PDA

View Full Version : Sink Kitties

AdoreMyDogs
09-09-2002, 08:34 PM
I love sink kitty pics. I would like to see all the sink kitties out there :) Here's mine:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/pef00efcb4c93d1fd925b52d67e9d5add/fd4a24bb.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/p6483b4ef4b4801a914092e8a64927baf/fd4a24d5.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/pf8c50171da7e5dc02cf0f2339c1e6359/fd4a24c9.jpg

Freckles
09-09-2002, 08:38 PM
and I bet you were surprized to see Minion is one.

AdoreMyDogs
09-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
and I bet you were surprized to see Minion is one.

I was fixing the toilet seat, so I was not paying attention to what Minion was doing, and when I was done, I set the screwdriver down, looked behind me, and saw a sink full of Minion! He looked as surprised as I was :) I am glad he stayed there while I grabbed my camera :) He's just such a delight. I am more and more glad by the day that I have him, and that there have been no adds in the paper for "lost cat". Thanks for the nice comment :)

toughCookie
09-09-2002, 09:34 PM
I have a pic of Muffin in the sink, but I will have to look for it...she is a big time sink kitty!:D

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2002, 12:05 AM
Minion looks adorable in the sink. Pepper used to be a sink kitty when he was a kitten but I don't have any pics of him. I've never seen Storm or Sunny in the sink. :(

Uabassoon
09-10-2002, 12:15 AM
I haven't seen my kitties in the sink either. But Corkscrew really likes the bathtub.

Former User
09-10-2002, 09:14 AM
I have few, have to sort them out first where they are.... :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2002, 09:36 AM
Here's Peanut in the sink. Ever since I put a glass on the floor in the bedroom for them to drink out of, she doesn't jump up to the sink much anymore. But this was taken when she was up there everyday, every time we were in the bathroom. Like she was obsessed or something. :rolleyes: :D http://home.earthlink.net/~exracer1/_uimages/Peanutinsink.jpg

Tubby never was one for the sink. He used to sit on the edge of it now and then while I was getting ready, but hasn't done that for a long time either.

Randi
09-10-2002, 09:47 AM
This is the closest Fister got to get into the sink and his very first time there :D He 's not really that interested now.

AdoreMyDogs! I love your sink!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/p9e263abaaa28290c67c91300189f6ec1/fd499de3.jpg

Former User
09-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Ok, here goes, 2 pics.

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pt/295 copy.jpg

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pt/238 copy.jpg

sasvermont
09-10-2002, 10:22 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/pd0ab988f81adb5ce82c96ccfb832d576/fd7788e4.jpg

This is Gabe.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2002, 10:26 AM
That's funny, Sas. :) My mom's ragdoll (Cranker) will only drink out of the sink or the bathtub. Normally in the morning she will run the water in the sink for him, but sometimes he's not done and she's got other things to do, then she'll forget that the water is running, so sometimes it runs all day. :rolleyes:

09-10-2002, 10:27 AM
That must be a huge "water-bill" ..!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by lut
That must be a huge "water-bill" ..!!!

Oh, I thought of adding this but I had already hit submit, but they live in the country and get their water from a well so they don't get a water bill. Otherwise I know the water would not run all day like that. My parents are much too.....frugal...for that. ;) :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2002, 11:15 AM
Great pics everyone. :D

Edwina's Secretary
09-10-2002, 12:27 PM
Well....I told Edwina about this thread and she said...."Oh no!!! That's impossible! Those cats voluntarily get in that basin thing where the W-A-T-E-R comes out???? Oh momma, how can that be??? Are you sure they are really cats? I mean -- I have peed in the basin, sure, but oh my, oh my...there is W-A-T-E-R in there!"

She is so shocked at the idea of being in a water container that she says she needs to rest for a while...probably the rest of the day or so!

Randi
09-10-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
She is so shocked at the idea of being in a water container that she says she needs to rest for a while...probably the rest of the day or so!

LOL! LOL! :D Edwina, you have a good rest and let your mum get on with posting here! ;)

Former User
09-10-2002, 12:38 PM
Seeing Fister (cute!) reminded me of these pics...Kitty usually doesn't like to play with water, but she was just so fascinated by the water that she had to...

