PDA

View Full Version : Outside declawed kitty Splinter breaking my heart... *pics*

kt_luvs_kitties
09-27-2008, 12:12 AM
This is Splinter. He is a neighborhood kitty, whose "owner" does not seem to care about him. He is declawed, and gets beat up all the time. He is left out 24/7, 7 days a week. Even in Hurricanes.

I do not know what to do. His owner left for 2 weeks, and he was stuck outside to fend for himself. If I was not feeding him and giving him fresh water, poor fella would have been in pure starvation by time the owner got back from him vacation. What makes it worse is that he KNOWS I love this cat, and would have had NO PROBLEM whasoever watching him. We also have a pet sitter a few houses down, and he knows that.

He is really sweet, and loves on my dogs. He is missing one ear, and one is ripped down the middle. He cant fight back against other kitties, because he is clawless/defenseless.

The last 2 nights, me and hubby agreed to cage him in my spare "no kitty" room at night. I just let him out in the morning. It makes me physically sick to think of what could happen to this poor fella being outdoors, with no real loving home, and no way to defend himself...:(

There really is no point in this thread, other than me to get this horrible situation off my chest. Here are his pictures....
ps_ those boxes and newpaper look sloppy, but that is a spare storage room. Sorry:o
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec56025ce21c000000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec5602cf8616a00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec5614acf412200000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec5602103a03f00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec561da66c0f300000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec560eee3611000000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec560de0b61e000000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec56051cda0c900000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
Few more coming.

kt_luvs_kitties
09-27-2008, 12:13 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec560da72e0ab00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec56182d6c06f00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec561e5eb80f900000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec561a42441be00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec560f665619a00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec561558980c300000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec56048f3e06300000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d707b3127ccec561f6fcc07f00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

kitten645
09-27-2008, 07:21 AM
OMG. :( He just breaks my heart. I'm in CA but I'd take him in a minute. He needs an indoor home and NOW :mad: How can some people be so heartless? No soul whatsever to let an angel like this suffer? A**holes that will suffer what they inflict on this poor baby. Can you get him to a shelter? :love:Thanks for showing him that he matters.

sugarpaws
09-27-2008, 07:28 AM
What a sweetheart. How does he get along with your kitties? I wonder if he would do well in a house with several other kitties...Our RB Annie was declawed and kept outside, when we adopted her. He reminds me of her. His face looks a bit like your Puffy Puff. Thank you so much for helping him.
Marina

catmandu
09-27-2008, 09:39 AM
I WOULD POOF HIM, FIND A NICE HOME FOR SPLINTER AND THE CREEP :mad:LL HAVE TO THINK THAT SPLINTER HAS MET WITH AN ACCIDENT.
I HAVE DONE THAT WITH BADLY TREATED CATS:love:BUT YOU HAVE TO BE CAUTIOUS AS YOU DONT WANT THAT JERK :mad:CALLING IN THE POLICE.
WE ARE PRAYING FOR SPLINTER:love::):D HES TRULY A WONDERFUL CAT AND NEEDS A FURREVER HOME.:cool::cool:

moosmom
09-27-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm with Gary and make him go poof. He looks like such a sweetheart. I'd call the authorities and and make them aware of the situation. That's animal neglect, pure and simple. You know I'd take him if you could find a way to get him here.

lizbud
09-27-2008, 10:18 AM
OMG. :( He just breaks my heart. I'm in CA but I'd take him in a minute. He needs an indoor home and NOW :mad: How can some people be so heartless? No soul whatsever to let an angel like this suffer? A**holes that will suffer what they inflict on this poor baby. Can you get him to a shelter? :love:Thanks for showing him that he matters.

I would definately take him in myself, or take him to a no-kill shelter.
To leave a declawed cat outside & neglected is the most stupid idea I've
ever heard of. What a horrible, cruel thing to do. :mad:

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-27-2008, 11:50 AM
The situation of this precious cat is making me feel so sick...:(
Please rescue Splinter asap... . I am sure he will find a new forever home in no time. I would take him in if I lived closer...:(

jazzcat
09-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Oh!!!! That poor little guy. The story and the pictures just break my heart. How cruel to leave him out with no way to defend himself. He looks like a sweetheart too, no attitude.

