PDA

View Full Version : Is this place realy modded by 2 people?

blue
09-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Really?

How do yall manage it?

Kfamr
09-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Yep - Karen and Paul are the only two moderators/admins.

My theory is that they don't sleep.

blue
09-28-2008, 11:25 PM
My theory is that they don't sleep.

Vampires?

Karen
09-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Hee hee - we do sleep, honest! Sometimes on a weird schedule, but we have a great community of people here who help by doing "reported post" or sending a PM to me when something needs moderator attention, which helps.

Not only are there only two of us, but we are married to each other!

And while we both may be kinda pale white folks, we aren't vampires, I promise! We just wear sunscreen and hats when we're in the bright sun at the Dog Park gatherings in Findlay because we both sunburn easily, so it's less painful to be conscientious about sunscreen than deal with the results of forgetting it.

Okay, I *am* allergic to garlic, that's kinda vampire-like, but it just makes me throw up for 12 hours, it doesn't actually kill me.

blue
09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Hee hee - we do sleep, honest! Sometimes on a weird schedule, but we have a great community of people here who help by doing "reported post" or sending a PM to me when something needs moderator attention, which helps.

Not only are there only two of us, but we are married to each other!

And while we both may be kinda pale white folks, we aren't vampires, I promise! We just wear sunscreen and hats when we're in the bright sun at the Dog Park gatherings in Findlay because we both sunburn easily, so it's less painful to be conscientious about sunscreen than deal with the results of forgetting it.

Okay, I *am* allergic to garlic, that's kinda vampire-like, but it just makes me throw up for 12 hours, it doesn't actually kill me.

I have to say Im impressed, with the traffic you get on this forum.

smokey the elder
09-30-2008, 07:19 AM
For the most part, people on this forum have very good manners. We have the "Dog House" for contentious issues, but even there we have unwritten "rules of engagement." I think I can count on one hand the number of people who have had to be banned in the last 6 years.

Hellow
10-01-2008, 09:33 PM
These people make for a great community, Karen and Paul rarely have to use the banhammer against people. I hope they don't turn into me and start pulling all nighters to get MySQL upgraded or to switch servers ;).

P.S. I am one of the tech people on here ;)

smokey the elder
10-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Funny you should mention MySQL. There's one site that kept giving MySQL errors, aka "white screen of death". The folks on the site called them "squirrel" errors and named the "squirrel" Chet!:D

Hellow
10-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Funny you should mention MySQL. There's one site that kept giving MySQL errors, aka "white screen of death". The folks on the site called them "squirrel" errors and named the "squirrel" Chet!:D

Heh, more than likely someone misconfigured the database or someone was just playing with buttons. I occasionally help fix the Ubuntu Forums when some idiot comes in and starts messing around in places they don't need to.

Cinder & Smoke
10-02-2008, 05:07 PM
P.S. I am one of the tech people on here ;)

Hmmmmm ... :confused:
I didn't know that.
What's your Title?

Karen
10-02-2008, 05:40 PM
He's not a part of our moderating team or anything, he's just a normal member here who happens to be tech-savvy in the rest of his life.

Hellow
10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Hmmmmm ... :confused:
I didn't know that.
What's your Title?

Mr. Geek :p.
Naa, Karen is right, im not a moderator or anything, I just assist people with technical related problems. And yes, I am very technical savvy in the rest of my life (3 powerful servers and the # goes up occasionally, I run tons of variations of Linux, I can fix nearly any linux related problem). Hehe, Karen, if yall break something and yall cant fix it, ask me ;).