PDA

View Full Version : Anyone turn their heat on yet?

Medusa
10-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I had to. I didn't realize that it would get as cold as it did last night. It was only 42 when I woke up. I know, some of you will think I'm nuts but I was freezing this morning. I waited for the temp to rise but it hasn't, so I finally turned the furnace on. I can't stand to be cold!

IRescue452
10-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Coming close. I enjoy the 50's and 60's and not hotter, but the 30's and 40's are a bit much. I'm going to have to wash blankets this weekend so I can add more to the bed. The dog has switched to sleeping under the covers half the night, when she stays the whole night you'll know how cold it is.

kuhio98
10-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Ummm, yes. We've also had the fireplace on every single morning.

pomtzu
10-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Tempted, but not yet!! I think the warm weather is now history for this summer tho!

Sirrahsim
10-02-2008, 10:24 AM
The highs recently have been in the upper 80s and low 90s so no heat needed here yet. We still have the A/C on:D IT was a little nippy this morning though, maybe 60ish.

caseysmom
10-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Still using the AC:D

Donnaj4962
10-02-2008, 10:33 AM
I was tempted to last night, but I put an extra blanket on the bed instead. Chilly nights, but still in the 60's in the day here.

Sonia59
10-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Oh yes, one or two weeks ago because temp drops a lot during nights.

Pam
10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Not yet. I did get up in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago and put on warmer pajamas though. :o

Glacier
10-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Started using the woodstove in August. It's been on pretty much non-stop for at least three weeks now!

Cataholic
10-02-2008, 10:56 AM
I almost broke down this am to do it! Jonah told me he was cold, and when I asked him if he wanted the heat on he said, "yeah.."! But, instead, I put him in warmer clothes, closed the windows, and moved on.

It is OCTOBER! Can't we have ONE month with neither the AC or the heat to complain about? LOL.

I do have a lot more bedfellows of late....:D

mina'smomma
10-02-2008, 11:17 AM
We did last night. I couldn't believe how cold it got, but also Cadience is completely cold so I wanted the trailer to be warm for her. I think I set it on 72

elizabethann
10-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Not yet. It's kind of cold and raw out today so I have a feeling I'll be putting it on soon. I'm trying to tough it out. :D

Husky_mom
10-02-2008, 11:47 AM
we had gone out a couple weeks ago for a few days and the house got soooo cold... so a few days later I had the heat all set up in case needed... and what do you know we´ve had sooo much hot lately..:rolleyes:..

it seems this weekend the temps are actually dropping so whatever happens I´m all set...:D

Randi
10-02-2008, 11:49 AM
It's getting quite chilly here too, so I've put three or four of my radiators on. They go from 0-5. I have them only on 2 now. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Yep, my arthritis can't stand the cold!!! It's been down in the 40s here at night lately. :)

Taz_Zoee
10-02-2008, 12:12 PM
This is the perfect weather right now. We do not need the A/C or the heat for the time being. But it is supposed to rain tomorrow and Saturday. Although, I'm hoping it doesn't get too cold.

sasvermont
10-02-2008, 12:14 PM
I have turned mine on for a few moments and then thought about the expense. I really just took "the chill off" the house and then shut it off. The cats were thrilled to have a little heat.

In the cold winter, I use the minimum amount of heat but use an electric sheet (goes under a regular sheet) to heat my bed while I sleep in it. I usually have the heat on in the living room (very low temp) and then nothing in the rest of the house, as the kitchen applicances usually keep the kitchen warm and my bathroom stays warm since it is on inside walls.

I usually do not spend much money on my heat, thank goodness. Since I live alone, there is no one to complain about the freeeeeezing temperatures! The cats just sleep under the covers with me at night and plant themselves on the pilot light area on the heater. We ofen have sun out around here and that too, helps heat the place during the day.

I feel very sorry for the folks who do have to spend a forturne heating their homes.

Also, I live in a building (former country store) where I live on the top floor and two tenants live underneath. They usually have their heat cranked up - thus heating my floors.....they, in general, keep my place tolerable temperature wise. I hope they keep up the good work this winter, again!:):):):D

Edwina's Secretary
10-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Turned the heat on yet? Oh how I wish! It is horridly hot here. How homesick I am!