Thank you for helping him. I hope you can come up with a better situation for him.

Katie - I'm just wondering, where is your cat magnet hidden? You obviously have one with all the rescues you've had to make in your own back yard.

kt_luvs_kitties
09-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Well, I have been trying to find him a home, but noone in my area wants an adult cat. If he was a kitten he would already have a home I am positive.

The only no kill shelter here, is an outdoor enclosure type. And it connects with a barn.. If that is not bad enough, I dont know what is. The AC would put him down.

He was adopted from the shelter by his former "owner". He
then went and got him declawed, and threw him outside. Smart huh?

I would LOVE to keep him, but with 15 cats, and 2 dogs, it is not an option at this point. I will keep bringing him inside at dark.

He is good with my kitties, and GREAT with my pups. He just wants attention. Everytime I open my front door, he darts in and under my couch so I wont put him back outside. *cringe*

I am just scared to confront his owner.. The guy is in the army, and does NOT seem friendly at all. I would be scared of retaliation OR him hurting the cat because it caused him trouble. The cat is already VERY hand shy with guys... Makes you go Hummmmm.

Thank you all for making me feel like I am not wrong for wanting to "liberate" this kitty.

And Lori, tell me about it. Every single poor/homeless/feral cat within 20 miles ends up at my door. I must be really popular with the outdoor kitties:rolleyes:
I cant turn my back, God punished me with this kinda heart.. :love:

phesina
09-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Do you have some kind of humane society in your area? Even Animal Control for your city? The so-called "owner" is guilty of animal abuse by any standard and should be arrested (and with luck jailed).

I can see with your 15 cats and 2 dogs you can't keep him permanently, but can you maybe foster him in your spare "no kitty" (except in case of dire emergency such as this, please?) room until we come up with a good place? Or do you have any sympathetic relatives or friends nearby who might be willing to give this fellow an indoor home or even foster him until we can arrange to get him to a permanent home?

PLEASE get him somewhere where he will NOT be left out to go back to that monstrous supposed-owner. If the guy comes looking for him and asking if you've seen Splinter, just tell him no you haven't, and he likely has been captured by a predator for dinner.. after all, without claws he could not either fight back or escape.

Can transport be organized to save Splinter? I will contribute. Several people here have already said they will take him if he can get to them. I volunteer my place too if it should turn out to be the best.

This story breaks my heart too, just to read it. PLEASE, Pet Talkers, let's do something to rescue Splinter.

Pat

sugarpaws
09-27-2008, 01:51 PM
He really melts my heart. We would also love to take him in but we are in OH. I am so very worried about him not being able to defend himself. You are absolutely wonderful for helping him- look at the love on his face in the one photo you are petting him. Do you think he needs to go to the vet for anything? We would help. How can people be so cruel, I will never never understand it.:(:confused:
Marina

LionHart
09-27-2008, 03:20 PM
STUPID STUPID STUPID people! :mad:I can't stand them! Wouldn't you just love to cut off their fingers, put them out and let them fend for themselves?!?!?!:mad:

Sorry, can't help it. It's upsetting. Hoping that something can be worked out.

jennielynn1970
09-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I'll help in whatever way I can too, Katie. Whether that means some $$, or trying to help in a transport, or if he needs a place to stay... poor guy can't be outside like that! Gosh, he's just adorable, and looks like he just wants to be loved. What a jerk his owner is. GRRRR.

Catty1
09-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Katie, I will help out with transport too! PM the people here who offered to take him.

I mean - if this guy is away and kitty "disappears', no one knows what happened! ;):D

He looks like such a mushy love bug, tattered ear and all!:love:

lizbud
09-27-2008, 04:45 PM
If you know the shelter where he was adopted from, I'd sure let them
know Splinter's living conditions & the fact that the cat has been declawed.
I can't imagine any shelter would turn him away, especially if he were adopted there.

cassiesmom
09-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Awwww, Splinter. If anyone can help you find a new home, it's KT. I too will help with travel funds.

moosmom
09-27-2008, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't deal with the loser owner. What I WOULD do is call the army base and report him. It's abuse, neglect, and abandonment. I'd say animal cruelty is a pretty hefty charge.

