'm not a big fan of onions either, I'll eat them in salsa, soups, onion rings, etc. but I don't like just plain onions on a sandwich.

I'm not sure if I'd like sushi...I know many people love it. I've tried a california roll where the fish was cooked and that was pretty good. I don't know if I could handle the raw fish texture in sushi. I tried some salmon that was smoked but not cooked or something...I don't know but it had a raw fish texture that made me gag. I'd be willing to try it though.

I don't really think I'm that picky. I'll eat or at least try most anything. I didn't used to be that way, I actually eat a lot of stuff now that I previously would not touch.

Catty1
10-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Sushi - except for the shrimp, rice and egg (they are cooked!)

ramanth
10-05-2008, 09:55 PM
lima beans, butter beans, and creamed corn.

I love food. :D

Things I used to dislike as a child but I love now... pineapple, lemons, and meat loaf.

Edwina's Secretary
10-05-2008, 10:21 PM
OOOOOOOOOOO, what do the E's say about THAT ??:eek::D

They say "thank you!" They know I will never, ever touch their tuna!

cali
10-05-2008, 10:30 PM
kraft dinner...for most people its the only mac and cheese they will eat, but I find it revolting. I LOVE NoName mac and cheese however!

heinz ketchup too, most people love it, I think its gross lol

oh and perogies...every last person I know adores perogies, but even the smell make me gag, you could not pay me to eat them.

cabbage rolls..worse then perogies lol

Poutine.. I dont get it, what is so tasty about wet soggy fries with cheese curds and gravy?

I will stop there..lets just say I am an extremly picky eater.

Moesha
10-05-2008, 10:40 PM
kraft dinner...for most people its the only mac and cheese they will eat, but I find it revolting. I LOVE NoName mac and cheese however!

Sounds just like my brother. The only macaroni and cheese he likes is the generic brands with powdered "cheese". His wife even makes real mac and cheese and he doesn't like that.

shais_mom
10-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Pineapple. I've only met one other person that didn't like it...if its mixed in something (like a salad) I'll taste it right away and have a hard time eating it.

my DAD and my aunt ( my MOM'S SISTER) and another friend dislike pineapple. They won't even eat anything that it comes in.
My dad HATES bananas. Hates. THEM.
He was in the hospital several years ago and his potassium was dangerously low and the dr told him to eat bananas, and he told the dr there was only ONE good thing to do with a banana. *(you figger it out)*

I really hate MUSKMELON/CANTALOPE/HONEYDEW. Can't stand the smell of it.
I really really dislike Lima Beans but I haven't tried them for years.
I used to dislike Grapefruit but oddly enough Medusa's thread about it inspired me to try it and I really like it now.

.sarah
10-05-2008, 11:09 PM
French fries, mustard, peas, and cucumbers are the ones I can think of right now. I used to be extremely picky but I've grown to love a lot of foods I used to hate, one of the most recent ones being onions.

On the other hand, I LOVE a lot of the foods mentioned so far ;)

Flatcoatluver
10-05-2008, 11:10 PM
ok.. Here's my list..
Peas
Penut butter
Dark Chocolate
The only berry I like is strawberrys, everything else is ewww.

Karen
10-06-2008, 01:03 AM
i thought of another - tomato soup. I know it is illogical, as I like most thing tomato, and eat tomatoes themselves, but my elementary school made - don't ask me how - greasy tomato soup, and since then the smell of it makes me go "ewww, yuck!"

DJFyrewolf36
10-06-2008, 04:24 AM
i thought of another - tomato soup. I know it is illogical, as I like most thing tomato, and eat tomatoes themselves, but my elementary school made - don't ask me how - greasy tomato soup, and since then the smell of it makes me go "ewww, yuck!"

Bravo to anyone that can mess up tomato soup lol :D

About the only things I can think of that I don't like that most people do is grapefruit and cherries. Grapefruit is just way too sour (if its loaded with sugar I can deal with it lol) and cherries stem from the fact that since I was a little kid, artificial cherry flavoring gave me a rash (really!) and made me hurl so now even the real thing makes me queasy...I can't even be around the smell of cherries too much.

anna_66
10-06-2008, 05:13 AM
Tomatoes, any cooked veggies with the exception of corn, green beans and potaotes, ketchup, sauces of almost any kind (I'm not a sauce girl-I like my stuff plain) and mushrooms...who eats fungus any way:p

DJFyrewolf36
10-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Tomatoes, any cooked veggies with the exception of corn, green beans and potaotes, ketchup, sauces of almost any kind (I'm not a sauce girl-I like my stuff plain) and mushrooms...who eats fungus any way:p

Erm...me? *raises hand sheepishly* :D

Gracefulsarah
10-06-2008, 10:39 AM
OK, I can probably beat you all with the longest list of things I don't like. ;) I have no idea why I'm such a picky eater, but I yam what I yam. :D

