PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Cat/Pet Shows

AmberLee
09-10-2002, 12:30 AM
Hi -

Maybe none of my business, but I noticed some interest in Illinois area cats shows and thought I'd see what I could find for the next two months. (I don't have my favorite cat show links at home, so this is a little rougher than I'd hoped...)

I haven't taken the time to look at an atlas, some of these may be way too far for you:

14 - 15 Sept. Cat Fancy Assoc. (CFA) Cat show: Peoria, IL at the Peoria Civic Center. 10 to 4 each day.

5 - 6 Oct. The International Cat Assoc (TICA) Cat Show: Franklin Park, IL at the 'Centre at North Point' from 9 to 4 each day.

5 - 6 Oct. CFA Cat Show: Milwaukee, WI at the 4 Points Sheraton from 10:30 to 5 each day.

19 - 20 Oct. CFA Cat Show: Springfield, IL at the IL State Fairgrounds from 10 - 4 each day.

2 - 3 Nov. Chicago Pet Expo: Chicago, IL at Chicago Navy Pier -- no time posted?

There were tons of other shows listed, but these are the only ones I recognized as being near Chicago: possibily some of the IA or IN or OH are also within 'striking' distance for you. I think these shows are a blast and hope that you enjoy them too.

I found these on the calendar page of Cat Fancy Magazine (http://www.catfancy.com/cats/) Good Luck!

margaret
09-10-2002, 09:21 AM
Thanks very much for the info, AmberLee! Nice of you to look that all up for us Illinoisans! Oh man, I would LOVE to go to the Chicago Pet Expo on Nov. 2nd & 3rd at Navy Pier!!!!! :D But I work on weekends so I don't know if I'll be able to make it. :( :( :( Hmm... There's got to be a way.... ;)

Edwina's Secretary
09-10-2002, 09:23 AM
That's the one I want to go to as well!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Sounds good to me! Let's mark it on the calendar then. I'll see if I can find out what time it is, and we'll make plans to...say...meet near the front entrance of the show at a particular time.

If Margaret can figure out how to get out of work, that would be at least 3 of us. Anybody else in the area think they might be able to make it? The more the merrier you know. :)

Oh goody! Margaret, couldn't you say something like you're going to a cat show to do research and learn more so you're a more effective pet sitter? ;) :)

margaret
09-10-2002, 10:14 AM
Yeah! I might try and ask for that Saturday (Nov. 2nd) off! Otherwise I'm usually not finished with my work day until after 5:30pm or so. The Expo hours are 9am to 8pm on Saturday, 9am to 6pm on Sunday, according to the show web site.

Edwina's Secretary
09-10-2002, 10:17 AM
It's on my calendar!

And AmberLee....doing good from 1000 miles away. You sure are special!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2002, 10:23 AM
Ok, how 'bout if we meet at 9:30 am on Saturday Nov 2 near the show entrance - inside the show. The next thing we'll have to do is figure out how to identify each other. I really don't have any cat t-shirts or anything like that, and that attire is probably so popular it wouldn't be a good identifier anyway. ;) I really need to get some pictures of Tubby & Peanut with me (I'm normally the one taking the picture so it's hard to get in it) anyway, so maybe I'll work on that, then post the picture. Any other ideas?

margaret
09-10-2002, 10:37 AM
We could just hold up a handmade sign that says,

PET TALK!

:D

Edwina's Secretary
09-10-2002, 10:41 AM
White sport coat and a pink carnation? :D :D :D

(Sorry...that old song just came to mind.)

Edwina's Secretary
09-12-2002, 03:02 PM
I took a look at Navy Pier website. This is being put on by the same folks as the Pet Show my husband and I went to earlier this year at Arlington. It was great! It was also ALL pets -- dogs, cats, birds, piggies, hedgehogs, etc.

Perhaps we should see if any doggie people want to make a go of it as well?

I'll cross post there if I can figure out how to do so.....

Logan
09-12-2002, 03:11 PM
I was thinking you could all wear hats....Edwina style!!!! LOL!! :o

Vermontcat
09-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Logan that's funny!:) I was thinking maybe they could all carry a photo of their cats with them and wear name tags that say "Hello my name is Tubby and Peanut's Mom" or " Edwina's secretary" they would surely be able to recognize each other then!:)

Edwina's Secretary
09-12-2002, 03:51 PM
My husband brought home a cap the other day that has a logo for BIG DOG a truck washing system. Should I wear that?? :D ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
My husband brought home a cap the other day that has a logo for BIG DOG a truck washing system. Should I wear that?? :D ;) :D

Oh I know! :D You know how they have outfits for mothers and daughters that match? Well maybe you could get a matching hat to one of Edwina's then we'll know you for sure! :D

I guess I'll have to dress all in black, and Margaret, hmmmm, how 'bout a tiger kind of outfit to match the tabby stripes? ;) :D