I rescued a declawed kitty from the naval sub base in Groton a while ago. The poor girl was declawed on all fours and effing family upped and moved away. She was a very lucky girl, though. She has a great home with a woman and her elderly mother in Wethersfield, CT.

kt_luvs_kitties
09-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Thank you all for the advice and support. It really helps to hear you are doing the right thing sometimes.

Animal Control could not care less. I know that sounds bad, BUT they dont. The only offer I would get is for them to take the cat and make the guy pay a fine. That would not help, and to be honest, I get NERVOUS if he actually does let this kitty in, even for a minute...

And I do not think that the guy would come looking for the cat, if he went *POOF*. He may ask about him, but I could always just deny deny deny. Been there done that!:eek:

We bought this house in late December, and when we moved here, the guy was married, and the kitty stayed inside about 75% of the time. Once the woman moved out, the cat went out with her. (3-4 months maybe).

I could cover his vet bills.. I am sure he needs shots. He is fixed already ( I checked :o ) I have put an advantage on him, and dewormed him myself. He was covered in fleas, so I have done it monthly for about 3 months.

If someone on here truly wants to adopt him, and keep him indoors only and love him, please let me know. I am sure we could get some kind of transport set up. I can cover the vet cost to get him utd and an exam.

Thank you all again for these offers and help. I am sure if Splinter knew that lots of people all over the WORLD are praying and rootin for him, he would have an extra pep in his step:p

For now he is resting in his cage in my spare room. I have a 4 bedroom house, and EVERYROOM is taken by cats... Go figure:rolleyes:;)

Just glad hubby does feel kinda bad for him. He seems to have struck a cord on Rickies heart... BUT not enough of one to keep him... He says I am allowed 10 cats, and I am 5 over already:rolleyes:

CultureJunky
09-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Poor Boy, he looks so sweet and desperate for love and affection. What a w***er putting the cat out when he can't possibly defend himself, also an A-hole for getting him declawed in the first place, idiot. I really hope you can find a solution, and as long as the cat knows that he has you to come to, he'll be okay I think. Well Done Katie.

Catty1
09-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Well...there's Moosmom, sugarpaws and Jen. You're in PA?

How far to OH and IN from there? Jen, you are in PA already, right?

Any other offers?

orangemm
09-28-2008, 10:49 AM
This guy breaks my heart:love::love:...I can't take him, but am willing to donate towards his transport to a PT home.

Let me know...............:(

ranita
09-28-2008, 11:12 AM
aww poor thing. he looks so sweet.
to declaw is one thing, and to send them outside is even worse.
people are stupid...anyway, i don't even think the owner would care if he went "missing".

:(

jennielynn1970
09-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Katie is in North Carolina.

I'm in PA.

Honestly, if I could figure out a weekend where I don't work at my 2nd job, I'd drive there myself. He's just too darn sweet looking.

Maybe I could figure out something and put my name in for off sometime in late October or in November?? This is my first Sunday off since Aug. 1st. and haven't had a Saturday off since I started. :rolleyes: :(

How long are you willing to wait Katie?? Pathetic kitties just rip my heart out (and Zach MAY be getting a home if we can figure out logistics and timing with him as well... fingers crossed on him!!).

sugarpaws
09-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Katie, I emailed through this site some background on our family- I would have PM but the option is not available on my user name- don't know why. We have not changed our mind. All that we care is that he gets a loving caring home. He so much deserves and needs it.
Marina

Emeraldgreen
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
What a sweet looking fellow Splinter is! His person sounds like a real jerk. If you are going to scoop him, reporting him might just make things worse for you and Splinter. I would imagine that he has no intention of getting another cat, he acts as if this one is a burden and it's as if he wants it to run away.

I too will happily contribute towards a transport to get this guy to a wonderful indoor home. I will follow this thread to see if a collection gets started (paypal account etc..)
Whoever takes him, please post lots of pics please!! :D
Thank you for caring about him!!

Originally Posted by jenn_librarian
Katie is in North Carolina.

I'm in PA.

Honestly, if I could figure out a weekend where I don't work at my 2nd job, I'd drive there myself. He's just too darn sweet looking.