Craftlady
10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
No heat on yet here. Temperatures have been cool at night 45-50 but not enough to turn heat on. Our house is very well insulated and actually the a/c was kicking on early in the evening last night. It was set at 75

prechrswife
10-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Still using A/C here.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh yes, since 2 weeks!!!

moosmom
10-02-2008, 02:03 PM
We have no control over our heat. The management turns it on when they think they should, while the rest of us freeze. Once the heat IS on, we have no control over the temp. They told us if it gets too hot in our apartments, to open the window. Talk about a waste of fuel.

sparks19
10-02-2008, 02:27 PM
We have the heat in Hannah's room on since she refuses to keep the blankets on at night lol and she has a little cold right now so i gotta keep my baby warm.

but other than that no. I love to have my bedroom nice and chilly and just snuggle up under our nice warm comforter. I did have the close the windows today as it was getting a little too chilly in here... but no heat yet... just a snuggly blanket on the couch :) My heaven on earth LOL... snuggled in a blanket on the couch.

This is my favorite time of year. the heat and humidity is gone and there is just the right amount of chill in the air.

caseysmom
10-02-2008, 02:29 PM
We have no control over our heat. The management turns it on when they think they should, while the rest of us freeze. Once the heat IS on, we have no control over the temp. They told us if it gets too hot in our apartments, to open the window. Talk about a waste of fuel.

That completely sucks...is that even legal?

pitc9
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Nope, not yet!
We haven't even had a fire yet either! But I don't think it will be long!

lizbud
10-02-2008, 04:42 PM
No, not yet. It has been chilly in the mornings but not bad. The kitties find
the warm sun spots as usual & I have the pups to warm the bed at night.:)

If it turns rainy & cool, I probably would turn on the heat, but I do love
lowering my heating/cooling bill. I'm ready for fall.:)

ramanth
10-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Nope! Apartment has been in the mid 70's during the day and mid 60's at night. Outside temps have fallen into the 50's and 40's. Just tossing on extra blankets at night. :)

Catlady711
10-02-2008, 05:42 PM
I changed the filter on my furnace and vacuumed out the registers. I only turned it on long enough to make sure it works, but didn't let it run. I'm holding out until I absolutely have to run it.

However I did break out the heated pet bed today. Cats have been shoving each other out of it all day trying to get their turn. ROFL:p

Uabassoon
10-02-2008, 05:53 PM
It's still in the 90s here! The cooler is running 24/7 in this house.

chocolatepuppy
10-02-2008, 06:06 PM
We had our furnace running this morning. The thermostat is set very low though.;)

Hellow
10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
We have to turn the heat on during the nights as it nearly hit the 30s last night. I like the temps around 65-75, any cooler and I feel cold, any hotter and I feel hot.

jenluckenbach
10-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Anyone turn their heat on yet?

With the price of oil???

I may NEVER turn the heat on! :eek: :eek: :eek:

boomersooner
10-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Still too hot here for that....but, my electric bill was less, so I guess the A/C isn't kicking on as much as it did before! It is definately fall...I noticed our grass isn't as high as it usually is on a Thursday after a weekend mow......

gemini9961
10-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Nope, A/C still running here and that is set at 75. Will probably have the A/C till the end of October if not longer. I'm in the Tampa Bay area of FL, an hour north of Tampa. Still quite warm around these parts. :)

Twisterdog
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Our furnace has been on for a month. Typical. Of course, there have been days where I so wanted to turn on the air conditioner in the afternoon, too. We have very extreme weather ... not only from season to season, but from morning to afternoon.

K9karen
10-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Hopefully not until November or until Mz Logan's cute widdle nose gets colder.

I put away the shorts but am still wearing t-shirts and sandals! I'm sucking in every teeny weeny bit of warm sun I can!

RICHARD
10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes the heat has been on for the last few days, high 90's and almost 100.

But it's a dry heat.:rolleyes:

boomersooner
10-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Our furnace has been on for a month. Typical. Of course, there have been days where I so wanted to turn on the air conditioner in the afternoon, too. We have very extreme weather ... not only from season to season, but from morning to afternoon.

We do, too....My aunt from Kansas used to visit us between Christmas and New Year's and used to joke how we can have all four seasons in a week here in Texas!!!

