PDA

View Full Version : My good deeds go un-noticed **EDIT**OMG IT's BACK!!!...

AdoreMyDogs
09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
All my life I've been honest. I return everything that I find, glasses, money, whatever it may be. I've found purses, I've found other personal items. I've found car keys. I've ALWAYS been an extremely honest person. Never, in a million years, would I ever take anything that did not belong to me. I've been an advocate of "Practice Random Acts Of Kindness And Senseless Acts Of Beauty". I've put coins in meters that were out, I've snow shoveled strangers walkways and raked strangers leaves. I've been a good person.

My good deads continue to go un-noticed. Left my purse in my shopping cart at Wal-Mart this evening. Quinn was sleepy and throwing a fit, I thought I grabbed her cart cover with my purse, but aparentlly I missed my purse. Went right back, not even 5 minutes after I left the parking lot and the cart I used was empty, no purse. Ran inside, no one turned in a purse. Left my phone numbers and info, no call. My purse had all my pictures of Quinn, my voters regeristeration card, my license, my checkbook, my ATM card, my only cash (we never have cash, I just happened to return a defective item and got cash back, the money was for groceries and nothing more...we're totally broke), it had my social security card, my checkbook, it was a brand new Vera Bradley purse my mother in law gave me, with a Vera Bradley wallet inside, also a gift from my mother in law. Had everything in it.

I'm disgusted with humanity and I'm not seeing any point in being honest. Honesty gets me no rewards. For the first time in my life, I can understand thieves. Dishonesty gets rewarded with things. Someone dishonest took my purse and they're cashing in on my last remaning grocery money, probablly threw my pictures of Quinn away (one of which is my very only wallet picture of her, her easter picture), doing who-knows-what with my social card, license, and every other personal item I had in my purse.

I don't ask for prayers often, but I ask please for prayers for the return of my personal items. I prayed hard on my way back to Walmart, I had my mom pray hard, my husband pray hard. Maybe with more prayers my purse with all my belongings and the last of the money that we DON'T have, get returned. I want my Quinn pictures back, I can't afford to get a new license. We can't afford produce now, that cash was what we were using for produce.

I'm just sick.

Sorry for the rant. I know that prayers do miracles and I don't have the money to re-claim all my lost items. I'd appreciate some prayers. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but to me, this is a major deal. :(

beeniesmom
09-28-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm sorry about what happened.
What goes around comes around. Even good things.
I'll be praying that whoever took it will return it soon.

shepgirl
09-28-2008, 08:54 PM
I do exactly what you do, "do unto others" is always my motto. But I can honestly say that I felt exactly like you do right now because of a few bad experiences. Then I realized that my good deeds do not go unnoticed...and neither does yours. You will be rewarded ten fold for your deeds.
I agree, what goes around, comes around and I have witnessed that also.
But being able to look at myself in a mirror is more important to me than giving up on people.
I will keep you in my thoughts and pray that someone will return your purse with everything in it.

Karen
09-28-2008, 08:59 PM
You'll be in my prayers. Maybe the pictures, at least, will make their way back to you.

Ginger's Mom
09-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Prayers and hugs being sent out for you. You may think your good deeds have gone unnoticed, but I guarantee you that they haven't. However, your unhappiness over the having your purse taken is very understandable. I will pray that you get all of your personal things back. Did you call the police as well as report it to the store?

RockyRoad
09-28-2008, 09:02 PM
The same thing happened to me about a year ago. I put my bag down for a minute to get a box of shoes, and then walked to the register. I realized my bag was gone and went back for it, and it was gone. It had all my personal items like license and debit card and whatnot, as well as my phone and checkbook and such. Later, once the police got involved and got the security tapes, I saw it was the girl in front of me at the register who had stolen my bag. When I had noticed my bag was missing, she had even turned around and looked at me with sympathy. She was with a man and a boy that looked like her father and brother. It`s sickening what people can do, and it is so true that it`s always (well not always, per say) the "good" people that have these things happen. :( I`m sorry that this happened to you, and I`m crossing fingers and toes hard that you get your purse back with none of your personal effects missing.

ramanth
09-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Oh Leslie, that's horrible. :( :( Many prayers that it's all returned back to you.

