PDA

View Full Version : Dog in rear of pick-up truck- I am so mad!

cassiesmom
09-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I was driving home from work today and saw a beautiful GSD in the bed of a small pick-up truck. That made me so mad because I was on a street where there is a fair amount of traffic day and night, both cars and trucks going to the rail yard. That dog should have been in the passenger seat. The truck went south on Ashland and I turned to go onto the expressway. I had already decided to call *999 if the truck went on the expressway. If the pick-up got hit the dog might have gotten badly hurt.

Sorry to rant but this makes me SO, SO MAD!!!!! (People riding in the back of pick-up trucks have the same effect on me.)

blue
09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
I see it all the time, tonights dog was a husky.

Last year I saw a mini pickup with a full sheat of 4x8 plywood overhanging the side of bed, along with a dog. The dog kept wanting to climb out on the wood so it was fully in the oncoming air.

Daisy and Delilah
09-29-2008, 10:47 PM
It will never cease to amaze me as to why these morons think the dog is not in danger. I can remember my ex-husband as a big fan of this. His answer was always, "Awww, he's not gonna fall out". Anything can happen.

I'm sorry you had to see that, Elyse. It's disturbing.:mad::(

shepgirl
09-30-2008, 09:11 AM
That's been outlawed here and glad that it was. If someone ever puts a dog in the back of an open tuck they get fined heavily and chances are good that they lose their dog. Haven't seen that since they passed that law yrs ago.

pitc9
09-30-2008, 09:20 AM
I hate it as well, I once saw a dog riding on a FLAT BED!!!!:eek:

boomersooner
09-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I used to see it a lot more than I do now.....I can't stand to see kids or animals in the back.....Years ago, I was behind a pickup with a doberman pacing back and forth.....I realized she had a puppy in her mouth.....before my eyes, she dropped it out of the truck, and it fell into the sewer opening in the street. I just prayed that it died instantly. The pup was gone, and I couldn't catch up to the truck...plus the fact I was in total shock. She was so nervous, I guess she was trying to save her pups... I'm assuming the owners were taking the pups to the vet for tail docking or something....Why they couldn't put them all in the cab of the truck, I don't know.....still bothers me a lot.

Taz_Zoee
09-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I hate seeing it too. This weekend we saw a king cab pick up pulling a sleeper trailer. In the bed (tied to the back right up against the tailgate) was a wire kennel with two little JRT's in it. They were shivering and whining. I was so mad!!!:mad: They could have had those pups in the cab with them. They are two little dogs and there was only two people in the KING CAB of the truck!!

Twisterdog
09-30-2008, 10:26 PM
It is techically illegal here to put a dog ... or a kid ... in the bed of a truck.

However, I see this multiple times per day, every day. Sometimes, I will see a truck with dogs running up and down the bed, jumping on the toolbox, barking their heads off in one lane at a stop light .... and a police car right next to them, in the other lane. It's a joke.

boomersooner
10-01-2008, 05:27 PM
It's illegal for kids if the truck is going past like 10 mph or something....but I see that all of the time.....I'm sure if I went out on more country roads, I would see lots of dogs, too. I don't think anyone or anything should ride in the back.