PDA

View Full Version : I think I need bubble wrap... lots of bubble wrap.

Sirrahsim
09-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Last week I was running after my son and ran right into the coffee table. I managed to fracture my toe and put a small fracture in the first bone in my foot and ended up being put on crutches. Yesterday I was finally beginning to feel better so I was hobbling around without the crutches. Tyler and I were putting together a pie and I had him on a stepstool so that he could help. When I went to go around him to get something out of the fridge I somehow managed to kick the stepstool with my bad toe :eek::eek:

Now not only is my toe broken and hurting but I am fairly certain that I've also fractured that first bone (anyone remember what that's called?) even worse.:( I am back on the crutches and tossing around the idea of going back to my doc and seeing if they willl put some sort of walking cast on it. It is quite difficult to handle two little ones while on crutches!

mina'smomma
09-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Oh no Missy!!! I think we need to wrap your leg in rubber foam. I would definatley talk to the doc about a walking cast. I'm sorry about your toe hun. It stinks when you break any toe

MoonandBean
09-30-2008, 09:12 AM
You probably broke your metatarsal. I just got through a summer where I definitely could have benefitted from being wrapped in bubble wrap :) My broken leg and squisshed finger are finally healed :) This has been a crazy summer for injuries; you are not alone! Good luck with the healing and caring for your little one with an injury...ugh!

kuhio98
09-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Gentle kisses to your boo boos. As much as I hate shoes, I'm thinkin' wearing them in the house might help until you're all healed up.

lvpets2002
09-30-2008, 10:53 AM
:(:eek:Ouchy Ouchy == Yes I think we need to Bubble Wrap You.. So sorry to hear of the Hurting Foot News.. I for sure would see if the Doc would put you in a walking cast.. Take Care & Get Well Soon..

sirrahved
09-30-2008, 01:54 PM
You would think it would be the TODDLERS that need bubble wrap!:D

So sorry you are hurting. Take it easy, if that's even possible!

Catlady711
09-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh gosh. I'm dealing with a toe problem too but not nearly as bad as yours. I know how much mine hurts so yours must be horribly painful. My sympathies for you. If you need bubble wrap just let me know, we get tons of it in at work. Hope your toe/foot heals up very soon!!!

AdoreMyDogs
09-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Awe Missy you poor thing :( Owwie :( That doesn't sound like fun at all! Hugs to you and I hope you are able to get a walking cast. That really would be easier with busy little boys. I can't imagine having to be in crutches with Quinn, sounds darn near impossible to mix toddler with crutches. Good luck Missy! Hugs to ya :(