*HUGS*

Pam
09-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Leslie I am so sorry this happened to you. I can feel the anxiety and sadness in your post and I wish I could give you a big (((hug))). Please don't let the piece of scum that took your purse take away the goodness that is you. They will reap what they sow, for sure.

Later, once the police got involved and got the security tapes, I saw it was the girl in front of me at the register who had stolen my bag.

FLS may have a good idea here. Most stores do have security cameras, outside and inside. Check with the store and see if they can provide any assistance for you as far as tapes, etc. My main concern would be for identity theft. I will pray that whoever took your things will just take the cash and turn everything else back in. Why do people think they have a right to other people's things? It just breaks my heart. We live in a cruel world. :(

Cincy'sMom
09-28-2008, 09:23 PM
That stinks! We will be praying, and hopefully someone will have a change of heart and return your things to you.

caseysmom
09-28-2008, 09:40 PM
I did the same exact thing when my daughter was an infant and I had the same results.

Everyone isn't bad last thursday I gave my daughter a ride to the ATM she came over and said someone had left their checkbook, we were it a huge rush be she took the time to take it inside I was proud of her.

Unfortunately there are a lot of dishonest people but thank god for people like you we do appreciate it...please don't change.

sparks19
09-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I am so sorry :(

This sickens me.

I would never DREAM of stealing someone's purse or anything else. it makes me sick that ANYONE capitalizes on the misfortune of others.

But... please... don't stop doing your random acts of kindness. I know you aren't personally receiving any rewards for it as others have not been as kind to you... but the happiness you bring to others is a wonderful thing and MAY just inspire them to do something for someone else in return.

I am praying that your belongings are returned to you

Daisy and Delilah
09-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Leslie, I'm so much like you are. I could never take anyone elses belongings. Especially personal items that are so treasured. Taking money from someone is pretty low as well. I always do the right thing too. Your story just makes me cringe and very sad for you. People make me sick!!

Along with everyone else, don't ever stop being who you are. Don't put yourself on the level of worthless people. You will be rewarded someday.

I am so sorry. I feel so bad and I will be glad to help if you would like me too. Please let me know. I don't want to see anyone suffer and go without anything.:(

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

AdoreMyDogs
09-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Just 2 hours ago someone pulled up infront of our house and stole our Obama yard sign. People just suck. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but tomorrow I'm stealing a McCain sign in my neighborhood. I'm tired of it. I'm just tired of it. Never stolen anythign in my life, but tomorrow I'm taking a yard sign, one less McCain sign will be out there. That will make make up for my stolen Obama sign.

I left my digital camera with a couple hundred photos from my vacation on the airplane back in May and of course, someone stole that. Someone stole a camera with a couple hundred photos of a family on vacation. Who could do that? I never see any of my good deads rewarded. I lose stuff and stuff gets stolen and it happens every time I lose something. I'm tired of being honest. I see no rewards from it.

I have no faith in humanity. People disgust me.

caseysmom
09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Just 2 hours ago someone pulled up infront of our house and stole our Obama yard sign. People just suck. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but tomorrow I'm stealing a McCain sign in my neighborhood. I'm tired of it. I'm just tired of it. Never stolen anythign in my life, but tomorrow I'm taking a yard sign, one less McCain sign will be out there. That will make make up for my stolen Obama sign.

I left my digital camera with a couple hundred photos from my vacation on the airplane back in May and of course, someone stole that. Someone stole a camera with a couple hundred photos of a family on vacation. Who could do that? I never see any of my good deads rewarded. I lose stuff and stuff gets stolen and it happens every time I lose something. I'm tired of being honest. I see no rewards from it.

I have no faith in humanity. People disgust me.

Steal two (if you can find two people willing to admit to that!)

beeniesmom
09-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Nah, don't steal a sign (even if it's sounds tempting to pull a Mc Cain sign - just kidding). It's really not worth it. You are a good person and you can't change that. With your luck at the moment, someone will have it on tape and get you arrested. The suggestion about the walmart parking lot video camera is a good idea. I'd look into that.

