PDA

View Full Version : So we were asked to start another thread

sparks19
09-27-2008, 12:14 AM
PLEASE.... any of use have yet to see a REAL answer.....

How is Obama's plan to raise taxes on the rich and on big corporations going to help the economy?

How is raising taxes on big corporations going to increase job opportunities.....

We were asked to start a thread on this subject so we did..... NOW can we get an answer? a REAL answer?

It's a simple question that should have a simple answer.... taxing the rich and taxing big corp.... how EXACTLY does that help the economy and how does that increase jobs?

simple question......

RICHARD
09-27-2008, 01:11 AM
BO basically want everyone to pay into the monies that people, who do not pay taxes in the first place, will get.

There is no economic balance to BO's plan, It's just shifting money across the country and to the people who don't work for it.

It's another 'community organizer' mind eff.

He promises money he does not have for a neighborhood and when it don't come in he blames the government for not assisting the 'poor' and stirs up the masses.

-------------

People are dumb enough to stand next to their mail boxes on November 5th looking for that tax break they are promised by BO and his cronies!

The check just might be in the mail.....He loves all of you!;)

------------

BO's plan is just juggling the dead presidents across the country and giving the middle class a one time break on their income while forcing the companies that supply goods to raise prices, close shops and go overseas to make and import goods.

It's a total lose lose situation.

P.S. I have a degree in economics from the school of "Hard Knox".

Don't spend more that you make!

lizbud
09-27-2008, 09:04 AM
PLEASE.... any of use have yet to see a REAL answer.....

Huh???

It's not anyone else's job to determine fact from fiction. Both candidates have websites, look it up yourself, if you are
that interested. (which I doubt very much).

Edwina's Secretary
09-27-2008, 10:26 AM
P.S. I have a degree in economics from the school of "Hard Knox".

Don't spend more that you make!

Gosh! Where were you when GW needed an economic adviser? You remember GW? The guy who cuts taxes for the rich and raised government spending to heights never before seen?

The guy who spent more than he made.....

momoffuzzyfaces
09-27-2008, 01:35 PM
besides us "po folk" are all out of money. All we have left to give is blood and many are doing that in the armed services already! :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
09-27-2008, 02:24 PM
The demographics of the US armed forces pretty much show the military as a cross section of the US. The theory that the military is made up of the children of poor families has been debunked repeatedly.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-27-2008, 04:08 PM
The demographics of the US armed forces pretty much show the military as a cross section of the US. The theory that the military is made up of the children of poor families has been debunked repeatedly.

I never said that only the poor families were making up the military. Just that blood is all we have left to give and some families were already giving that. ;)

dukedogsmom
09-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Nader is getting my vote. Some of you might consider it a throw away vote, but I don't.

lizbud
09-27-2008, 05:00 PM

Who the heck mentioned the military???

Bonny
09-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Actually we all get to help Obama in his tax plan. We will get to pay higher prices for everything we buy. It is called trickle down to the real tax payers pocket book. The rich get richer & the poor get poorer type of thing.

jennielynn1970
09-27-2008, 05:22 PM
I think we'll end up paying more taxes and higher prices on everything no matter who gets elected.

It's a lose lose situation with either of them.

Lady's Human
09-27-2008, 05:29 PM
besides us "po folk" are all out of money. All we have left to give is blood and many are doing that in the armed services already!

Reading comprehension, anyone?

Grace
09-27-2008, 06:23 PM
We will get to pay higher prices for everything we buy. . . . . . . . . . . The rich get richer & the poor get poorer type of thing.

Just like the past 8 years.

Edwina's Secretary
09-27-2008, 07:40 PM

Pot calling the kettle black, anyone?

MOFF said that
besides us "po folk" are all out of money. All we have left to give is blood and many are doing that in the armed services already!

Not, as you interpreted it...only poor people are in the military.

BTW...would love to see the citation on the cross section of the economic population in the military...could you provide that?

cassiesmom
09-28-2008, 05:04 PM
My dad got this in an e-mail, and he sent it to me. It's meant humorously, of course.

I’m against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.
Instead, I’m in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a "We Deserve It Dividend".
To make the math simple, let’s assume there are 200,000,000 bona fide U.S. Citizens 18+.
Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..
So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon -- that equals $425,000.00.
My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a "We Deserve It Dividend".
Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let’s assume a tax rate of 30%.
Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.
But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.
A husband and wife has $595,000.00.
What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college – it’ll be there
Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car – create jobs
Invest in the market – capital drives growth
Pay for your parent’s medical insurance – health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean – or else
Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.
If we’re going to re-distribute wealth let’s really do it...instead of trickling out
a puny $1000.00 ( “vote buy” ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.
If we’re going to do an $85 billion bailout, let’s bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!
As for AIG – liquidate it.
Sell off its parts.
Let American General go back to being American General.
Sell off the real estate.
Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.
Here’s my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn’t.
Sure it’s a crazy idea that can “never work.”
But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!
How do you spell Economic Boom?
I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion "We Deserve It Dividend" more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC.
And remember, The "We Deserve It Dividend" only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.
Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

-----
I heard on the news this morning that the government must act because the alternative -- the government not entering into a bail-out plan -- would leave the economy in worse shape than what it will be after the plan is implemented.

lizbud
09-28-2008, 05:08 PM

Nobody likes a smart a**.

You know darn well, the point made by momo in her post. Why seize on
one word in her answer to change the subject of the whole thread, if not
to dispense more of your "endless wisdom" on military matters.:rolleyes:

Geeze.