PDA

View Full Version : Things I Know (add yours)

Karen
09-30-2008, 02:15 AM
All the current economic and political woes, and Adore My Dog's recent thread, and how much the media seems to want any quick answer instead of the right answer, made me want to start a thread about things I DO know. Because I do not know how to sort out the economy. I do not know the exact moment the source of the trouble began. I do not know a lot of things, but there are things, sure things, that I do know.

1. Hugs are powerful. A spinning hug is even more powerful - but can be dangerous.

2. No one is perfect.

3. Good deeds do not go unnoticed. They may not be commented on, but they are noticed.

4. On the whole, pet people are nicer than non-pet people.

4 Dog Mother
09-30-2008, 09:31 AM
1. Hugs are powerful. A spinning hug is even more powerful - but can be dangerous.

2. No one is perfect.

3. Good deeds do not go unnoticed. They may not be commented on, but they are noticed.

5. A smile or hello can brighten someone's day without you even knowing that that's all it took to let them know someone cares.

6. God answers prayers in the least way we suspect - and sometimes even through small children or our pets.

StarandBratsmom
09-30-2008, 10:12 AM
1. Love comes softly when you least expect it.

2. Attitude is a little thing but makes a huge difference.

3. Courage is when no one knows how scared you really are.

4. You look attractive when you smile

5. There is no better comfort in knowing you are pleasing God.

mina'smomma
09-30-2008, 10:36 AM

2. No one is perfect.

5. A smile or hello can brighten someone's day without you even knowing that that's all it took to let them know someone cares.

6. God answers prayers in the least way we suspect - and sometimes even through small children or our pets.

7. Nothing can brighten a day more then a baby's smile.

lvpets2002
09-30-2008, 10:56 AM
:) WoW I will just Agree with what All of You Have Stated..

slick
09-30-2008, 11:00 AM
I know I can't cook.....:rolleyes:

mruffruff
09-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Helping others feels good.

Sometimes it helps to cry.

You can never regret doing the right thing.

Giving love gets love in return.

catlover4ever
09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I know that no matter how bad of a day I'm having, being greeted at the door by an adoring pet makes me smile and my troubles melt away.

I know that money is not everything.

I know that life is too short, so live each day to your fullest.

sparks19
09-30-2008, 02:03 PM
I know that the simple pleasures in life are often the greatest pleasures in life.

I know that there is nothing in this world that compares to the innocence of a child.

joycenalex
09-30-2008, 05:18 PM
1. Having lived with and deeply loved an animal has made me a better human.
2.Coffee with half and half in the morning is totally necessary for my life to run well.
3. That chosing the right life partner can make your life 90% better, not perfect, but better.
3A- date alot, take the time to get to know someone, but you are a complete and wonderful human on your own and do not need anyone else to make you whole and valuable.
4 That some of the pet people i've met through the internet have become some of the most important people in my world.
5.Make sure you have enough money on you to get home.

Casper
09-30-2008, 07:42 PM
I know...

1. That material things and money aren't worth working yourself to death for.

2. To not hesitate to stand up for those too afraid to stand up for themselves.

3. To treat everyone equally with respect and kindness.

4. That someone, somewhere in the world is having a worse day than you.

5. To say "Please" and "Thank you".

shepgirl
09-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Do not let a day go by without telling your spouse and kids how much you care for them and love them.

Show appreciation for any kindness shown to you, no matter how small.

Don't jump dpwn a cashier's throat because she makes a mistake, she might be having a very hard sad day.

When you jump in bed at night, be thankful you have that bed and fall asleep counting your blessings. The petty stuff isn't worht it.

Catty1
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Having been a child who looked forward to being a "grownup", I know you never get there. You keep growing up your whole life.

kt_luvs_kitties
09-30-2008, 10:06 PM
That when people make nasty comments about your lifestyle, they just dont understand...

How could they when they dont come home to 15 loving cats and 2 naughty pups everyday;) I look at them, and understand COMPLETELY!
:love:

Karen
09-30-2008, 11:36 PM
I thought of one to add:

#: When you are growing up, everyone seems to imply being pretty is the way to be happy. But some of the most beautiful people I know are no more happy - and in fact some are less so - than some plain people I know.

Pretty does not equal happy. But niceness make the plainest person more beautiful.

Husky_mom
10-01-2008, 01:29 PM
1.- we learn something new everyday....we just have to pay attention
2.- we should be grateful to have what we have... some people have less and succeed...
3.- we should be grateful for what we donīt have... thereīs a reason why we donīt
4.- wanna have a nice cry?.. watch a dog movie... true friendship actions can set your waterworks on...
5.- Iīm not so much of a talker but I realized Iīm a better listener...
6.- even the littlest help or act of kindness... might be sucha great thing for the one you made it for...and the satisfaction of doing so much good to someone is a great treasure for ourselves

sparks19
10-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Don't sweat the petty things... and DON'T pet the sweaty things

MoonandBean
10-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Don't sweat the petty things... and DON'T pet the sweaty things

LOL!

OK...here's one: "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results"