Medusa
09-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Your anger and disappointment is certainly understandable but don't lose hope; someone may return your purse w/the belongings yet. When I moved back to OH from AZ, I was so scattered that when I was offloading my luggage from the cart into my son's waiting car, neither of us noticed that I left my brief case there. It was full of all my important papers, my passport, my phone book w/all my pertinent contacts and a credit card w/a rather high limit and no balance. I was panic stricken. I, of course, called the airport and reported it, not expecting anything positive but I got a call later that my brief case had been turned in intact. There are other people like you and me out there, even if at times like this it seems not. We'll send up prayers that your things will be returned to you. It's unfortunate that this has happened but don't allow yourself to become cynical. Things like this happen to all of us at one time or another. Keep your integrity, and by all means, keep the faythe. Things can be replaced.

finn's mom
09-29-2008, 07:17 AM
:( Don't give up. Have a momentary lapse if you must, but don't give up completely. Good deeds change the world, even if you never personally see the results. That person you returned a pair of glasses to or a purse or whatever it might be...I'm sure it changed their day for the better. They were probably kinder to their families, even if just for a few moments, and I'm sure they shared their story with people. I can't help but think at least a few smiles were born because you did what you were born to do, which is be a good person.

Did you ever see "You've Got Mail"? Sweet little movie, but for some reason...I am just remembering one of their online conversations where she is talking about how she never can think of anything witty (and mean) to say until after the situation passes...and he's talking about how he always knows exactly the rude thing to say at exactly the right time...but he always feels remorse afterwards.

My two cents...don't steal the sign. :love:

lizbud
09-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Oh Leslie, I am so sorry.:(

I almost never carry a purse anymore because they just seem to be a
crime magnet. I only carry cash & cards I need in my pockets. Had a purse
stolen from my car once (when I foolishly stuck it under the front seat).
I got a call from a lady about 3-4 days later saying she had found the purse
in her yard & everything but the money was still inside. Actually her dog was
the one to find it in her back yard. It had little teeth marks on it but it was
o.k. otherwise.:)

Honestly, they could have had the money, but I would have hated to lose
my children's pictures that were in it.To top it off, the lady wouldn't even
take the money I offered her for calling me after finding it. There are still
good people out there & I hope someone proves it to you too.:)

moosmom
09-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Leslie,

I know what you're going through. I was lucky that my wallet was returned. Unfortunately, the only thing they took was $100 I had in it for food. They mailed it back to me anonymously and it was all beat up. I think I may have dropped it on the side of the highway on the way to PA at Christmas.

You'll be in my prayers, girl.

pomtzu
09-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Your good deeds ARE noticed - by the only one that really matters. One day you will be rewarded for them! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
09-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Oh, Leslie! I'm so sorry this happened to you, you do not deserve this...:( You will deffinetly be in my prayers!

Pam
09-29-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but tomorrow I'm stealing a McCain sign in my neighborhood.

Leslie, two wrongs have never made a right and they never will. Retaliation is not the answer. If everyone who was ever wronged retaliated it would be a world unfit to live in. I for one wouldn't want to live in a world full of people with that mindset and I don't believe you do either in your heart.

Actually my first thought about the Obama sign was that the person who took it was someone too lazy to go out and get their own. I never thought it could be a McCain person not wanting Obama to be advertised on your lawn (as if there isn't enough advertising for both sides going on via the TV and radio). :p

Please just take a couple of deep breaths and don't bring yourself down to the level of a few nasty people. They are to be pitied.

Cincy'sMom
09-29-2008, 02:53 PM
I had a friend that was a waiter through college. After working his butt off for a particular table, they left him a 25 cent tip. He wasn't rude about it, but told them if that was all they could afford, they needed the quarter worse then he did. While it was done somewhat facetiously I have tried to use that when people do steal things...I figure they must have needed it much worse then I did and hope that they enjoyed it.

(For example, I made my BIL a blanket for Christmas. The package was stolen off his front porch and he never got it. I was upset, but I hope who ever stole it needed that blanket and that it kept them warm this past winter).

popcornbird
09-29-2008, 03:21 PM
I came on PT after a LONG time today, and just feel the need to respond to this post.

Leslie, honesty is a beautiful quality, and you are honored to have that in you. Don't ever let go of it.