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pt/330.jpg

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pt/333.jpg

Uabassoon
09-10-2002, 12:42 PM
Those are all such cute pictures everyone.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
Seeing Fister (cute!) reminded me of these pics...Kitty usually doesn't like to play with water, but she was just so fascinated by the water that she had to...

Great pictures, Niina. And in this one I can tell that Casper is so much bigger than Kitty. I guess I just never looked close enough before. He is a big boy, but about the size Tubby was when he was younger. Tubby was around 15 pounds (6.75 kg) the last time I weighed him before he started getting sick all the time. He's now just a little under that, but it's all in different places - which I guess happens to humans to as they get older. ;) :)

snowshoe2
09-10-2002, 06:03 PM
All 3 of my cats love to be in the sink and drink from it...almost to the point I think they never drink from their bowls :rolleyes:
This is Cocoa and the rule is whoever is in the sink first gets the first drink ;)

http://plymire.home.mchsi.com/c98d.jpg

NoahsMommy
09-11-2002, 02:41 PM
Noah used to love sleeping in the sink at night...he hasn't done that in a while though. Basil doesn't go near the bathroom or kitchen sink, I think he's the only one that realized W-A-T-E-R comes out of there. At bed time, Noel will stand in the sink and stand straight up to look at herself in the medicine cabinent mirror. It's so cute, we call her "Wormy" when she does that because she looks like those "worm" aliens (the ones that like coffee) from MIB. :)

All these pictures are soooooo cute! They make sinks look as if they were MADE for cats to sleep in! :D

tuxluvr
09-11-2002, 03:05 PM
Snowshoe2, Cocoa is a beautimus kitty!

Casper, in the very first pick, you sure are a sink hog!:)

lovemymaltese
09-11-2002, 03:06 PM
All the sink kitties are cute, I wonder why cats like to do that? I guess it's because they can.

wolflady
09-11-2002, 04:08 PM
Oh how cute! I just love sink kitties! My parents cat is a sink kitty. Neither of my boys are sink kitties, except for Marius on one occasion. After getting his routine shots two years ago, he got so so sick. He was vomiting up blood, which really scared me (and needless to say he hasn't gone back for his shots! :( ) and I ended up confining him in the master bathroom since he was vomiting so much. He was running a fever and chose the sink as his place to rest. I think it's because the basin felt cool against his fever. Poor little guy!! He usually just likes to stand on the toilet seat with his paws on the counter while I'm brushing my teeth in the morning. He finds the running water fascinating! :D

Here is a pic of him in the sink when he was sick.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Oh, poor Marius! He is so adorable in the sink. It's too bad he was so sick in the picture. :( Did the vet ever give you a reason why he got so sick from his shots? That must be highly unusual, but I'm glad you haven't taken him back.

He is so pure white! :)

AdoreMyDogs
09-11-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Oh how cute! I just love sink kitties! My parents cat is a sink kitty. Neither of my boys are sink kitties, except for Marius on one occasion. After getting his routine shots two years ago, he got so so sick. He was vomiting up blood, which really scared me (and needless to say he hasn't gone back for his shots! :( ) and I ended up confining him in the master bathroom since he was vomiting so much. He was running a fever and chose the sink as his play to rest. I think it's because the basin felt cool against his fever. Poor little guy!! He usually just likes to stand on the toilet seat with his paws on the counter while I'm brushing my teeth in the morning. He finds the running water fascinating! :D

Here is a pic of him in the sink when he was sick.

Poor Marius :( He does look great in the sink, but he would look much better if he were not there because of his sickies :(

I didn't vaccinate Minion because I have heard of some really serious side effects from kitty vacs...and he's not going outside again anyway.

Very nice pics everyone :) Sink kitty pics are so cute! Wow, Cocoa is GORGEOUS!

NoahsMommy
09-12-2002, 12:15 AM
Such a cutie Marius!! I'm sorry you got sick from your shots...poor little guy. :(

toughCookie
09-12-2002, 04:17 AM
all such BEAUTIFUL cats!

I like the pic of Casper and Kitty playing together in the sink!

Ann
09-12-2002, 04:55 AM
Great pictures everyone!!!! :) What a good idea!