AllAmericanPUP
10-02-2008, 09:03 PM
today we turned the heat on for a little bit just to get the chill out of the house but we only turned it up to 68...

the weather has been beautiful this week, i love it being in the 60's and low 70's :)

Marigold2
10-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Nope it was 43 here today and I loved it. Wasn't feeling too well so I worked from home in my PJ's. It was heaven. I so enjoy the cold. Hot chocolate, a good book, a blanket and a kitty on the lap.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Not yet. It's still been in the upper 70's and low 80's during the day, and we're used to it getting cool at night. This weekend is going to be cooler though (high of 65 on Sunday) so I may have to drag out a space heater or try out the fireplace if it stays cool. I'm not turning on the furnace until I have to!

shepgirl
10-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Been a nasty summer so we've varied from the furnace in the morning to the a/c at suppertime since August. We light the fireplace every morning now to get that cold dampness out of the house. I find gas heat not as dry as electric which we had before. We've had frost for the past month in the mornings and lost out garden.

mustlovedogs
10-03-2008, 08:02 PM
We had to turn our heat on yesterday! It was so cold, it's only like high-30's to lower-40's right now. Brr!

Lillycat
10-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Richard, you are too funny.....Sara, in the winter months I envy you the warmer clime.....I am sorry you are still homesick.....that may never go away...enjoy the nice weather while you can.....as for me....yes I did turn the heat on earlier in the week just to "take the chill out".... but that was before I had the woodstoves swept on Wednesday.....from now on it will be a woodstove fire to "take the chill out".....hope not to turn the heat on for real till much later.....

RICHARD
10-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Richard, you are too funny..........

On Tuesday it was near 100, Today it's 69 degrees.:rolleyes:

I walked to the supermarket the other day and almost passed out on the way home.

-------------

My RBGF was obsessed with the weather channel......I thought to myself, '24 hour weather????"

I now own a really neat clock that has the time, date and TEMPERATURE on it.
I peek in on the weather reports on the news and watch the "Forecast on the
8's", I don't even notice the see-thru blouses on the weather babes anymore!:rolleyes:

blue
10-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Ild like too. I just got my furnace fixed on friday, but I cant turn it on before I have the flue cleaned out. So Im sitting here with a couple of electric heaters.

Medusa
10-04-2008, 06:08 PM
With the price of oil???

I may NEVER turn the heat on! :eek: :eek: :eek:

If I had oil heat, I'd probably feel the same way. I've been cold blooded all my life, hence the ID Medusa. Even as a child, the cold weather made my body ache and now that I'm older, it's downright painful. I never had a bad pain day the entire time I lived in AZ. As soon as I got off the plane in OH, the pain came back.

RICHARD
10-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I never had a bad pain day the entire time I lived in AZ. As soon as I got off the plane in OH, the pain came back.

I wonder if John Mc Cain had anything to do with that?;)

joycenalex
10-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Yes the heat has been on for the last few days, high 90's and almost 100.
But it's a dry heat.:rolleyes:

*snort* i'm on early shift now, so i get out of a 3 cat , one blanket bed at 5:20am, slide on my fleece clogs, let peanut out (she sleeps under her 'blankie', a big worn bath towel on her bed) , put on my big purple terry bath robe and swill down cup of coffee #1. by the time i get back into my bedroom to dress for work, peanut is UNDER my blankets, and 2 of the 4 cats are with her....a warm dog can replace a warm human:p in their world view i think. i'm holding off on turning on the heat until the inhouse temp when i get up is 62. maybe november 1?:p

joycenalex
10-05-2008, 10:08 AM
i got to sleep in till 6 am. :D. dog in& out, all critters fed, thermometer checked, 65 in house, 46 outside, maybe the heat will be on before november 1, peanuts ears were cold, so i'll dig out her sleep shirt so she stays warmer at night. does anyone else check their critters ears to see if they, the dog/cat is cold?

Medusa
10-05-2008, 10:16 AM
does anyone else check their critters ears to see if they, the dog/cat is cold?

I don't have to. Creamsicle and Boo seek out the heat vents and sit right on top of them. :p

joycenalex
10-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't have to. Creamsicle and Boo seek out the heat vents and sit right on top of them. :p

3 of the cats are heater humpers too.:) cat #4 is...plush, so she doesn't do that so much;)

Medusa
10-05-2008, 01:04 PM
3 of the cats are heater humpers too.:) cat #4 is...plush, so she doesn't do that so much;)

Plush, hmmm, think I'll use that when I look in the mirror.

Daisy and Delilah
10-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Still using A/C here.

We sure are and we will be for awhile.:(