You may think it goes unnoticed, but that is not true at all. Let's look at things with a different perspective.

When people have lost things, and you found them and returned it to them, I guarantee those people will be praying for you and sending well wishes your way for as long as they live. Those people who were touched by your honesty will never forget it. I know because many years ago, my brother lost his wallet. That very same day, a man called, and told us he found the wallet and wanted to come over to return it. He did just that, and returned the wallet in exactly the same condition in which he found it. Though we never saw him again, and never heard from him again, we never forgot him, and always remember him as the good honest man who went out of his way to return my brother's wallet. Honesty makes a difference in this world, and you make a difference to everyone your honesty touches. That difference you make goes a long way.

Secondly, the thief, while you may think got your purse and is now enjoying it, really hasn't earned anything good. What he (or she) has earned is hate, mistrust, enemity of a kind person, the anger of God, and a guilt, that even if he/she will not admit, a guilt that will bug him/her for the rest of their life. That is not something I would ever like to earn!

Don't change your ways. Don't think, "Because my purse was stolen, and my sign was stolen, I will now go about stealing other peoples' signs!"

My husband's bike was stolen several months back. It never occured to us that just because someone brought harm to us, we should bring harm to others.

If you can find the culprit who did this, then by all means, bring that person to account. Inform the police and let them handle it. You should not make innocent people pay the price for someone else stealing your stuff though. Chances are, the person you intend to steal the sign from never harmed anyone else, and is as innocent as you. If you steal, you might only earn the anger and hate of another innocent person. The cycle should not continue. Quinn has a good mom, and I know she would want her mom to stay good...forever.

Most of all, don't forget that God created us all, and He's watching over everything everyone does. He knows who stole your purse, and if people don't bring that person to account in this world, God will. If you remain honest, God will reward you one day, but if you turn to the ways of the one who harmed you, you end up risking losing that too.

Just my two cents.

Husky_mom
09-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I´m so sorry.. and I know how you feel.... loosing your stuff.. by someone stealing them or by someones idiocity is just plain disgusting and frustrating...

I had my computer formatted with all my kids first year pics in it.. no back up at all... can´t bring back time for that.. and all because the guy knew squat about what he was doing...

we also had a stolen video cam forma water park.. we had went several times on several years but this time they stole our vid right beneath our noses... we just looked to the other side for a minute and BAM it was gone.. so we had to re-enact the whole vacation... but it really sucked...

our car keys were stolen too... luckily not the car but still...

I really hope the people who stole your purse, rethinks it and returns it... a purse can come and go but your personal stuff and your pics are priceless... and besides there are no good to them ... the money is mostly as good as gone and can be replaced... maybe not right now in what your situtation is but the other things that have sentimental value are irreplaceable...

if you need help and have paypal lemme know...I´m not rich either but we can always help out when needed... ;)

M&M's Mommy
09-29-2008, 04:58 PM
*Hugs*.

I'm sorry it happened to you. I'll pray that your purse get returned. In the mean times, please call all the credit report agencies to flag your credit and cancel all charge cards. Call the police to report the incident so that you'll have proof in case your identity also got stolen.

Please don't loose hope in humanity. There are as many good people out there who're trying to do good, honest things like you've always been doing as the bad ones, if not more. Please don't switch side!

Pembroke_Corgi
09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Plenty of (((hugs))) going out to you. I think you handled it remarkably well...since I have become pregnant, I cry at the littlest things and something like this would have sent me over the edge!

I can honestly understand how you feel, as I too have felt the same way many times. Why bother when no one else does? The answer is that because by doing good for others you are doing good for yourself, too. It is easier, and maybe in someways satisfying to be a selfish person, but I don't think those people can honestly feel good about themselves after some personal introspection.

The world needs more people like you- even though you are frustrated and upset by others, at least you are thinking about it. Some people probably go through life without thinking and they continue to cause pain to others.

It sounds like you are a wonderful person, and I hope that things look up for you from here on out. :)

Sevaede
09-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh no.. :( I can understand how that would be disheartening! I lost my wallet (fell out of my sweater) at a movie theatre and didn't realize it until I was already home. I went back and the manager had it, nothing missing, thankfully. I am very grateful to the nice person that turned it in.

