PDA

View Full Version : Funding for someone in Cat Forum (UPDATE! #17 - only $54 left!))

Catty1
09-29-2008, 07:47 PM
We have one person with a very sick kitty who already has a backlog of bills at the vet...name starts with an "A". (Don't want to TOTALLY embarrass her!).

Please PM me for her PayPal address; $5 - $10, it all adds up wonderfully if we pitch in.

ETA: More bills have come in for her; the idea here was to help the backlog. Doing a little more would be good. If 10 folks could manage $10, it would help a lot.

For those who CAN'T, TOTALLY understandable - don't apologize.

Your hearts want to, and that says it all. Prayers and good thoughts will be happily accepted. :):love:

THANK YOU!

momcat
09-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I feel so bad but right now the cash just isn't there. I'm a deacon in my church and I see ALL animals as very special gifts from God. Every single PT kitty is on my personal prayer concern list at Sunday service and every day in between. Please know that extra special prayers are being prayed for this sweet kitty.

Catty1
09-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks, momcat. Equal amounts of prayers, good thoughts and money help...well, a little heavier on the prayers is ALWAYS good...like if Melissa got a HUGE raise at work! :love:

Catty1
09-30-2008, 09:28 AM
*wee bmp*

Emeraldgreen
09-30-2008, 01:29 PM
This is great Candace! I would like to help, please PM me the paypal info. :)

pomtzu
09-30-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't normally do this, but I would also like to help - a donation in Puddy's memory. Uncle Sam coughs up my disability check tomorrow (if our govt has any money left!! :(). Please PM me the paypal info.

GILL
09-30-2008, 02:11 PM
A great way too remember. ET's donation has been sent.

Medusa
09-30-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't normally do this, but I would also like to help - a donation in Puddy's memory. Uncle Sam coughs up my disability check tomorrow (if our govt has any money left!! :(). Please PM me the paypal info.

Oh goodness, Ellie! I can't remember when I've been so touched. First Lara helped w/research to enable Puddy's last days to be wonderful, then Jenn lit a virtual candle for Puddy, Candace did a pictorial tribute to her, Karen wrote a poem about her, I've received countless PM's and have read dozens of posts about Puddy's transition and now you offer to make a donation in Puddy's memory, I don't even know what to say any more. You all are making me sob! (But in a good way.)

Candace, since I won't be spending so much money on Puddy's medication now, I have a little extra to donate as well. However, I cancelled my paypal account. Can you PM an address to me?

catmandu
09-30-2008, 05:22 PM
I WILL HAVE TO SEE HWO MUCH JUKE JOINT JOSEPHS VET BILL IS GOING TO BE , AS HIS GUMS ARE BLEEDING AND HE MAY NEED HIS TEETH TOTALLY REMOVED AND SURGERY DONE TO KILL WHAT BOTHERING HIM.
POOR DEAR OLD CAT, I HOPE THAT THIS TRIP DOES IT, HES COST ME GOING ON TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR IN THE LAST TWO YEARS.
BUT HES WORTH EVERY CENT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_78bb41b1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=78bb41b1.pbr)

Catty1
09-30-2008, 07:13 PM
I came home today and logged on and there were SEVEN Pms wanting the PayPal info!

And there are several more here.

You guys ROCK!!!!:D

Gary - not to worry, you take care of your guy. I know your healing Angels are with Anika kitty.:):love:

Anikaca77
10-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Well as most of you know it's me that Catty's been telling you all about.

I just sent this e-mail to Catty and I want to Thank Everyone who has donated or said a pray/thoughts for Anika.

We both appreciate it so much. I figured I'd share this e-mail below that I sent Catty. Thank you all again.

Catty,

I received $15 the first day so that helped with having to put down $50 on Monday's appt for Anika so I only had to pay $37. But I also had one check clearning yesterday at the vets for $33.00.

Since then I received another $50 yesterday ! thanks to you.

I just looked today and I received another $10.

Right now I'm holding off on paying the vet with these funds until I know for sure that I won't have to do an ultrasound because if I have to do that it will be $150-$200.

Here are a list of the checks I have already written to the vets for the next 2 months.

Oct. 15th: $44.53 (Athena's Herina past surgery)
Oct. 16th: $26 (Osiris's fixed)
Oct. 18th: $18 (re-check Osiris)

Nov. 16th: $50 (Anika)

They want me to pay ~$150 (my total as of right now from yesterday's visit with getting the meds for her is up to $186.64) by the end of Dec. 2008 and if I incure any more charges over the next couple of months before December I will have to pay $30 a month until my balance is paid off.

Thank you so much for all your help in this.

Anika did eat some dry food last night, I caught her having a few bites after we forced canned food on her.

But this morning I went to give her, her meds and she threw them up, so I have to call the vet again this morning and see if she wants me to try again tonight or what.

If you want to sharing this posting please feel free.

Thank you again, you are really an amazing person and Anika and I thank you.

Melissa

Anikaca77
10-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Here is a copy of Anika's Bills and Lab Reports.

Medusa
10-01-2008, 07:59 AM
When Puddy was so sick and didn't want to eat, she only wanted dry food. My vet said to let her have whatever she wants until she's over the hump. It made sense to me because if I have an upset stomach, I don't want anything moist; I want something dry, such as dry toast. So maybe letting her have dry food such as Purina Cat Chow will work just until she can eat her other food.

GILL
10-01-2008, 08:23 AM
I am glade we could help And I hope that Anika is doing well. We will keep her in our prayers.
A side note The next time that one of my babies are ill I'm moving to PA. Those bills are a third of the ones I just payed for ET. The only thing we did not do was an ultra sound.

Anikaca77
10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Well I just got a call back from the vets and well her thyroid test came back negative.

So that means either:

1 it's a bacteria infection and will be fixed with Amoxicillin or
2 it's cancer or
3 a tumor or
4 something that we won't know till we do an ultrasound.

She told me to try to force some food on her and get some in her belly and wait about 20 mins. then try to give her the liquid meds and then later try the pill too. She said that if she throws up again then I need to call her in the morning and we will decide whether to go straight for the ultrasound or try maybe a pill or an injection of the meds.

Please say a pray for my baby. Thank you for your suggestions and donations.

Melissa

Catty1
10-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Okay, I've been following the thread on Anika kitty, and it looks like she will need further testing.

I PM'd Melissa, and the PayPal donations are a HUGE help! Those of you who have sent a cheque, maybe PM her and let her know how much. Yes, it spoils the surprise, but she is keeping a sharp eye on her budget.

Anika kitty will need $150 for an ultrasound. Myself, I would round that up to $200 as there are sometimes surprise "extras" - a few more meds or something.

I just got advised by PM of a $25 donation. So that leaves $175.00, with the pending cheques deducted.

Melissa can handle the back bills...it's the the new stuff that is scary.

Everyone that has donated just absolutely rocks! (as I said before ;) )

So - if you have NOT donated yet, and would like to do so, PM me for the PayPal address or Melissa's mail address.

This is ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY - things are tight all over; I can't donate any more right now. BUT my thought was if enough people donate a little bit, that it will all add up.

Thanks SO much!

Catty1
10-02-2008, 10:04 AM
YAAY! Thanks folks - Anika kitty now only needs another $54.

If you know a PTr here you think might be able to give a little, please PM them and put this thread link in the message.

Just a little more!

THANKS! :D

(PS need lots of prayers for Anika...still not eating....:( )