Oliver has never ever laid in the sink nor has the played with the water :( However, he has made it a habit to jump up on the side of the sink and watch me brush my hair every morning, but he never goes near the actual "hole" where the water comes. I think he shares Edwina's thoughts when it comes to this ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom, your sink looks like something that would be found in a palace!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-12-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Ann
Tubby & Peanut's Mom, your sink looks like something that would be found in a palace!

:o :o Thanks, but nooo, no palace here. :o I did notice that the coloring turned out really good on the picture, so maybe that's why it looks like that. :) Or maybe it's that little princess of mine in the sink that gives it that feeling. ;) :D

wolflady
09-12-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
... Did the vet ever give you a reason why he got so sick from his shots? That must be highly unusual, but I'm glad you haven't taken him back.

I was really quite disappointed with the whole experience with my vet. He had given Marius his shot on the side, which turned out to be in the smooth muscle. After I took him home, he started to vomit. It really got to the point of being rediculous as I had to try and keep him in the kitchen since he was doing it so much. I called the vet and they said not to give him water or food. I knew not to give him food, but the no water thing surprised me. Usually, I would think to give water so he doesn't get dehydrated. Needless to say, he kept vomiting, and it turned to blood and I was in such a frenzied panic that I called the vet's office back in tears because I felt helpless and I've never had a cat vomit blood before...after routine shots...or ever. They didn't even seem too concerned and they asked what color the blood was. After several more bouts of this, I called them back again, and they asked me to bring him back in. I brought him back in and left him there for the afternoon. Later, I went back to pick him up and I brought him back and set up his place in our master bathroom, since he still vomited a couple more times. The vet simply said that the injection into the smooth muscle didn't agree with him. Just the whole way they handled it, didn't impress me and I've been scared to take him back there for shots ever since. I'll take him for rabies since those are required by law...but the others, I'm not so sure. Especially since my babies never go outside :rolleyes:
When I took Scooter in a few weeks ago for his dental cleaning, they looked at the records and noticed that my cats were overdue on their shots. :eek: Do'h! I'm know I'm a bad mommy, but I was just beside myself when Marius was going through that. It was awful! Poor little kitty head!
Marius is sending purrs out to all the sink kitties!! LOL They are all so cute! Enjoy those basins everyone! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Gee, Karen, that must have been awful. I can't believe they didn't even seem concerned. Ok, so vomiting is one thing, but when there's blood involved, that seems a little serious to me. If you do take him back, make sure they know about his bad experience so they don't give it to him there again. I guess all the vets I've been to have always given the shots in the scruff of their neck. Tubby didn't even flinch when the needle went in this last time (unlike his mommy who hates needles:eek: ) Poor Marius.

Cataholic
09-12-2002, 05:06 PM
I have a kitty, Allie, that loves to sit in the sink. She won't move in the morning until she smells the toothpaste, and then she is gone. To get her out 'early' I turn the water on a little bit and at first it just deflects off her fur, and then eventually, she feels it on her bottom feet. It is sooo funny, and maybe a little wrong of me to do it, but I think she knows I am playing, since she comes right back to drink.

How do you get those photos on here? I would like to show you mine....Computer help anyone?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
How do you get those photos on here? I would like to show you mine....Computer help anyone?

click here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406) to go to Phred's Photos 101 for a good tutorial on getting pictures here. There are many other posts out there on this too, so you might want to do a search if this doesn't help. Good luck 'cause we'd love to see Allie!

Cataholic
09-12-2002, 06:17 PM
T & P's mommy...thank you for the link! Knowing Allie how I do, she wants to be on this site! She is my bratty cat, a constant show off, and one of the six loves of my life! She is a 'twin' to Dakky, and thinks the world is all about her.

tuxluvr
09-13-2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Oh, poor Marius! He is so adorable in the sink. It's too bad he was so sick in the picture. :( Did the vet ever give you a reason why he got so sick from his shots? That must be highly unusual, but I'm glad you haven't taken him back.

He is so pure white! :)

Ohhh, Karen.....I shuddered when reading this because I had a cat named Bandit some years ago (pre-ritzy)(of course another tuxedo) who became VIOLENTLY ill after coming home from the shots - found out from another vet that she had received too much of the medication and was essentially poisoned from overdose.......I never went back to that vet again and almost lost that kitty in the process...she was just so sick, and you feel so helpless...after about 2-3 days she started to come around and lived another 10 years with us.