Don't let a few bad seeds get you down. They are not worth investing the unhappiness. What goes around will come around for sure. :)

Kfamr
09-29-2008, 10:37 PM
One of my favorite quotes, I think it could apply here.

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."
-Gandhi

jennielynn1970
09-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Leslie, honesty is a beautiful quality, and you are honored to have that in you. Don't ever let go of it.

Honesty makes a difference in this world, and you make a difference to everyone your honesty touches. That difference you make goes a long way.

Don't change your ways. Don't think, "Because my purse was stolen, and my sign was stolen, I will now go about stealing other peoples' signs!"

My husband's bike was stolen several months back. It never occured to us that just because someone brought harm to us, we should bring harm to others.

If you can find the culprit who did this, then by all means, bring that person to account. Inform the police and let them handle it. You should not make innocent people pay the price for someone else stealing your stuff though. Chances are, the person you intend to steal the sign from never harmed anyone else, and is as innocent as you. If you steal, you might only earn the anger and hate of another innocent person. The cycle should not continue. Quinn has a good mom, and I know she would want her mom to stay good...forever.

Just my two cents.

Couldn't agree more, and couldn't put it any better.

Hope your purse (and everything in it) gets returned.

AdoreMyDogs
09-30-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Plenty of (((hugs))) going out to you. I think you handled it remarkably well...since I have become pregnant, I cry at the littlest things and something like this would have sent me over the edge!

I can honestly understand how you feel, as I too have felt the same way many times. Why bother when no one else does? The answer is that because by doing good for others you are doing good for yourself, too. It is easier, and maybe in someways satisfying to be a selfish person, but I don't think those people can honestly feel good about themselves after some personal introspection.

The world needs more people like you- even though you are frustrated and upset by others, at least you are thinking about it. Some people probably go through life without thinking and they continue to cause pain to others.

It sounds like you are a wonderful person, and I hope that things look up for you from here on out. :)

Oh trust me, I've cried almost all day, cried myself to sleep last night. Not only at the loss of my purse and belongings, but at humanity. And THIS is the world that I've brought my child and future child into? I cried because I felt my spirit had been broken. I cried because I felt so much hatred towards the human race. I cried because I don't have the money to replace my missing items.....then I had an amazing, life-changing breakthrew. I sat in Quinn's room while she brought me book after book and sat on my lap for 2 seconds, only to get up and grab another book and repeat over and over until I had a few stacks of books all around me. I cried at that moment because I was so sick and sad and "broken" that someone did this, and that I didn't see any rewards for all my lifetime of honesty, my things repetidally get stolen and I can't remember if I've EVER had anything retured to me, then, and I am not making this up, my little angel Quinn, came to me, hugged me (which she does ALL the time, but not often without me asking) and then patted my back with her hand as she hugged me. I really think it was God speaking to me threw Quinn. I"m not even a super religious person, but that was God in Quinn's room with me, showing me the glorious gift He granted me because I've been a good and honest person. Not only is Quinn beautiful on the outside, but she's absolutely a beautiful human being and she's got a beautiful personality and spirit. She's my reward for being a good person.

I have been crying ever since, and even typing this makes me cry. I was wrong, my good deeds have NOT gone un-noticed at all and I am only sorry I didn't see it sooner. I was looking for material items in my life as reward for being a good, honest person when if I looked deeper I would have seen that I've got something that scum that stole my purse doesn't have, nor will EVER have. It was a huge breakthrew and it was my first and most profound religious experience of my life.

I doubt I'll see my purse again but I've made peace with it. It still sickens me that anyone could do this to another human being, but I'm more blessed then they'll EVER be.

I wanted to thank you all for the prayers. If you wish, you can still pray that at least I'll get my Quinn pictures back, but I don't know that I'll ever see the purse or my belongings again. I also wanted to thank the folks who offered to help financially. You have no idea how much that means to me. This has been a life-changing experience for me. It truly has. We DON'T have extra money out of hubby's paychecks, but today my hubby took out a loan from our 401K retirement fund and we're using that to get me new ID and inhaler and the other stuff that I need.

