PDA

View Full Version : Witness saw man beating his dog. He lives on my floor :(

king2005
10-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I was in the elevator going down to take Digi out to potty. We stopped on a lower level. A lady I've never been overly keen with got on. Then she spoke to me for the first time. She said I know your a dog lover, so I hope you can help me, I just don't know what to do.

She told me she saw that BEEP beating his dog in the field lastnight. I said who? She said Jenny! He was beating Jenny!! I said OMG they are on my floor, I know who your talking about!!! :(

She told me she was in such shock all she could do was stare & cry. She said she doesn't understand why. She was playing in the field & it looked like she was chewing on a stick, then he went up to her & started beating her with an open hand REALLY REALLY HARD. Then he grabbed her by the throat & carried her off about 15~20 feet, then she couldn't see them anymore, but she could hear Jenny screaming.

Shes very upset she didn't stop him, she doesn't know why she just sttod there totally shocked.

At this point the lady was balling her eyes out. She asked if I knew how to get Jenny taken away & him charged!

I told her to let me take care of it while I'm at work. I'll get the numbers & right contacts, so things can be done right, so Jenny will get taken away (Canadian Laws are different then in the USA, & I didn't want us harming the case, Jenny is safe right now, so I'm not worried), & he can get charged (unlikely, but I can damn well try).

Then she told me the dog is locked on the Balcony for 13~15hr/day with no food & no water! She said lots of people are complaining, + hes breaking the rules of the building (no animals or children left unattended on the balcony, no dogs running free, poop n scoop), which will help us get him evicted & maybe fined too!

We have video cameras on the main floor pointing at the doors.. I'm hoping we can catch him carring her by the throat, or doing something to her (hard evidence is very important).

After lunch I'm calling the OSPCA to talk to an officer that will meet me at my place for about 7pm so we can collect proper evidence to make sure we get the dog out, without him getting her back, & to press charges against him (& possible his g/f too).

Wish us all luck that we do this right so Jenny can be & stay in safe hands very very soon!

kfitzp1
10-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh my! It was hard to even read about the poor dog's ordeal let alone witness it. My heart goes out to the poor woman. I am so glad she told you what she saw and you were willing to take action! Please let us know as soon as the dog gets taken away from that awful person. I will be praying for the pooch. Kelley.

Emeraldgreen
10-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Thank you for stepping in on Jenny's behalf. Please update us when you have more news. Prayers going out that Jenny will be safe very soon!

king2005
10-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I came home late from work, so I went to her apt to give her the info I had collected. Crime Stoppers has joined forces with the OSPCA so I got that # too.

The lady had calmed down a lot. SHe went to see her friend who lives beside this sicko. They took pictures of the balcony.. OMG IT WAS HORRIBLE!! there was poop EVERYWHERE!!!! There was no clean place for the dog to lay down.. whats worse, is that the dog wasn't there!!! They said shes always there, so they don't know why she wasn't there today :(

Hopefully I'll see them outside tomorrow. I see them sometimes when I'm going to work.

I also learned that his g/f was there when he was beating the dog.. She apparently turned around & walked away... As sad as it is, I don't blame her. he prob hits her too :( I've seen him grab her before :(

scrain2329
10-03-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm actually crying for poor jenny literally shedding tears. This is awful, my heart hurts for dogs treated like this. I hope this gets figured out and PLEASE keep us updated. :(
Best of luck to you, jenny and his lady friend who was there and couldn't say anything.

Karen
10-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Thank you, and your neighbor lady, and I hope Jenny is found safely and removed from his care, and he is formally charged.

king2005
10-03-2008, 06:04 AM
I'm not going to be home most of the weekend so I might not hear anything :(

But as soon as I get an update, I'll post it

Yorkie Lover
10-05-2008, 12:38 PM
That's so sad! What had poor jenny ever done to him?

king2005
10-05-2008, 12:58 PM
That's so sad! What had poor jenny ever done to him?

I hardly doubt she did anything wrong, except act like an untrained puppy. Shes only partly trained, but shes pretty darn smart & is learning fast. but gah, no need to beat her when shes playing :(

Emeraldgreen
10-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I hope that the pictures of the balcony and the statement by the neighbour of this guy will be enough to remove the dog. What kind of dog is Jenny? It sounds like she is still a puppy?

king2005
10-05-2008, 01:48 PM
I hope that the pictures of the balcony and the statement by the neighbour of this guy will be enough to remove the dog. What kind of dog is Jenny? It sounds like she is still a puppy?

Nit sure what she is.. there might be some chow in her, but I don't think she is over 35lbs.. Shes not much larger then Digi, & Jenny is a thin dog.. but I havea feeling her thinness is due to not eating enough food.

Emeraldgreen
10-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Any updates on poor Jenny the dog? Praying that she will be safe soon.

king2005
10-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Any updates on this poor Jenny the dog? Praying that she will be safe soon.

I haven't seen or heard the guy or the dog since... I tried to get in contact with the neighbor but I don't want to knock on her door incase shes not home, cause her mother will get up & thats NOT good, cause she has braces & I don't want her to hurt herself & her mind isn't all there & I'll get sucked into the house for 2hrs again :D I don't have the heart to tell her I want to leave, she just loves people.

I saw the neighbor today, but I didn't get to my parking space intime before she left :(

As soon as I can get a hold of her I'll update... I am sorry for taking so long, but I think the dog is gone

JenBKR
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Oh Jess, how sad! Hard to believe that people can be so cruel.....:(

lvpets2002
10-15-2008, 12:18 PM
:( That is so Sad & Horrible Jess.. I hope this creep has not just dumped Jenny.. So glad your stepping in for this baby.. Let us know the turn out ok..

king2005
10-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Jenn I just don't understand some people. As terrible as it is, IF Jenny was attacking someone/Something then ya brute force is the only way to stop a mauling/killing.. But when the dog was playing & did nothing (maybe she refused to obey a "come" command) its just sick :(

:( That is so Sad & Horrible Jess.. I hope this creep has just dumped Jenny.. So glad your stepping in for this baby.. Let us know the turn out ok..

The second I hear something I'll post here. I usually see that neighbour more often then this, but I have been getting home late nearly every night due to traffic, so I'm missing her.. But I usually see Jenny outside most mornings (not all), but haven't seen her or him yet. If something really bad happened I know the neighbour would hunt me down, so I have a feeling Jenny is gone.. possibly by neighbour force if he was caught doing it again... or they burried the BEEP in the field :rolleyes::p

lvpets2002
10-15-2008, 02:56 PM
:) Oh I just reedited my post of I hope this Creep Has Not Dumped Jenny..