Maybe I could figure out something and put my name in for off sometime in late October or in November?? This is my first Sunday off since Aug. 1st. and haven't had a Saturday off since I started.

How long are you willing to wait Katie?? Pathetic kitties just rip my heart out (and Zach MAY be getting a home if we can figure out logistics and timing with him as well... fingers crossed on him!!).

Jenn, I just noticed your updated Siggy. Indigo Girls are my absolute favourite. I've been listening to them since the mid '90s and LOVE them! Closer to Fine is such a good song. My favourite song is Love's Recovery.

moosmom
09-28-2008, 05:16 PM
My bathroom is free for temporary shelter til he gets used to my crew. I also have websites I can put him on so he could very well get a home soon. There offer is also there, KT. You done great, girl.

phesina
09-28-2008, 05:31 PM

Jenn, what would it take for you to get a weekend off at your second job? (I don't remember what it is.) Do you need to get someone else to fill in for you? How hard is it to line someone up, especially when it's for such an emergency rescue mission? Do you need the money really badly? Well, as I said, I'll contribute to getting Splinter to safety, and if helping to make up your earnings for that time off is part of it, that's fine with me.

Pat

jennielynn1970
09-28-2008, 05:45 PM
The last time I asked for a weekend day off was for my family reunion, and it was nixed. I'm a cashier at a foodmarket for my 2nd job, and I'm still on "probation" (started end of July), so if I can't get someone to fill in for me, and end up not going, it counts against me.

This is why I said, if I can plan it ahead (most of the October weekends are already booked up on the calendar... they allow 5 people to request off per day on... I had gone back to see when I could get a doctor's appt).

I go in next tomorrow evening. I will check again to see if all the weekends are booked. November calendar isn't up yet, so I have to wait for that. I'm thinking they may put it up once it's Oct. 1st.

It's not a matter of "replacing" funds, it's the fact that if I can't schedule, or switch, and I don't show, it counts against me and I could lose the job, so that's why I asked if Katie can hold off or not. If not, at least I can try to help with a transport if I have that ability and he comes through this neck of the woods.

cristy
09-28-2008, 06:08 PM
What a love bug! We are also willing to take him if necessary. Espen (he's 7)saw the pictures and he said "AWWWWW, I would let him sleep with me and love him all the time!" Again though, we are pretty far away, but more than willing to open our home!

We actually rehomed our neighbor's cat just this past summer. They weren't abusing her, but they could have cared less. After her second litter of kittens, I took her to the vet and got her fixed and found her a new home. They asked about her for a couple of months, but I told them I just hadn't seen her and eventually they forgot about her....sad, huh? Now, she has a wonderful home with people who dote on her and she LOVES all of the attention! Anyway, my point is that I usually if the owners don't care enough to take care of the cat, they don't care enough to mind much if it disappears either.

kt_luvs_kitties
09-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I have not read all of the posts since my last posting. Marina, I did get your email.

Marina and her family are considering adopting Splinter as their indoor only kitty. I still have not got a chance to email back, but I will in a little bit when I get home. Splinter is still in my spare room right now (I am on my parents computer).

Just wanted to let everyone know I will answer all questions and such as soon as I get home. I am not avoiding anything! LOL I know everyone is wanting my thoughts and answers and such.

I will be back!

kt_luvs_kitties
09-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Ok. Marina I sent you an email.

I think that Marina is seriously wanting to adopt Splinter, she is in Ohio I believe. I really want to get him into a forever home.

It is not a HUGE rush to get him out, I can foster him as long as needed before a permanent home is ready, and transport set up/.

I have never had to set up transport before, so I am clueless how to do that. Well, one time I found someone going to Florida and had him drive a foster there and Rosethecopycat Picked kitty up, but that does not count. I will need help figuring out what and how to do this. Only problem, my transmission is going out on my car, so I probably would not be able to drive a very long distance...

I dont know if the "owner" will care, or even notice. Nothing has been said to me, and I have had him 2 full days. I imagine I will be asked and questioned, but that is it.

I really dont know the guy, to be honest. I know tidbits, and what is told to me by a friend of his, that lives in the neighborhood.