So, phew, this has been quite an interesting day. Spent the majority of the day sobbing and doubting humanity, felt like my spirit had been 'broken' and felt no desire to be an honest person anymore, and so full of disgust and hate. The breakthrew with Quinn in her room is something I'll never forget. I think God came to me when I needed Him most, to restore my faith in humanity and to help me realize my blessings. Wowwie.

Oh, and on a slightly different note, hubby called the Democratic HQ here in our town to request a new sign and they said that EVERYONE'S had their Obama signs stolen. Aparently, a group of folks at the Republician headquarters are paying kids $1 for each Obama sign they bring in. Gee....can you say desperate?

Karen
09-30-2008, 02:01 AM
Your good deeds never go unnoticed. They may go unmentioned, but that does not mean they are not noticed. And every kindness you do to someone may make them kinder to someone else. Smiles work that way, too.

I know you know that God notices, and you know in your heart that Quinn notices. She may deny it in another 10-12 years, but she is observing and absorbing every day.

My pocketbook was stolen on the first of one month, and it was not until almost one month later that I got a phone call from another similar establishment - but one in another town, that wondered had I maybe left my purse there by accident? So it may not happen right away, but don't give up hope. In my case, almost everything was gone, but they did leave a couple of my family pictures, my license - which I had already replaced, of course, and my cell phone, though they stole even the "custom" earphones for them - being deaf on one side, I buy cheap earbuds, and chop one off. Why anyone else would want them, I do not know!

And do not go hungry, please. Food pantries exist, do not be ashamed to use one this week and next. Call a local Methodist church - if they don't have a food pantry, in my experience, they'll know where one is. And if you know any gardeners, they probably would love to give you a tomato or zuchinni or six right now, depending on what's in season down there. Such things tend to all ripen at once, and one can only eat so many!

Pam
09-30-2008, 04:46 AM
and then patted my back with her hand as she hugged me. I really think it was God speaking to me threw Quinn. I"m not even a super religious person, but that was God in Quinn's room with me, showing me the glorious gift He granted me because I've been a good and honest person.

Amen Leslie! This was your answer to prayer. Sometimes our prayers are not answered exactly in the way we expect. Sometimes His answer is even better. You DO have a gift - far more precious than anything that money can buy, and God is sending you another one! I have said probably a zillion times in my life that the most important things in all of the world are not things. They are health and family. When one has those two things they are truly rich. Karen has a good idea about checking out the food pantries. We have them up here too. In the meantime, keep on drinking in Quinn's love. She is your most precious gift. :love:

finn's mom
09-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Thank goodness for Quinn. :) xoxox

Sirrahsim
09-30-2008, 08:27 AM
I am so sorry that this happened to you:mad::(:( You do not deserve any of this. I hope that whoever took it feels terrible.
I'm very glad that Quinn was able to remind you of the good in this world :)

*hugs*:)

mina'smomma
09-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh hun ~big hugs~ I'm sorry this happened. Please don't change because of such selfish ppl. I'll keep hoping that an honest person will find it to bring your purse back. This is why I don't carry one anymore. I keep a wallet and a planner I keep in Cadience's diaper bag. This way I know where all my stuff is at. Again hun I'm sorry this happened to such a wonderful person.

MoonandBean
09-30-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm just seeing this thread now and I have to say that as I was reading your first, sad, heartfelt post, I was thinking: "She has a beautiful child and one on the way; how could she be feeling that she is not reaping life's beautiful rewards?" Of course, I understood your pain. I was so happy to read your latest post. It is truly a blessing that you do realize how wonderful of a life you have; a healthy, loving family. That truly is all that matters! The other stuff is a big inconvenience but you will get it all back in time. On a practical note, please have the store check their security cameras. My friend left her wallet in the front of a grocery cart for 1 minute. It was gone. The cameras showed the cart boy take it, empty it of cash and throw the remaining wallet and all its contents in the dumpster out back. He was forced to go through the dumpster to get it; and was fired. My friend didn't press charges because he was "a kid" and she felt bad for him. I will pray that you get some of the contents back but if not, it will all be ok!