I hate:
any and all seafood
coconut
mustard
honeydew/cantaloupe
nuts/seeds (one or two exceptions)
tomatoes (but I DO like ketchup)
celery
lettuce (unless drownding in salad dressing)
bell peppers
jalapenos and other spicy things
uncommon meat like veal, lamb, duck, etc...
cabbage and most leafy greens
asparagus
peas
grape flavored drinks/sodas
diet flavored drinks/sodas
grapefruit
pickles
tap water
I'm sure there's more that I can't think of at the moment, but you get the picture. :D

lvpets2002
10-06-2008, 11:52 AM
:o Yup Dont Like:: sardines, asparagus, peas, lima/butter beans, grapefruit, pineapple or any fruit real tartey.. Dont like real strong creams or cheeses.. Cant do Ice Cream or Whips.. Yes with my Severe Colitis I am very Lactose Intolerant..

mruffruff
10-06-2008, 11:54 AM
I really dislike licorice,oysters, clams, anchovies, and any kind of sushi.

I also avoid ripe pears but the crunchy ones are good. I like fresh or frozen spinach, but the canned stuff is gross!

I'll try anything else once at least. I do like liver if it's cooked right and doesn't resemble shoe leather.

I'm sure there are a lot of us that don't like tripe or tongue or haggis. But I doubt they're not among the popular foods anyway.

Randi
10-06-2008, 11:58 AM
How can you eat canned vegetables?? If you don't have a greengrocer nearby, you may want to try frozen ones instead. ;) :p

Btw, I used to hate olives... until I tasted the spanish green ones with anchovie paste in the middle. They're SO yummy! Some dinner guests we had once, asked where I'd got them - they went to buy the rest from the shop the next day. :eek:

shais_mom
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
cucumbers!!!:(

I forgot!
I HATE HATE HATE CUCUMBERS.
blaahhhhhh

Ask Zippy-Kat what she thinks of Mushrooms and what she calls Carrots. She'll have to edit what she calls carrots since its a family site! :p

Husky_mom
10-06-2008, 01:08 PM

add me to that list.. hehe

Everyone teases me about my food fetishes. I'm a picky eater and wish I wasn't so darned picky :o

Iīm soooo picky too... LOL

OK, I can probably beat you all with the longest list of things I don't like.

not a chance... Iīd beat everyone LOL.... I woudl list all the thing -i donīt like but I would never finish listing them... is better to ask what I DO like... LOL :p

there are things I can stand but once "mixed" with soemthing else.. yuck...

I really donīt care if it smells yummy but if I donīt like the looks of it or if itīs touching something i donīt like... I wonīt eat!!..

the only "seafood" Iīd eat is tuna.. but ONLY if it has either lemon or cream cheese..
I wonīt eat anything I say I donīt like, even if I have never tried it before...

veggies: I donīt like them... except for corn, carrots, potatoes
fruits: only like apple, orange, lemon, tangerine
chicken: just the breast.. NOTHING ELSE!! not boiled
beef: if itīs too fatty looking it grosses me out... I like lean slices and the less nerves/fatty white lines the better... and WELL DONE... and with lemon...
pasta: almost everything... but please donīt add ketchup to it or onion pieces... onion powder I can take..
bread: just plese donīt have the grains on it...
I canīt tolerate ketchup...eww... I can however have mustard or mayo but only a dab on hamburguers...

I always ask for plain burgers at any McD or BK or whatever
I only like pepperonni pizza with EXTRA CHEESE !! yumm
ice cream: vanilla, cookies and cream, or lemon... perhaps chocolate but not that much

ok.. too much and the list goes on and on... but I think you get the idea... whenever I go anywhere they ask me what CAN I eat... and I always say...as long as you have cheese (good cheese) Iīm happy.. :D

Cataholic
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Olives! *Shudder*

Me, too! Gross, gross, gross. I can tell when they have been secretely removed from a pizza, I can tell when something contains minute traces of it, I can tell when an olive touches other food. But, I love olive oil~!

Other than that, I like food. :)

Medusa
10-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Me, too! Gross, gross, gross. I can tell when they have been secretely removed from a pizza, I can tell when something contains minute traces of it, I can tell when an olive touches other food. But, I love olive oil~!

Other than that, I like food. :)

All olives or just the black ones maybe? I don't like black olives at all but I'm hooked on green olives stuffed w/almonds and soaked in sea salt brine. Yum! I eat them right out of the jar as a snack.

M&M's Mommy
10-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Bleu cheese, mustard, olives & ketchup top my list of most hated food :o

beeniesmom
10-06-2008, 04:29 PM
I believe that most of you who hate olives have never tasted a REAL Calamata or Gaeta olive. They are wonderful. The crap they sell in the States for olives can't compare tp the real deal.