Ritzy is always a little sluggish and sleepy for the remaining day after her shots and I often wonder how important these really are since she is never allowed outside.

Freckles
09-14-2002, 10:21 AM
that today's COTD is a sink kitty?
http://CatoftheDay.com/archive/2002/September/14.jpg

As well as Aug 22? http://catoftheday.com/archive/2002/August/22.jpg

In fact, there's a whole bunch!!
http://catoftheday.com/archive/2002/February/12.jpg

catchat
09-15-2002, 02:15 AM
todays cat of the day is a sink kitty!

Efrat
09-15-2002, 08:16 AM
I have some sink kitties pics for you...:D
It's only Tsoomi that I caught in the sink, but I know other do it as well as I see their hair there...

Here's Tsoomi in the sink

http://www.entermyworld.com/catslove/tsoomi/tsoommarch01e1x1.jpg

http://www.entermyworld.com/catslove/tsoomi/tsoomapril01a1x1.jpg

Tina
09-15-2002, 09:23 AM
What cute sink kitty pictures! I don't have any at the time.

Freckles
09-15-2002, 10:14 AM
that first picture of Tsoomi is the first one in the KITCHEN SINK. All the rest seem to like the cosy confines of the bathroom sink!!

Cataholic
09-15-2002, 05:31 PM
Maybe Tsoomi likes the 'soaking tub' theory, and finds the confines of the typical american bathroom sink too little for his comfort! How many of us would trade in our standard tub for a lovely glamour bath complete with the huge tub! I know I would...:D :D

kohala
09-15-2002, 06:19 PM
And if Dadcat wasn't such a "no fur in the kitchen or bathroom" freak, I'd have some for you. Unfortunately, if and when she does get in the sink (and the telltale fur I clear out before Dadcat gets up - he he heh - tells me she does! ) it's when no one with a camera (or eyes) is around!! I just don't get it, after all these years of eating the condiment we all know and love (cat fur) you'd think he'd give in!
I love the stand offs my two Leos get into!! Talk about stubborn! The cat and the man, that is!

tuxluvr
09-15-2002, 09:32 PM
Efrat, I just love Tsoomi! All these sink pics are great...i believe the only reason Ritz isn't a sink cat is because we keep both bathroom doors closed all the time - figured since she was a kitten that there were too many no no's there and kept it off limits unless we were in there too... She used to like to jump onto the bathroom vanity and dip her paw in the water drips for a "drink"...but doesn't seem interested any more.

She does pop into the bathtub occasionally for a drink from the faucet.

She hasn't ever attempted (that i know of) to get to the kitchen counter/sink....it seems she things it too high for her...I'm sure she could clear it if she seriously wanted to, but for now I consider myself fortunate.

wolflady
09-16-2002, 11:43 AM
OMG!! I wonder if this is what happened to Marius! Yikes. It is scary! Poor Bandit! I'm glad she came around. I may just have to fess up and find another vet. I'm also torn about whether or not my babies really need them since they aren't allowed outside either. Poor babies...it's such a bad ordeal for them! :(

All the sink kitties are so adorable!! Keep those pics coming! :)

Originally posted by tuxluvr

Ohhh, Karen.....I shuddered when reading this because I had a cat named Bandit some years ago (pre-ritzy)(of course another tuxedo) who became VIOLENTLY ill after coming home from the shots - found out from another vet that she had received too much of the medication and was essentially poisoned from overdose.......I never went back to that vet again and almost lost that kitty in the process...she was just so sick, and you feel so helpless...after about 2-3 days she started to come around and lived another 10 years with us.

Ritzy is always a little sluggish and sleepy for the remaining day after her shots and I often wonder how important these really are since she is never allowed outside.

Vermontcat
09-16-2002, 12:06 PM
I love all the sink kitty photos! My cat Sam has never been a sink kitty. The closest she has come is sitting on top of the closed toilet seat to get attention when I am busy at the sink.:)

Wolflady and Tuxluvr, you should really check with you vet about not needing so many shots if you have indoor only cats. I took Sam for her yearly shots today and the vet surprised me and said she only really needed the rabies one (I think its required by law) and the others could be every other year since she rarely goes outside and only under supervision. She used to need more shots when she was younger and would have run-ins with some of the neighbors cats coming into our yard. Maybe one of you wants to start a thread about indoor cats and what shots are needed.