All I know if he needs a forever home, and I am willing to do whatever I can do to help get him that home.

I hope this clears up where this stands right now. I will update after me and Marina talk again;) Thank you for all of the offers and prayers and everything. I just love my PT family.:love:

orangemm
09-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Well, we love you too, Katie...you are one of the most compassionate people I have known. PT is full of them, each one standing up for these poor defenseless innocent animals, doing the right thing and saving a precious life.

Splinter looks like such a lovebug! For someone to treat him so shabbily is a crime.

Let us know how we can help. My offer still stands!

jennielynn1970
09-29-2008, 05:56 AM
Sounds good Katie. Whatever works out best for Splinter.

If we can get some transporting arranged, like I said, I will help as long as I'm not at work. If you need an overnight or more than one for him somewhere along the way, I will more than gladly do that as well.

Hugs to you all!

emily_the_spoiled
09-29-2008, 07:41 AM
I have never arranged a transport before, but I have participated in them over the years. The first thing to do is find a route between your place and Marina's. That will give you an idea of how long the drive is. Then break it up into driving segments from 1-2 hours. After that it is a matter of selecting a weekend and asking for volunteers. It will likely take a month or so to get everything coordinated, but it can be done!

Good luck and I can contribute $ if need be.

GILL
09-29-2008, 08:06 AM
I just found this post, We would be glade to do any thing too help this baby.
This includes transport (I've been known to drive 4 hours just for dinner), housing, PM, or money. To put a declaw out side, well let me put it this way, our Lenny is a declaw that was found outside and if I every find who put him out, it's not going to be pretty.

kt_luvs_kitties
09-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Thank you everyone for your support and kind words!

I will call Marina tonight and find out exactly where she lives. She could also meet the last driver to pick him up. I can drive a few hours as well. With a bad transmission, I would not want to go TOO far.. I cant afford to have the car worked on yet.

I guess the next steps (thank you emily the spoiled) is to vet him and find out directions!

If we cant get him straight to her, I guess we would need a "safe" house until transport could be worked out. I am not in a HUGE rush... I can wait until we find enough drivers.

Anyways, I will talk to her today and update later. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!:love:

LionHart
09-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Splinter sure has a lot of folks pulling for him. I'm sure it will all work out.

Randi
09-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I so hope that a transport will be arranged for Splinter, so he can get to a new indoor home, he looks like he's had a rough time. :( He also looks like a real love bug. :)

My suggestion is... put a map on here covering from NC to Ohio?, then each PTalker can see what part of the route they may be able to cover.

Best of luck! :)

nancys
09-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Have you asked the owner if you could have him? Poor baby - he looks sad. What about that little black goatee? Have you ever thought about just keeping him?

Taz_Zoee
09-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Have you asked the owner if you could have him? Poor baby - he looks sad. What about that little black goatee? Have you ever thought about just keeping him?

This owner does not need to be "asked" anything. He put a declawed cat outside!!! :mad:
Katie would keep him herself if she didn't already have 15 cats and 2 dogs. :)

I am bummed that I am on the wrong side of the country. All I can do is offer my mental support at this time.

kimlovescats
09-30-2008, 04:44 PM
What a horrible story for this poor helpless kitty!:(:mad:

Thank you, Katie, for taking Splinter in and finding him a new safe and LOVING home!

If everyone else's plans fall through, he could come to TN.;)

momtomany
09-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Wherever this beautiful baby goes, I will be glad to donate money towards transport.!!

kt_luvs_kitties
09-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Ok. Me and Marina and her husband Joe talked tonight for quite awhile. I truly think they want to bring him into their home, and love him forever.

Now we can go onto finding a transport, so tomorrow she is going to pm me her hometown, and I can find a map with a route on it...

SO I will update, as soon as I get this put together.

Cindy, mental support is just as important! ;)

So please everyone keep your fingers crossed and good vibes for Splinter! We really apprieciate it! :love:

And thanks Cindy. Yes we just cant adopt anymore to stay with us. I am overloaded already, and financially cannot take on another right now, forever.

