PDA

View Full Version : Maxium dogs in residence, maryland??

RNcarrie75
10-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Hello. My husband and I were considering a 4th dog but we do not know the laws here and someone mentioned that the maximum number of dogs you could have a a single family dwelling was 3. We have a nice fenced in yard and our 3 other dogs are house dogs, only outside to play and do their business. And we are big fans of adopting from the humane society but the humane society is located in PA and they are not sure of the laws in MD. Does any one know??

Giselle
10-02-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm pretty sure it depends on your city, not your state. In Baltimore, the max is 3 dogs. But you can legally get a 4th dog if you apply for a kennel permit. Not sure if that's what it is in other cities. It's best to check your city's animal control website or call them.

Freedom
10-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Each city and town has their own ordinance. A quick phone call to city hall (town hall) will get the info you need.

My city has a limit of 3 dogs per house (I don't get a license for Ozzy :eek:). While we have no limit on cats, we do have an anti hoarding law.

The next city over has a 5 cat limit and a 4 dog limit. So it varies.

Husky_mom
10-02-2008, 05:03 PM
might wanna chekc your municipal code... I tried goodsearching for it, but not sure exactly where are you from... so...

here´s a good site.. just check the one you live in..
http://www.generalcode.com/webcode2.html#mary

StarandBratsmom
10-03-2008, 08:08 AM
You may try googling it, or even calling the City Hall for other places to find out.

RNcarrie75
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Well after a few phone calls I found out our town is allowed 5 dogs per residence. So once that was figured out, we went to adopt our 4th dog. His name is Max (because he is the max amount of dogs we are going to have) and he is a Puggles. I can't believe he was still there at the humane society...he's just too cute.

Ginger's Mom
10-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Congrats! :D I would love to see pics of Max (I love anything that has pug in it ;) ), and his fur siblings.