PDA

View Full Version : Serial Killer In The Making

lizbud
10-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Aussie boy breaks into zoo, feeds animals to croc
By Kristen Gelineau | Associated Press writer
7:29 AM CDT, October 3, 2008

SYDNEY, Australia - A 7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, fed a string of animals to the resident crocodile and bashed several lizards to death with a rock, the zoo's director said Friday.

The 30-minute rampage, caught on the zoo's security camera, happened early Wednesday after the boy jumped a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Center in central Australia, said zoo director Rex Neindorf.

The child then went on a killing spree, bashing three lizards to death with a rock, including the zoo's beloved, 20-year-old goanna, which he then fed to "Terry," an 11-foot, 440-pound saltwater crocodile, said Neindorf.

The boy also fed several live animals to Terry by throwing them over the two fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure, at one point climbing over the outer fence to get closer to the giant reptile.

In the footage, the boy's face remains largely blank, Neindorf said, adding: "It was like he was playing a game."

By the time he was done, 13 animals worth around $5,500 had been killed, including a turtle, bearded dragons and thorny devil lizards, Neindorf said. Although none were considered rare, some are difficult to replace, he said.

"We're horrified that anyone can do this and saddened by the age of the child," Neindorf said.

Alice Springs police said they are unable to press charges against the boy because of his age. Children under age 10 can't be charged with criminal offenses in the Northern Territory. His name was not released because of his age.

Neindorf said he plans to sue the boy's parents.

The boy's small size is probably the reason he didn't trip the zoo's security system, which relies on sensors to detect intruders, Neindorf said.

"I just want people to learn that they can't let their children go and run amok," Neindorf said. "If we can't put the blame onto the child, then someone has to accept the responsibility."

Karen
10-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I would not be sure he's a serial killer in the making - he may have just wanted to feed the alligator.

moosmom
10-03-2008, 07:19 PM
And this 7 year old boy's parents were where???? Sounds like another Jeffrey Dahlmer to me.

shepgirl
10-03-2008, 07:35 PM
I read this in total disbelief . A 7 yr old boy doing something like this is out of my comprehension. Will he next be luring another two yr old toddler away from his mom to torture him ? And as was asked...where were his parents...?

Puckstop31
10-03-2008, 09:25 PM
How quick we are to JUDGE.

You lefties never cease to amuse me. How fast you change what moves you. LOL

boomersooner
10-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I think smashing rocks on the lizards' heads is a very disturbing thing....Just breaking into a zoo and doing this.....even if he did just want to feed the alligator....for a 7 year old boy to do this is disturbing...I hope his parents have him thoroughly evaluated....

boomersooner
10-03-2008, 09:32 PM
and, I hope the parents are thoroughly evaluated for not knowing where their 7 year old child was long enough for him to do all of this.....

Puckstop31
10-03-2008, 09:41 PM
If only.... If only more parents raised their children using the wisdom from the Bible. Forget the religion, look to the wisdom.

Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

Luke 2:46-51

46And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

48And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

49And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

50And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

51And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

Jesus Christ, God incarnate, SUBJECTED himself to his parents.

Parents... Please think about 20 years from now as you raise your kids. Not just 6 months from now. Not just the next football season or ballet lesson.

blue
10-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Read "My Life Among the Serial Killers" by Hellen Morrison, M.D.

Her findings show that preaddolesent cuelty do animals is not a precurser to becoming a serial killer.

Marigold2
10-03-2008, 10:22 PM
You are right on the mark. This is a monster. Unless he gets some serious help it will be too late to save him, at 7 it probably is now. Past the age of 5 if a child does not have a moral compass, compassion for others studies show he/she never will.
Not sure what to do with these kids, except to find a way to protect the public from them.

Read "My Life Among the Serial Killers" by Hellen Morrison, M.D.

Her findings show that preaddolesent cuelty do animals is no a precurser to becoming a serial killer.

Puckstop31
10-03-2008, 10:28 PM
You are right on the mark. This is a monster. Unless he gets some serious help it will be too late to save him, at 7 it probably is now. Past the age of 5 if a child does not have a moral compass, compassion for others studies show he/she never will.
Not sure what to do with these kids, except to find a way to protect the public from them.

I pray to God that you never have children. You attitude about them is horrible.

Emeraldgreen
10-03-2008, 10:59 PM
A kid *wanting* to feed a crocodile is one thing, just like wanting to drive a train or be a policeman with a gun but this kid actually went and did it. He broke into the zoo first. Then he killed animals by bashing their heads in. Then he fed some to the alligator. I don't know what makes a serial killer but something is not right with this kid, that's for sure. Either he has no clue that any of these things he did were wrong, or he does know. Both are equally disturbing.

Catty1
10-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Puckstop, Marigold DOES have children. Her attitude about young budding psychopaths is pretty par for the course with what studies say about young kids abusing animals.

Obviously, she doesn't put her own or many other children in that category. But - she has had to learn about children, and doubtless has access to information that I, not being a parent, would not.

Puckstop31
10-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Puckstop, Marigold DOES have children.

Yikes...

Her attitude about young budding psychopaths is pretty par for the course with what studies say about young kids abusing animals.

Obviously, she doesn't put her own or many other children in that category. But - she has had to learn about children, and doubtless has access to information that I, not being a parent, would not.

Fair enough. But a 7 year old is beyond saving? PUH-LEASE.

This BB is SO entertaining.

FWIW, everybody has access to all they need to know about raising children. And it is not in ANY of the 87,000+ books about child rearing you can find on Amazon. Ever stop to think about why society is going the way it is? Could it have anything to do with the idea that in the 60's parents started to rebel against the wisdom the Bible teaches us about child rearing?

All those psycobabble books make it so hard, when it is so simple. I am SO grateful to have the Bible as my guide as we raise our daughter and for our future children.

Catty1
10-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I don't think any child is beyond saving...but if they are psychopathic, well, it's darn near impossible to rewire anyone with that condition.

shepgirl
10-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Have no clue what bible you are reading to raise your child by but I didn't need a bible to tell me when my kids were wrong or did something that should be looked into seriously. This kid has all the earmarks of being another serial killer if not worse. And yes---"where in h*ll were the parents?" My 7 yr olds were never out of my sight except when in school or playing nearby with friends, mostly at our place for some reason. Probably for my cookies that I kept baking.

Taz_Zoee
10-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Regardless of how this child will turn out in the future I believe the parents are the ones to blame for this. 7 frickin' years old!! I mean, I grew up out in the country so I was out playing in the woods, but I always had big brother or sister watching me. I'd like to know how he broke into the zoo. Or even how he had the thought to do it in the first place. Perhaps he has older siblings??

Poor animals, and poor child. :(

Sevaede
10-04-2008, 02:36 PM
So, someone is a "leftie" because they don't agree with you? And are either reasons valid for being negative? And too quick to judge? How so? He did something wrong and that's going to be judged. Seems like the right time. Or should we wait until it's something bigger? There is wisdom to be gained from many sources, one being common sense, and that is what I would use to raise my child.

At any rate! I do feel the need to echo "where are the parents". Who lets their seven year old run around will nilly at night? What kind of things are the parents teaching him that he thinks it is okay to BASH IN THE HEAD of another living being(s)? How did he manage to break in to the zoo? He is a child but hopefully not beyond help, I don't think. He needs to know that killing ruthlessly for no reason is NOT okay.

RICHARD
10-04-2008, 04:52 PM
ANd where was Bindi during all this?

I am SO grateful to have the Bible as my guide as we raise our daughter and for our future children.

MY parents used a bible to raise us.

If you hit a kid with the binding part of it, they really pay attention!;):eek::D

lizbud
10-04-2008, 05:15 PM

You are right. It's not easy for some to accept the fact that a child can already
be so psychologically damaged, as to be a danger to others.

Sevaede
10-04-2008, 05:41 PM
You are right. It's not easy for some to accept the fact that a child can already
be so psychologically damaged, as to be a danger to others.

Indeed. It kind of makes you wonder, especially when the child does such frightening things.

king2005
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Just remember that Preists have been sickos too, not to mention many bible thumper raised children.. so is the Bible really the way? Cause from what I see the Bible proves nothing with this sort of thing. Also I know many many many people raised by the bible & they are by far not good people.. They spite the bible & anything it stands for... So to me this is by far not an overly positive thing...

So in my opinion it doesn't matter if there is a bible in the house of not. A lot of it seems to be on the bond of child & parent & the good teachings from the parents.

My dad thought it was crazy to teach us about the bible... He raised me with his own wisdom, taught me right & wrong, & taught me to see things from the others shoes.. I pretty much live by that & I was by far more accepting to that method then being made to obey something that I cannot see, something that wont help me, something that wont talk to me, something that wont hold me, something that wont protect me, & something that wont punish me... Those are all things kids need, & I'm sorry the bible/god just can't do that. But a loving parent can... So religion doesn't mean how a child will turn out. Its all on how the parent loves & teaches their child to be a good human being in our society.

I'm by far not bashing religion or anything. I'm a full Roman Catholic but I'm a non-beliver & a non-follower now that I have the choice. However I respect all religions & don't judge people from one religion to the other. My boyfriend is willing to celebrate my "fun family holidays" (like christmas, & easter) with me, & I'm slowly learning about his religion & I respect it & will do what I need to do with him when those things occur... I spent time with him on his Jewish Newyear, & I look forward to others.. but he has the same kinds of views i do.. Holidays are for family/friend get togethers & to have fun/appreciate everyone.

but anyways.. that kids needs a swift kick in the pants for what he did :mad: I'm also sure he didn't realize how bad of a thing he had done. As I'm sure he had seen that happen somewhere & was mimicing someone. Or someone was talking on how they kill the gator's food & thats why he was bashing the lizards heads in & feeding some to the gator...

I have a strong feeling he honestly was wanting to feed the gator. Regardless he needs to be taught what he did was VERY wrong & that the gators food doesn't come from pets. But specially raised feeder animals, but only the special ones, not all of that kind of animal.

Puckstop31
10-07-2008, 10:09 AM
<sigh>

How did I know this was the reaction that would happen once the Bible was mentioned?

I'd venture to say that a vast majority of "Bible Thumper" raised children were raised by parents who did not take ALL the wisdom into account. All they look at is the "spare the rod, spoil the child" stuff. They sadly miss parts like...

Colossians 3:21 "Fathers, provoke not your children to wrath, lest they be discouraged."

This means that parents should be easy to please. Do not set unrealistic expectations. Push them to be their best, but do not punish them if they do not succeed. The goal is a responsible and caring adult, not a sports star, etc. Let the child be themselves. DO not live YOUR life through them.

I could go on... But I know it won't matter to most of ya.

caseysmom
10-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Puck if you hate it so much here...as you don't mind name calling and such you can change the channel.

Puckstop31
10-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Puck if you hate it so much here...as you don't mind name calling and such you can change the channel.

I am not run to run away from the fight. ;)

Besides, I don't hate it here and I don't hate any of you. I get frustrated by the apparent lack of willingness to really look into the facts, but I certainly don't hate anyone here.

Why do you people always try to get me to go away? That only makes me want to stay. It means you are paying attention. So, now, if you STOP paying attention, that speaks even more.

Look, I am not trying to be a jerk. But I am very passionate about these things and sometimes that passion gets the best of me. If I am trying to offend you, I will tell you because that is how I roll. You never have to wonder what I am thinking because I have and always will wear my heart on my sleeve.

So, we can have honest discussion, or we can continue to bash Palin for trivial things. But it would be neat if one of you would comment on the things I posted in my "The Economy" thread. Both items I posted are very well sourced and things you just are not seeing in the media.

Does that make you stop to wonder why? Even for a second?

caseysmom
10-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Well I just know you can't be all bad because I have great admiration for the gal that picked you but sometimes you get on my nerves to be honest:D

lvpets2002
10-07-2008, 12:21 PM
:) Richard sounds like you know how the binder feels.. This is not the Zoo that Steve Irwin & family operated.. So little Bindi was no where around.. I do agree with Donna in where is this kid's Parents.. The kid was what 7 years old.. Horribly Disgusting..
ANd where was Bindi during all this?

MY parents used a bible to raise us.

If you hit a kid with the binding part of it, they really pay attention!;):eek::D

Puckstop31
10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Well I just know you can't be all bad because I have great admiration for the gal that picked you but sometimes you get on my nerves to be honest:D

First, thank you. I love my wife with every fiber of my soul. I am proud to say that she does put me in my place when necessary and I am grateful for it.

Second, it's a good thing I get on your nerves. That means you are paying attention... :) That's all I want. HONEST discussion, not the typical sophistry that is partisan cheerleading.

caseysmom
10-07-2008, 12:39 PM
I don't see things in black and white so I like to hear what people on both sides of the fence have to say I think both parties are full of bs....

Husky_mom
10-07-2008, 01:17 PM
my humble opinion... (this reminds me of Dexter, teh Tv series)... letīs just hope this kid gets attention and direction to turn back to righteousness

yes, this kid is damaged... what he did is plain cruel, but who is his sane mind leaves a 7yr old wander off like that... if it was day time and my parents were there WITH ME... ok I could wander but NOT out if sight... now at night.. and breaking someplace... helloooo parents... where were you??..

I too was a 7yr old.. and i did bottled bugs, take lizards tails (later on i learned tey dropped them but still), I ripped grasshoppers legs.... but I NEVER NEVER bashed an animals head to death... am I a serial killer .... no!.. I love animals.. and yes I did some bad things but not AS bad as this kid did...

if he wanted to feed the croc... ask teh zoo-keeper... some zooīs let you feed certain animals... but wanting things doesnīt necesarily mean you HAVE to do them...

if I want a diamond ring from a shop... I donīt go breaking in and stealing it... I save money so I can buy it.. so it the right way...

feeding a croc this way wasnīt... there are ways to do things... and one should know even by age 7 when a thing is right or wrong....

breaking into a place is enough wrong...

sparks19
10-07-2008, 01:42 PM

awww you make me blush :o

*whispers* he's really a big softie but don't tell him I told you lol.

caseysmom
10-07-2008, 02:10 PM
awww you make me blush :o

*whispers* he's really a big softie but don't tell him I told you lol.

Yeah I kinda figured that...his little girl has him wrapped around her little finger that is apparant:D

Puckstop31
10-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah I kinda figured that...his little girl has him wrapped around her little finger that is apparant:D

LOL... No greater truth has ever been said about me. And I would not have it any other way. That little girl opened my eyes as to what life is really about and it has VERY little to do with ME.

:love::)

lvpets2002
10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
:) WoW I just figured out who your wife & little girl is.. Yup you are a softie after all..
LOL... No greater truth has ever been said about me. And I would not have it any other way. That little girl opened my eyes as to what life is really about and it has VERY little to do with ME.

:love::)

sparks19
10-07-2008, 02:57 PM

OH she does....

He talks about dreading the day he will have to discipline her... I just roll my eyes and say "yeah... the day YOU discipline her... she will break down into tears and you will be a puddle of mush on the floor at her feet and I will have to swoop in and pick up the slack" LOL

WOOPS... I think we have derailed this thread lol

Puckstop31
10-07-2008, 02:58 PM
:) WoW I just figured out who your wife & little girl is.. Yup you are a softie after all..

Crunchy on the outside... Chewy on the inside. Just like any good candy.

LOL :D

lizbud
10-07-2008, 04:48 PM
my humble opinion... (this reminds me of Dexter, teh Tv series)... letīs just hope this kid gets attention and direction to turn back to righteousness

yes, this kid is damaged... what he did is plain cruel, but who is his sane mind leaves a 7yr old wander off like that... if it was day time and my parents were there WITH ME... ok I could wander but NOT out if sight... now at night.. and breaking someplace... helloooo parents... where were you??..

I too was a 7yr old.. and i did bottled bugs, take lizards tails (later on i learned tey dropped them but still), I ripped grasshoppers legs.... but I NEVER NEVER bashed an animals head to death... am I a serial killer .... no!.. I love animals.. and yes I did some bad things but not AS bad as this kid did...

if he wanted to feed the croc... ask teh zoo-keeper... some zooīs let you feed certain animals... but wanting things doesnīt necesarily mean you HAVE to do them...

if I want a diamond ring from a shop... I donīt go breaking in and stealing it... I save money so I can buy it.. so it the right way...

feeding a croc this way wasnīt... there are ways to do things... and one should know even by age 7 when a thing is right or wrong....

breaking into a place is enough wrong...

What you did was normal kid stuff. It doesn't make you a psycho.:) I've
read they are going to sue the parents for the value of the animals killed,
but don't say anything about getting this boy checked out by a psychologist.

This boy definately needs help & small animals & very young children should be protected from him.

shepgirl
10-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Right on LizBud. Glad the parents will be made to pay damages but it still leaves that little psycho loose to do more serious harm. If I had a child in the same school as this kid you can just bet my kid would be changing schools real fast. This is one kid that should never be around other more vulnerable children OR animals...

Puckstop31
10-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Wait... I thought you libs are all about the children? Except of course when you are NOT. How convienient.

Of course you won't respond to this.

Nuff Said.

In all my days... Never have I 'met' such shallow people. People so utterly transparent and duplicit, yet claim to be so "wise".

What a shame.

Marigold2
10-08-2008, 12:01 AM
I totally agree. Sometimes a parent can also do everything correct but the child will still turn out to be dangerous.
We are learning more about the amazing brain everyday. MRI's have helped us to see the difference between people who are gay and straight and also well and mentally ill.
This child needs a total workup top to bottom to see if there is anything that can or should be done. Untill then he needs to be removed from other children so he can not render them any harm. Perhaps he will respond to medicine and these cruel tendenices can be stopped.
At seven a person knows what is mean and what is not. They understand cries of pain and fear for they have probably experienced both at some point.
As a mother the thought that one's child can be so mentally ill as to hurt an animal or another human being is so so so sad, yet it happens. Sometimes no one is to blame. Every mother worries that her child will be born normal and healthy. Any one can have a child who's body and or mind is not whole or slow or ill.
I gave birth to three children. One is gifted, one has a learning disability and one is on meds for depression.
The one with the learning disability is the most successful. The one that is depressed is the most artistic and the animal lover. The gifted child is the most stubborn and the one who makes the worst decisions. All are intelligent and good people. Two volunteer on a regular basis, two have multiple jobs. One worked three jobs and made the deans list.
For a time all three went to a Christian school and church every week. None attend church now.
One was in the Air Force, one is still in the Navy Reserves. Two are pet lovers, one is not. One is married.
I also have another son, I call him my third son. I met him when he was 16 and now at 23 I am his MOM2. I have taken him under my wing and love him as if he was my own. He suffers from depression, is gifted and owns tons of animals everything from a pig to a rat, birds, hermit crabs, bunny, cats, lizard the list goes on. He and his girlfriend have the cutest little girl and I am proud and happy for him. He is a good daddy even though he never had a dad. He never knew love or kindness, hard work as a child yet he is all of those things. I have helped him all I can and will continue to do so, he is after all my son now. I am so proud of him.
I have been a mom for over 30 years and I have seen and had mean children enter our lives. However I have never seen or been near a child as troubled as this seven year old is. What the parents are going through is pure hell. I am thankful my children are not like him.
I know each and everyone of you who is a parent is as well. No matter how good you are as a parent you can have a mentally ill child. No matter how rotten of a parent you are you can have a wonderful child. I have seen both.

Right on LizBud. Glad the parents will be made to pay damages but it still leaves that little psycho loose to do more serious harm. If I had a child in the same school as this kid you can just bet my kid would be changing schools real fast. This is one kid that should never be around other more vulnerable children OR animals...

moosmom
10-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Her findings show that preaddolesent cuelty do animals is not a precurser to becoming a serial killer

Puck,

Ah, but the FBI's findings have proven that it STARTS with little animals. Does Jeffrey Dahlmer ring a bell?? How about BTK and Ted Bundy?? I rest my case.

Puckstop31
10-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Puck,

Ah, but the FBI's findings have proven that it STARTS with little animals. Does Jeffrey Dahlmer ring a bell?? How about BTK and Ted Bundy?? I rest my case.

That's fine.

Does not mean the kid is without hope, like Marigold said. That is my only point here, IIRC. LOL

shepgirl
10-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Totally agree with Moonsmom....pick up any book on how a serial killer starts and you'll find a story of an animal abuser.
I agree that any parent can have a mentally ill child...but if the parent is too stupid to recognize this and act on it, then they share the burden of guilt.
Come on, this child is seven yrs old, even a normal 3 yr old would know the difference between having fun and being cruel.
I watch parents with their kids everyday and most are so engrossed in their own lives they don't even notice their kids or care what the kids do as long as they don't bother them.

elizabethann
10-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Those poor animals. Sick kid, imo.

pitc9
10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
OMG!!!

I pray this kid gets the help he needs.

RIP Zoo animals. :(