PDA

View Full Version : Those of you on Weight Watchers, or who have done it...

Christiansmommy
10-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi! I have a question for you. I am doing WW and have the books and the calculators, but my stuff is on the old side, it was given to me a while back, but still has all of the neccessities. I just have a question regarding calculating fiber. I have an old slide calculator that allows you to figure up to 10 grams of fiber, but I also have one that only allows up to 4 grams of fiber. My Aunt has an electronic calculator and she figures 3 pts. for something and I figure 1 pt.

I have an oatmeal that is 160 calories, 10 grams of fiber and 2 grams of fat...I come up with 1 pt. using my slide that goes up to 10 grams of fiber, but her calculator comes up with 3 pts. Is there a rule with WW that once you hit 4 grams of fiber or more, it only counts as 4 grams....if so, why do I have a slide calculator that goes up to 10? Thanks in advance!!

I love WW, by the way, and find it is the best diet out there, or as they say "way of life" which it truly is!

Thanks!

Robyn

sirrahbed
10-01-2008, 08:23 AM
I recall some discussion on this at a meeting and though my memory is vague - it had something to do with something being higher fiber had better calories and so less points? That high fiber cereal can "fool" the calculator into only getting one point even though the rest of the content might calculate at 3 or 4 pts. Counting it as only one point might be ok but not if you eat it too often and thus end up bumping your calorie count up too high. I may be all wrong about this. I would probably play it safe and count it as a healthy 2 points:)

caseysmom
10-01-2008, 08:31 AM
You are only allowed to count 4 grams of fiber now.

moosmom
10-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Your oatmeal is only 2 pts. I've got an extra slide if you'd like it. The dietary fiber grams goes up to 4 and then "or more" The total grams of fat goes up to 20. PM me with your address and I'll mail it out. I also have trackers I can send you to keep track of your points. I don't use them anymore cuz I've got the diet down to a science. It's a fun diet and a great way to lose weight. My daughter is my "coach" and I weigh in at her apt every Sunday.

Good luck!!