I wont ask for this kitty, because if he says no, well, I would *POOF* him anyways, and that would be a dead give away. I dont want trouble, I just want a solution for this situation. The best one possible IMO.;)

RICHARD
09-30-2008, 10:47 PM
GOD, I love that cat!!!!;):(:cool:

I wanted to check with everyone before I do this.

I'd Like to make *POOF* an entry in the Furrminology Thread and want to bive the right person credit for coining the term?

Also, Does anyone know who coined the term "Mewtiny"?

I liked that one too!

kt_luvs_kitties
09-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks Richard! He is kinda cool looking, Huh?

I dont know who made that term up, but I *LOVE* it! Perfect IMO.

What does mewtiny mean? I like it too!;) Do you say it "mewtini":confused:

Catty1
09-30-2008, 11:01 PM
"Mewtiny" as in "Mewtiny on the Bounty" meaning when your kitty shreds all the Bounty paper towels within reach!:D

kt_luvs_kitties
09-30-2008, 11:18 PM
This is the basic map from me to Ohio. I will find out her exact location tomorrow.

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/10-A5paA9wC924XXA6W

moosmom
10-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Katie,

If you need a home for this precious kitty, I've got one here in East Hartford if you can find a way to get him here. The guy who adopted Buddy wants to declaw him and I won't allow it. It would be a perfect home for Splinter. We'd just need to get a transport going or find a way to get him to me.

Let me know.

momcat
10-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Splinter's story is beyond heart breaking. No kitty deserves to endure what this poor guy has been through. Katie, you've gone above and beyond in your efforts to give Splinter the life he deserves. In the pictures he looks so happy and content. With you, he knows he's loved and safe. Because of all you've done for him, Splinter knows he can start to trust people again. The look on his sweet face seems to be saying, "I'm okay now, things are good."

If any kitty deserves a PT life, it's Splinter. While I can't help right now, prayers of thanks are being prayed for our wonderful PT family, PTers never fail to open their hearts to a kitty in need. Prayers are also being prayed for Splinter to live the rest of his life knowing nothing but love, care and the security that comes with the right furever home.

Katie, could I ask you to give Splinter tons and tons of scritchies and lovies from me? Groucho is sending you lots of purrs and kitty kisses for caring enough to help his fellow kitty in need.

Bless you!!!!!

pomtzu
10-05-2008, 05:47 PM
If he doesn't go to the Ohio home, and you would like to get him to Donna in CT, I'd be glad to get him thru DE. I could p/u anywhere in DE, or north of D.C. (Annapolis, Baltimore area) and get him to the DE Memorial Bridge (just south the NJ Turnpike). :)

jennielynn1970
10-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Any word about what is happening Katie??

rg_girlca
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Prayers on the way that you are able to get precious Splinter away from his heartless, irresponsible owner.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi guys. He is still planning to go to Marina in Ohio. BUT we are giving it a few weeks before going forward with plans. I would like a little more time with him, and I want to be make sure he is healthy and happy before leaving my house.

Thank you all for your prayers, comments and help. I will update this thread with new pictures soon! He is still with me for now;)

phesina
10-06-2008, 06:02 PM
God bless you for saving that wonderful sweet boy!

cristy
10-06-2008, 07:18 PM
could he possibly be turning into #16? :)

LionHart
10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
could he possibly be turning into #16? :)

Bet he will!;)

Emeraldgreen
11-09-2008, 12:05 AM
How is Splinter doing? :)

kt_luvs_kitties
11-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Sorry no update sooner. Splinter is doing GREAT! But I have noticed that he does not seem to like boy cats all that much, and will give them a *SWIPE* if they bother him too much! I have not talked to Marina lately, I have been SO busy.

I will update more with pictures soon! But he is doing great, and is as sweet as ever!

Medusa
11-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Honestly, I don't know how I missed this thread!!! This story is heartbreaking! Here I am, sitting in OH, and just now reading this. I can definitely help w/transport, money, etc. Just please let me know how I can help.

Richard, I think it was I who coined the term "mewtiny". Feel free to include it in the Furminology dictionary. There were a couple of other ones, too, that I think you liked, "wheenie whack" being one but I can't recall the other right now.

Please let me know how I can help w/Splinter. After losing Buddy, I really need to contribute in some way. :love: