PDA

View Full Version : Still a Bad Influence

Willow Oak
10-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I posted this under another thread, but am sharing it here in the "Cat General" section:

One kind Pet Talker member recently accused me of giving animal rights people a bad name. Well, it looks like I've continued my very bad ways. I am constantly preaching the virtues of animal adoption to people I meet and with whom I work. "Adopt from the shelter," I say. "Phooey on designer dogs and cats!"

On yesterday, one of the developers with whom I work informed me that he and his wife decided to follow my advice and adopt an animal from the Memphis animal shelter. They got a cat. It just so happens that while they were filling out the papers, the shelter manager found out that the cat had been scheduled for euthanization several weeks ago. The paperwork had evidently been misplaced and was only found when my coworker and his wife went to collect the cat.

Hm...

They named her Zanne:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/Zanne/zanne_1.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/Zanne/zanne_2.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/Zanne/zanne_4.jpg

lvpets2002
10-02-2008, 09:37 AM
:eek: WoW no kiding.. Neat Story with a very happy ending.. Great & this baby is Adorable.. Welcome to PT Zanne..

Barbara
10-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Aaawww what a beauty. I suppose some higher powers mixed the papers up because they knew that the new purrents were waiting for Zanne.

Pam
10-02-2008, 10:41 AM
She looks like she is in charge of the household already. :) It's good to see you back!

Randi
10-02-2008, 11:20 AM
What a gorgeous girl she is, and look at those paws! She seems to fit right in there. It must be wonderful for her to have some space now. How lucky she was to be saved. :) I like the name Zanne. Do you know her age?

jazzcat
10-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Great story and what a gorgeous kitty!

sasvermont
10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
There are just sooooo many unwanted pets here in the USA. I am so amazed when I hang out on PetFinder to see the thousands of pets/animals. What is wrong with this society? People here can't even manage to "return the shopping cart" to the place of origin, let alone take care of a pet properly. I think I am going to move to some other continent. And if the Republicans win in November, I am moving. (I sound a tad wigged out, eh?)

I love the stories you share with us, Mr. Willow Oak, so please do continue doing so. I know we give you grief from time to time, but ignore it. Your stories usually make us all feel warm and fuzzy. Isn't that what life is all about? Feeling good?!! Y E S !!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-02-2008, 01:17 PM
What an absolute gorgeous (and lucky!) cat!!

Donnaj4962
10-02-2008, 01:27 PM
She is stunning! I love the lion cut on her tail! She looks like she is the Queen of the household already! Please, Mr. Willow Oak, keep up the good work and ignore the nasty comments of some uninformed folks!

catmandu
10-02-2008, 05:49 PM
THATS WAS SUCH A STROKE OF LUCK THAT ZANNE WAS NOT PTS.
I WONDER IF SOMEONE FELL IN LOVE WITH HER, AND GAVE HER THE TIME THAT SHE NEEDED FOR HER GOTCHA DAY.:love::love:
THATS A GRET , AND TOUCHING STORY, AND THE FOUND CATS ARE MEEEOWING FOR ZANNE AS WELL. :love::love::love:

Bengalz
10-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks so much for helping out with Zanne the Adorable:D And welcome back :) it's good to see you posting again.

jennielynn1970
10-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Oh! She is gorgeous! Glad the paperwork was misplaced at the shelter and she got a home!