Emeraldgreen
09-30-2008, 01:57 PM
So, phew, this has been quite an interesting day. Spent the majority of the day sobbing and doubting humanity, felt like my spirit had been 'broken' and felt no desire to be an honest person anymore, and so full of disgust and hate. The breakthrew with Quinn in her room is something I'll never forget. I think God came to me when I needed Him most, to restore my faith in humanity and to help me realize my blessings. Wowwie.

Wowwie is right! That is amazing and I'm so glad that you were given this peace. The gentleness and pure kindness shown to you by your daughter is such a perfect answer to your question of 'are my good deeds going un-noticed?' The purse being returned would have been great too but this sure seems to be a profound 'YES' from up above.

was looking for material items in my life as reward for being a good, honest person when if I looked deeper I would have seen that I've got something that scum that stole my purse doesn't have, nor will EVER have.

I do understand why you are angry, you have every right to be. My guess is that this person is angry too and has all but given up on humanity and has resorted to these kinds of acts to get by or to get back at people. But I hope that they will somehow be given the chance to have their own moment with someone in their lives that can touch them in the way that you were touched by Quinn so they can be inspired to turn things around.

Thank you so much for sharing this story. :)

sparks19
09-30-2008, 02:14 PM
wow... reading that post about Quinn is making ME cry. What a beautiful moment.

It is in our darkest hours that God speaks to us. It may not be a big glaring sign saying "HEY... I am answering your prayers" but rather a subtle gesture that leaves you KNOWING that he has touched you. And what better avenue for him to come to you than through a beautiful innocent child... the PROOF that there is a chance for humanity after all. nothing compares to the innocence of a child.

You ARE very blessed because you ARE a WONDERFUL person.

sirrahbed
10-01-2008, 08:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/smiliehug.gif

Daisy and Delilah
10-01-2008, 07:20 PM
I am just sitting here bawling, Leslie. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Remember something else: I think I speak for alot of us in saying that we would never let you go without something you and the family need. I can't stand to see anyone suffer and I know this community is full of people like me. You always have help here too. Whether it be in the form of being here for you or helping with other things. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

My offer still stands. Don't hesitate to ask.

sumbirdy
10-01-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm glad that Quinn helped you to see.

I feel terrible for you, but next time you lose hope and don't want to be nice because the world is not nice to you, just remember, it is only the weak that allow others to mold them, it is the strong who stand up for what is right and who are not afraid to be themselves. Even if that means you do not see immediate results for being nice. Someday you might have to make the decisions in a situation like this. But you might be on the other side. Someone might lose their purse with their precious child's pictures in it, and the only money they had left. Would you want to do to them what was done to you? I doubt it. It is the good people like you that keep the world from going to total hell. Humanity may be disgusting, but you don't have to be

I've often found that one of the greatest 'rewards' was the smile and look of relief on the people's faces that I had done something nice for. And of course, the hug from a child that loves you at the end of the day. I know those pictures are worth a lot to you, but Quinn being there, HER not being stolen, that's worth so much more than those pics ever could be. Believe me, I know. I'm sure you do as well. So, if you teach Quinn to grow up to be a compassionate person, then the world will be made a little better. There's another reward for you. :)

AdoreMyDogs
10-09-2008, 08:38 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for the prayers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I know it was the multitude of prayers that brought my purse back to me, but it's back!!! The Walmart that it was stolen from, called tonight after we got back from grocery shopping (at another Walmart, I was never going to go back to that Walmart again) and I can hardly believe it!

My hubby is still on his way home, but he called me and said everything is in it (that he can tell) except the money, which we figure is a finders fee. I didn't want the money, I mostly wanted my Quinn pics back, and he said they're there!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!! Thank you everyone who prayed!!!! Thank you to the person who probablly felt bad and returned it!!! Thank you to God for this huge lesson!!!!

Whooo Hoooo!!!! OMG I've been crying again!!! I'm so happy :D :D :D

Husky_mom
10-09-2008, 08:54 PM
good thing DO hapen to good people....

glad everything is back.. and I almost jumped knowing you got your pics back... better make copies of them all ;)

shepgirl
10-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Just noticed your post - I'm so happy for you that you got all your stuff back. The money is so unimportant compared to the rest of the stuff. And maybe the person who took the money really needed it but didn't want to hurt you by tossing your stuff and pictures out. Wonderful ending to your story.

