PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #285.....Anniversary Party!!!!

Lady's Human
10-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Hmmm.........I think everyone's still asleep from the slumber party.

WAKE UP!!!!

The menu for this week is Chinese food, Sam Adams beer and wine coolers.

LOH and I have officially been married for 12 years...............and I haven't traded her in yet.

Orc, I need some help with the woodpile, it's getting a touch nippy around here and there's wood that needs to be split and stacked.

smokey the elder
10-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Congratulations! *Mixes up pitchers of mimosas and Bloody Marys.*

Killearn Kitties
10-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Congratulations! I have on my best clothes, and I've brought a HUGE cake and a medal for LOH. :p
Let's party!

Lady's Human
10-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Harumph......A medal for LOH and nothing for me?

It's been a long 12 years...... :D

Killearn Kitties
10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
How about you have an extra big piece of cake??? A big cake and 12 blissful years, what more could you ask? :D

lizbud
10-02-2008, 10:00 AM

She deserves the medal & you get congratulations for having the good
sense to pick her in the first place.:)

Really, Happy Anniversary to you both.:D Just finished breakfast, so it's
to soon to think of more food or drink just yet, but I will check back later.

Karen
10-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Happy Anniversary both of you! Hard to believe it has been 12 years! Perhaps a coffee ring to celebrate?

davidpizzica
10-02-2008, 11:03 AM
LH, congratultions on twelve years of marriage! Marriage is a fate I hope to avoid, but things are going well between moosmom and myself so who knows. . .? Could I have a DOTD?

RedHedd
10-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Happy Anniversary! Champagne all around!

Lady's Human
10-02-2008, 11:26 AM
A Sam Adams, for David, and some Champagne for them who want it!

I'll let LOH explain the Chinese food later, but I'll take a slice of that Coffee Ring in lieu of a medal!

Cinder & Smoke
10-02-2008, 11:53 AM

Wonder what the Other Half has to say about the past 12 years ...
Maybe you shold be thankful that "only a medal" will suffice! :p

Are ya throwin a ParTee for the Lucky Bride?
Might be an idea to offer a bit more than Chinese + Sam Adams ...
but whadda I know?

(Can I get a HAMburger from the Chinese place?)

PS: HAPPIE ANNIVERSARY to BOTH of you!! :)
:)

RICHARD
10-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I dragged my feet on posting this week's thread....now I know why!

Congrats and I can stir a wok if you like?

Somehow I think this week's fare has a little to do with the reason for this week's thread!

DONE!

Karen
10-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Okay, coffee ring attached! Enjoy folks!

sparks19
10-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Happy Anniversary :D

When someone asks us how long we have been married we like to respond with "We have been married for (enter amount of years you have been married).... feels longer" LOL

I don't do beer ... but a nice mixed drink of some kind might do the trick. I'm not picky :D

And why do they call them slumber parties... how misleading. Rarely does any slumbering take place lol

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Ok all I've been told that I'm the one that has to explain the significance of the Chinese food and beer at our anniversary party. Well before LH and I started dating I had two cats Merry and Pippin. Merry got very sick and went to the RB. I was very upset. LH came over that night with Chinese food and beer to cheer me up and the rest as they say is history.

P.S. thanks for the medal. And I'll take some of that coffee ring please.

RICHARD
10-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Ok all I've been told that I'm the one that has to explain the significance of the Chinese food and beer at our anniversary party. Well before LH and I started dating I had two cats Merry and Pippin. Merry got very sick and went to the RB. I was very upset. LH came over that night with Chinese food and beer to cheer me up and the rest as they say is history.

P.S. thanks for the medal. And I'll take some of that coffee ring please.

JUST AS I THOUGHT!

Women can be won over with food....and he didn't bring you chocolate?;)

Congrats and ask if you can have the remote for the evening! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

What would have happened if he showed up with sub sandwiches and whiskey?;):confused::D

----------

I have Harvey Wallbangers for the mixed drink people?

DONE?

----------

Karen,

Here's some international trivia for you!

The Hispanic/Mexican communities celebrate almost all the Catholic religious anniversaries/holidays. One is on 6 Jan and is to honor the three wise men who visited the Baby Jesus when he was born. The TWM were also kings and honored on Dia de los Reyes, Day of the Kings.

The custom is to bake or buy a giant coffee ring/pastry that has a small figurine of a baby hidden inside. When it is cut up and served, the person who gets the baby is supposed to host a Mass on 2 Feb. The pic of your coffee ring reminded me of it and gave me the idea for another themed Thursday!

Thanks and let me get some plates forks and napkins!

DONE?!

Edwina's Secretary
10-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Many happy returns to Lady's Humans. Wow...12 years....we will catch up to you in two more years! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

gini
10-02-2008, 06:29 PM
A hearty congratulations to LH and LOH on their 12th Anniversary.

Pat yourselves on the back that you made it 12 years and then take the next 12 a moment at a time - and enjoy each other.

I would love a piece of the coffee ring - it sure looks yummy!

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks everyone. Now how 'bout some of that coffee ring. Yes Lady you can have some too. Let's throw another log on the fire too. Can I have some hot cocoa with my coffee ring?

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-02-2008, 06:56 PM
JUST AS I THOUGHT!

Women can be won over with food....and he didn't bring you chocolate?;)

Congrats and ask if you can have the remote for the evening! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

What would have happened if he showed up with sub sandwiches and whiskey?;):confused::D

He started giving me lindt chocolates at christmas and valentine's day. I don't know if I want to know what would have happened if he had brought subs and whiskey, but I can bet it probably would have been a really interesting story.:D

RICHARD
10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
He started giving me lindt chocolates at christmas and valentine's day. I don't know if I want to know what would have happened if he had brought subs and whiskey, but I can bet it probably would have been a really interesting story.:D

:D

Let me pass out some drinks and propose a toast?

"To chop suey. Sam Adams and wine coolers. Many happy returns of the day and with Six you get Egg Rolls?"

Salud!

cassiesmom
10-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Happy Anniversary, Lady's Humans! Many happy returns of the day to you! Yum, almond cookies, I love these. And tea steeping - yeay!

sparks19
10-02-2008, 09:51 PM
harvey wallbangers sound good... or anything that will make it so I can't feel my head will work at this point.

Is this an anniversary bon fire or can anyone cozy up to it? LOL

RICHARD
10-02-2008, 09:57 PM
harvey wallbangers sound good... or anything that will make it so I can't feel my head will work at this point.

Is this an anniversary bon fire or can anyone cozy up to it? LOL

Open to the masses!

So warm up your 'bons'!

DONE!

Harvey Wallbangers, Champagne, Sam Adams, cake, cookies, coffee and all the things that go together when we celebrate!

DONE!

sparks19
10-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Awesome... I'm so there... blanket and booze in hand :D