PDA

View Full Version : I have an older brother I THOUGHT I knew...

moosmom
10-02-2008, 02:29 PM
We've been emailing each other and he informed me that he's been playing witth Bluegrass Band over in North Carolina.

Here's the link to the band's website. Click on the picture of the band and he's the one on the far right holding the banjo. You can even listen to some of their tunes.

www.docsbluegrass.com

It brought tears to my eyes and made me miss him so much.

They also have pictures and bios. Please feel free to check it out. And yes, my brother is a tad short (5'4"), But he's awesome and I am SOOOOO proud of him. Can ya tell?????

davidpizzica
10-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Thank you Donna for showing me a picture of the OTHER 60 year old man named David who is part of your life! He looks like he can really strum that banjo. Now are you REALLY sure you don't want to trade brothers!?

lvpets2002
10-02-2008, 04:03 PM
:) WoW Donna your brother is good looking.. Hey I think he looks like you in the face.. Many Congrats on his band & of course your Proudness..

moosmom
10-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Yeah, we do look alot alike in the face. He's 5 years older than me. He has always succeeded in everything he did. I always looked up to him from the time I was a kid. I still do. Can you feel the beaming pride through the internet????:D:rolleyes::p

jazzcat
10-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Listening to their music brought back some memories! When I was little my Dad used to take me to Harvey's, a little general store in a small town called Oakdale where he grew up. Every Saturday night they had bluegrass and gospel music and of course clog dancing. I was the only one in the family who would go with him and we'd have good toe tappin' time.

I'll have to show my husband their website. He enjoys bluegrass from time to time.

Karen
10-02-2008, 05:49 PM
I always looked up to him from the time I was a kid. I still do. Can you feel the beaming pride through the internet????:D:rolleyes::p

Yup, I sure can! Guess the "tall" genes skipped him, too! ;) That's okay, there's no height requirement for banjo players!