4 Dog Mother
10-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh, Leslie, how wonderful! I guess this has to be a major surprise for you and us all. Good things do happen to good people! Congratulations!

Sirrahsim
10-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

sparks19
10-09-2008, 09:23 PM
I am so happy to hear this. thank God your things were returned to you

Medusa
10-09-2008, 09:27 PM
See there? Your good deeds didn't go unnoticed after all. And you still have what's most valuable to you plus you learned a valuable lesson. This made my day. :)

blue
10-09-2008, 09:41 PM
THats pretty sweet you got your stuff back. Good things do happen.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-09-2008, 09:47 PM
YAAAAYYY! Leslie I am sooo incredibly happy to hear this! Good things DO happen!:love::love::)

prechrswife
10-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Good news!:D

Catty1
10-09-2008, 10:24 PM
WOW! I wonder if it was the Quinn pics that moved her to return the purse?

Leslie, that is GREAT!

Moesha
10-09-2008, 11:18 PM
I've been waiting to see this thread. I actually wondered earlier today if you had gotten your purse back yet. Aren't you glad you didn't go stealing signs now? ;) I'm very happy for you. Never doubt yourself again!

ramanth
10-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Leslie, that's wonderful news!!! :D

gini
10-09-2008, 11:42 PM
A wonderful deed has been done for a wonderful person..........money is money - but Quinn's pictures cannot be replaced. And you loved that purse too didn't you?

jennielynn1970
10-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Awe... I'm so glad you got it back!! Figures the money would be gone, but glad the rest of the contents were there.

M&M's Mommy
10-10-2008, 12:22 AM
I've been praying for you, and for the return of your purse ever since I've read your first post on this thread..

God does indeed answer prayers..

Thanks be to God!

beeniesmom
10-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Oh that is so great. :)

Pam
10-10-2008, 06:41 AM
I've been praying for you, and for the return of your purse ever since I've read your first post on this thread..

Thanks be to God!

My thoughts exactly! Leslie I am so happy for you! ;)

sirrahbed
10-10-2008, 07:23 AM
My first thread to open this morning and what HAPPY NEWS!!!:D Thank you Leslie for updating and Thank You God for your hand in all of this!!!

moosmom
10-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Glad you got your stuff back, Leslie. My family photos mean the world to me as they are a part of who I am. I know how you must've felt. Did they happen to say WHERE wallet was found? A dumpster? That's usually where they end up.

Ginger's Mom
10-10-2008, 01:15 PM
I felt tears in my eyes when I read that you got your wallet and pictures of Quinn back. :) I am so happy for you.

lizbud
10-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Wow, that's terrific news.:) This makes my day. I'm so happy for you.

p.s. The purse didn't have any doggie teeth marks, did it? :D

jazzcat
10-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm just seeing that you got it back. Amazing!!! That is such wonderful news.

AdoreMyDogs
10-11-2008, 10:50 AM
See there? Your good deeds didn't go unnoticed after all. And you still have what's most valuable to you plus you learned a valuable lesson. This made my day. :)
Yes indeed. A wonderful lesson has been learned. I will never forget it.

Thanks be to God!
Thank you so much!

WOW! I wonder if it was the Quinn pics that moved her to return the purse?

Leslie, that is GREAT!
My guess is that it was either Quinn's photos or my WIC (Women, Infants & Children, an assistance program for mothers) card that did it. It was obviously the purse of a mother of a young child who depends on her WIC card to help feed her child, and not the purse of a financially well-off individule.

Aren't you glad you didn't go stealing signs now? ;) I'm very happy for you. Never doubt yourself again!
Oh my am I ever glad I didn't steal those Mccain signs now! SOOOOO glad!!!

A wonderful deed has been done for a wonderful person..........money is money - but Quinn's pictures cannot be replaced. And you loved that purse too didn't you?
Thank you so much. Yes, I really did love the purse. Not only is it a pretty purse, but it's special since it was a gift. I'm so glad to have it back and it's completely clean, so I am certain it wasn't found in or near a dumpster.

finn's mom
10-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Oh wow. That is amazing. Look at that. :)