PDA

View Full Version : I cut my hair (pics)

wolf_Q
09-26-2008, 10:03 PM
For some strange reason I felt like getting most of my hair chopped off the other day...it was kind of random I just felt like trying something new. I've never had my hair this short, so its really weird to me. I know it's not that short, but for me it is, I've always had long hair. None of my co-workers liked it, they thought I was nuts for cutting my hair. :o Anyway just curious to see what you guys thought of it, I don't really care either way, it grows back really fast.

Here's the before pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/Skya/skya20.jpg
And the after pic....the before pic had Skya so I figured the after pic may as well too. :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/haircut1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/haircut2.jpg

Bengalz
09-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I love it! You are just stunning :D Skya's pretty cute too;)

Karen
09-26-2008, 10:13 PM
It looks good, and will be much more versatile for styling options than before! In college I went from having really long hair to having chin-length hair. It took days before I got used to my hair moving when I turned my head, and to how much less shampoo I needed to use!

shais_mom
09-26-2008, 10:42 PM
it looks fabulous!!
much healthier and fuller. :D:cool:

mr.chiwawa
09-26-2008, 10:54 PM
As a hair stylist....I FREAKIN LOVE IT....It makes you look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much older:):):):):):):):)

Ps pup is cute too

gini
09-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I love it - especially the way it kind of folds on your shoulders. Your longer hair is heavier so it pulls your face down visually. This new cut is so stylish. Aside from all of that you really are a gorgeous woman!

I think your co-workers might be jealous of you!

Cinder & Smoke
09-27-2008, 12:01 AM
< gasp > She c-c-c-cut her beautiful hair? :(

But ... W:DW!

Does that new style look GOOD on ya!! :love:

And it DOES make you look 'more mature'!
(That sounds better than 'older'!) ;)

{{{Hugs}}} :love:

Sevaede
09-27-2008, 02:20 AM
Very nice! :D It suits you well! :D

chocolatepuppy
09-27-2008, 05:42 AM
It looks good Amy! I like it either way, but at least you have something different for now.;) I'm too chicken to cut my hair.:o

Pam
09-27-2008, 07:19 AM
I love it! You are a beautiful girl so you look terrific both ways, but I think it does give you a softer look. I bet it is easier to care for too and that is always nice when you are rushing in the morning! Thank you for including Skya in the picture. We got to see two pretty faces instead of one. :)

4 Dog Mother
09-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I love it Amy! I have to agree with what everyone else has said - it is a softer look making you look more mature. Gini's comments are right on too.
But when you said you cut your hair I thought you meant you CUT your hair to a very, very short style. You really are cute beautiful either way but I do like it shorter - and I really can't see why your coworkers would think otherwise!

boomersooner
09-27-2008, 08:01 AM
I like it!! It looks very attractive on you...Skyla is adorable....I could just eat her up!!!

wolf_Q
09-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Thank you everyone for your nice comments. Just out of curiousity since you all are saying I look more mature...just how old do I look in the before and after? lol (No peeking at my birthday ;) ).

Cinder & Smoke
09-27-2008, 09:16 AM
... just how old do I look in the before and after? ;)

:eek: NOPE!
I don't think we're gonna touch that one!
NO good nor joy will come from answering a loaded question like that! :p

**CUTE** Faces, though - Both of 'em! :love:

:D

Freedom
09-27-2008, 09:31 AM
I really like it, the way it falls softly and frames your face now. Great job!

I was in my 30's before I cut my hair 9other than trims). Went from long enough to sit on, to shoulder length. I remember in the shower trying to squeeze the water out down the length and . . . it wasn't THERE!:eek: Took some getting used to, believe me!

Hi Skya! (waving)

MoonandBean
09-27-2008, 09:48 AM
OK...I'll play! First of all, I do like it shorter better but I think you look younger! I'd guess 32 in the first pic and 28 in the second. (I'll go look after I post this). Skya is so freakin adorable!!!!!!!! It's the first time I'm seeing her. She is soooooo cute! I think you know how much I LOVE white huskies but incase you didn't, here's my RB Stryker:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm307/dmend10/ca3bf1b4.jpg

MoonandBean
09-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Guess I could never be an age guesser in a carnival :)

lizbud
09-27-2008, 10:04 AM
it looks fabulous!!
much healthier and fuller. :D:cool:

I agree. It looks better this way. Very cool.:cool:

Randi
09-27-2008, 10:19 AM
A great job you did there, and it suits you better. :)

Daisy and Delilah
09-27-2008, 10:57 AM
I think you look great either way, Amy. But.......I love the haircut!!!!! You look adorable. What great pictures of you and the adorable Skya!!:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-27-2008, 03:38 PM
I :love: it!! This haircut looks fabulous on you!! I wish I had such beautiful hair...

jennielynn1970
09-27-2008, 04:08 PM
First of all, I do like it shorter better but I think you look younger!

I think the shorter hair makes you look younger as well. I like both cuts on you too.

Aspen and Misty
09-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I like the haircut a lot, I think your hair looks healthier and you look older! I'm opposite of moonandBean, I think your longer hair makes you look 24 - 25 but your shorter hair makes you look 32 -33 (maybe I'm crazy though :) ).

Ashley

Twisterdog
09-27-2008, 10:45 PM
I think it looks very nice. I can't believe your co-workers didn't like it!

K9karen
09-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Amy, I think you're adorable any way you wear your hair, but I think your cut frames your face better, and is more stylish and neater. I usually keep my hair that length (maybe a tinge shorter) and it's so much easier to maintain and always looks full. You can wear it up or in a ponytail too. You look BEAUTIFUL! Gawd, if all your co-workers don't like it, I agree, they ARE jealous or don't have the guts to cut their hair! We're the majority and the majority wins. So there! :love:

bckrazy
09-28-2008, 03:19 AM
OOooo la la! I love the cut, Amy!

I actually prefer shorter hair on most people... it's much easier to switch up the way you style it. I actually think you look a smidge younger now! You do look really good with long hair, but you could pull off either. Even a pixie cut. :p

Skya is getting so big! Stop that growing, ya silly puppy.

Ginger's Mom
09-28-2008, 07:40 AM
I love the way it frames your face! I don't think it makes you look older at all. But it does bring more emphasis to your face; since you are so cute you don't have to fear doing that. :) I can't believe no one at your work liked it. :confused:

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-28-2008, 08:48 AM
I liked it but I really like the new cut. Very nice. I love the way it frames your face too.

Kfamr
09-28-2008, 09:35 AM
I have to say I like it longer better, but the new cut looks great, too. I just personally like long hair. :)

anna_66
09-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Well, those you work with must be insane :rolleyes:

Both Mark and I really like your haircut. I don't think it makes you look older, just more mature. It looks really healthy too.

Give that cutie pie girl a kiss from me too!

CountryWolf07
09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Are you serious? I really like your new hairstyle! It really suits you. It makes you look older. It frames your face very well! :)

ramanth
09-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I think it looks great! I'm digging my short hair. Just had it trimmed again. :D

Vermontcat
09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
I think you look great both before and after.:)
It's also nice to see how much Skya has grown so quickly!