PDA

View Full Version : Frisk needs PT prayers. (Update 10/5)

Casper
10-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=146713) is the first thread.

I have made another here because we are desperate for some prayers. :(

First off, Frisk is home... but things aren't looking up. After spending two nights at the vets, his blood sugar was down below 400 around noon today (still high, but better than before), but skyrocketed back up this afternoon. It is now in the 500s. Our vet decided to send him home, as there isn't really anything else he can do at the moment. Plus, since Frisk isn't used to kennels at all, being away from home could be making his blood sugar go even higher.

So we are sitting here together, me hugging my little guy and praying for a 360. You see, his pancreas seems to have an infection, making things so much worse. He is on meds to help fight it, but they aren't seeming to do much help. There is a possibility that this is irreversible, too...

Tonight we are to give him his insulin at 9pm, and take him back in to the vets at 10am tomorrow for them to check up on him.

I know I can count on PT for the prayers we need at this time.

I am so scared... :(

chocolatepuppy
10-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh no, I thought things were looking up for Frisk.:( I am still keeping him in my prayers. He's a tough little guy, hopefully he'll do that turn around you're hoping for. It's really scary when our furbabies get so sick. Many {{{hugs}}} to you.

kfitzp1
10-03-2008, 05:29 PM
I am so sorry to hear. Poor little guy. I know everyone who reads your post will be praying for Frisk and your family! Keep us posted.

Zippy
10-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Poor Frisk:(
Sending prayers and hoping your handsome boy gets better soon.

Ginger's Mom
10-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh Courtney, I am so sorry. You know I will be praying for your little man. Sometimes it takes a few days to get the insulin levels right, but once you do Frisk could actually live many more years with the appropriate dosage. My first girl needed insulin shots twice a day and she did fine on them. Here's hoping you see improvement in our little guy real soon.

boomersooner
10-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Prayers sent for you and the little guy!

k9krazee
10-03-2008, 09:59 PM
He is DEFINITELY in my thoughts and prayers. ((((Hugs)))))

Daisy and Delilah
10-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Thoughts and prayers are zooming to you from here. I can't stand the thought of that little guy being sick. Such a good little boy. {{{{{GIANT HUGS}}}}}:(

Casper
10-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks so much, guys. I knew I could count on you all. :)

Well, we just got back from the vet, where his blood sugar got checked and... its at 375! Granted, it isn't quite where we want it, but its a heck of a lot better than 500!

Our vet was ecstatic to see it below 400, and admitted that he was really worried about him and it bothered him to see it so high before. And even though his blood sugar wasn't in the "comfort zone", we were all smiles.

We aren't in the clear yet, though. There is a possibility that it could be pancreatic cancer. That "C" word scares me to death, but I am hoping and praying it is just an infection that can get cleared up with rest.

His sinus infection seems to be clearing up a bit, too. His eyes are looking great; no more monster eye boogers. His nose is still runny, but we think it hasn't been running quite as much as yesterday. He is still super weak, too. But you should have seen him when we asked him if he wanted to go for a car ride... his ears perked right up and he was willing to walk down a few stairs! We cheered for him the whole way. :-)

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/DSC01942.jpg
Here is a picture taken a few minutes ago of my precious little guy off in dreamland.

Well, I'm off to go cuddle with my little Frisket.
Again, thanks for everything. I can't find the words to say just how much your prayers mean to us.

Taz_Zoee
10-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Awww, little Frisk man. You look so cute all curled up and sleeping.
I'm glad to hear his blood sugar numbers are going down, that is great!!

I will keep you and Frisk in my thoughts until he is all better. :D

chocolatepuppy
10-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Dream away Frisk. My prayers will continue for you little guy.:)

Sevaede
10-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh no!! :( Not Frisk!! :( ***HUGS*** for you and *gentle pets* for Frisk. You both will be in my thoughts! :(

cassiesmom
10-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Thoughts and prayers for Frisk.

Daisy and Delilah
10-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Kisses and hugs to you, Frisk Man!! We love you sweetheart!!! GET WELL!!!!!!

K9karen
10-04-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm truly sorry I just saw this thread :( :o
Poor baby. I'm so upset that Frisk isn't feel well.

Look, I'm not a vet...but his pancreas problems sounds exactly like the ones my neighbors' have had with their puggy-wuggly, Denver. He was a chunky bean then began to vomit and lethargic and not eat, which was the first sign something was amiss.

He had pancreatis (sp). He was put on antibiotics and a special diet, and although he stayed slim (believe me, it was a blessing in disguise), he's as happy and frisky as can be when I visit. it took a while, but all turned out OK. I hope and pray that Frisk gets better soon. Please don't think the ugly *C* word yet. Be hopeful, OK. Hugs to all of you. :love:

Ginger's Mom
10-05-2008, 08:39 AM
I didn't think Frisk could possibly be any cuter, but I was wrong. He is absolutely adorable when he is sleeping. I would have to give that handsome boy a hug. I hope they get his meds straightened out soon and he is back to being our very special little man.

Casper
10-05-2008, 09:10 AM
A quick update:

Things are looking even better today. :-)
Last night Frisk didn't wet the bed nor puke, which is wonderful! Today he seems more alert and took a few bites of food after his insulin shot and at the moment he is back in his chair, snoozing away. When he went out to go potty he didn't want to walk up or down the stairs, but I think that was partly because he just woke up and hadn't been moving around much.

Again, thanks a bunch for all the prayers. I know they helped!

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/DSC01946.jpg
Right after this was taken Frisk sneezed, and blew snot all over Ethan. :o

Look, I'm not a vet...but his pancreas problems sounds exactly like the ones my neighbors' have had with their puggy-wuggly, Denver.

That does sound a lot like what Frisk has. I will do more research and look into it.
Thanks for pointing it out. :)

Daisy and Delilah
10-05-2008, 09:34 AM
I hope Frisk only had a bug and he's on the mend. What great pics of him. Ethan loves his brother. Awwwwww!!! More prayers going out.:)

chocolatepuppy
10-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Keep feeling better Frisk!:)

Ginger's Mom
10-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I am so glad to hear that the insulin is helping. I hope the pancreas problem is easy to care for as well. That picture of Frisk and Ethan is adorable. :D

cloverfdx
10-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Get well soon Frisk. Lots of good vibes on the way for the sweet boy and {{Hugs}} for Mama too.