PDA

View Full Version : The Pee Cam Chronicles aka The Pee Sting - Phase II

jazzcat
09-25-2008, 10:26 AM
We're conducting a "Pee Sting" to try to catch our inappropriate peeing cat(s). On Saturday Sept. 14 we set up a motion detecting web cam [the Pee Cam] in the dining room. The Pee Cam is connected to a laptop where all the pictures are stored.

Those little smarty cats were on their best behavior for almost 11 days but on Wed. Sept 24 it changed. Houston, we have a pee! When I got up yesterday morning I found a pee spot. Unfortunately the pee spot was off to the side of the camera so we couldn't see the culprit. :mad: The cats are outwitting me!!! I had to leave for the afternoon but when I got back I rushed to check the pictures on the laptop and Viola! a peeing cat on camera! It was Rocky!!

You'd think problem solved but wait, Rocky has an alibi for the early morning off camera pee. He was out in the garage when that one happened so we still have a mystery to solve and another peeing cat to catch so the Pee Sting continues.

Stay tuned for the continuing saga of Days of our Pee.

aki
09-25-2008, 11:03 AM
LOL!

now if you can just go live, we can all keep an eye out! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Houston, we have a pee!

LOL !! This made my day!!!

It is pain to find out the culprit hey! We don't have a pee-problem here; but I often find "things", with NO name on of course! When I ask the cats, they lookall so innoscent and seem to tell me: "call Sherlock!!"

sasvermont
09-25-2008, 11:35 AM
This thread made me laugh so. I feel your pain.

This could be "The thread of the year".....such a riot!

I would be willing to come to your house to spy on these guys. :)

Keep us posted!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-25-2008, 11:42 AM
I have a splendid idea!! Let us watch your webcam HERE !!
" PT in search of the pee-monster!!"

Pam
09-25-2008, 12:26 PM
LOL! The Pee Sting!! :D:D The little stinkers are just too smart for their own good! If only Rocky would snitch on the other offender! :p

jazzcat
09-25-2008, 12:39 PM
LOL! The Pee Sting!! :D:D The little stinkers are just too smart for their own good! If only Rocky would snitch on the other offender! :p
Oh trust me, this operation is not above a little bribe to informants.

jenluckenbach
09-25-2008, 02:24 PM
LOL so hard I peed my pants. ;)

Darned sneaky little brats.

LionHart
09-25-2008, 02:48 PM
It's good to have a sense of humor about this. Every time I find a puddle I can't help but imagine the kids snickering behind my back saying she'll never guess.:D

pitc9
09-25-2008, 03:53 PM
LOL!

now if you can just go live, we can all keep an eye out! :D

Oh that would be GREAT!!
LOL!!

catmandu
09-25-2008, 04:19 PM
I NEED A POO CAM BECAUSE SOMEONE IS POOING IN FRONT OF THE LITTERBOX.
OF COURSE WITH THE WAY THAT THE EGINEER CATS GET INTO THE BOX AND THROW THE LITTER OUT IN FRONT, THIS POOER MAY THINK THAT THEY ARE GOING IN THE BOX.
AT LEAST ITS ON DOLLAR STORE TILES SO IT CLEANS UP EASILY :cool::cool::cool:

kimlovescats
09-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh dear, nawtee Rocky! :( I hope the other culprit is soon caught as well ... at least then you will know better how to deal with it.

cassiesmom
09-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Cue the mysterious music .... Dunnn, dunnnn, dunnnnnnnnn....

sirrahbed
09-26-2008, 05:51 AM
pee cam:D Thanks for a good laugh to start my morning!! Any way to provde us with a live stream?:p Get it? I am punny!! streaming video???:cool:

Anikaca77
09-26-2008, 07:15 AM
I'm looking at getting one where did you get one and what was the cost?

Thanks,
Melissa

Pam
09-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Any way to provde us with a live stream?:p Get it? I am punny!! streaming video???:cool:

Yep, I got it! Good one! :D

critters
09-26-2008, 11:32 AM
LOL!! I feel your pain!!! :D

jazzcat
09-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm looking at getting one where did you get one and what was the cost?

Thanks,
Melissa
It's just a regular web cam hooked up to a laptop so I can put it where I need. To make it motion dectecting I downloaded some free software online I found called Dorgem. Just google that name and you will find the software. I think it was pretty simple to set up (my husband did it) but I believe even I could have done it.

Debbie - Haha!

TenHouseCats
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
dear humans:

we habe red da tail ob da pee camera, and wish to enkwire iffen you have da purrmission ob all da participants to be filmed in dis way. dis cud be considered a civil-rights violayshun of da furst order.

however, our spesific concern in addressing you be dis: do NOT state, announce or in any othfur way imply dat it be, "da calico's fault."

as the legal paw ob CaLiCo (Calico Liberation Coalition), it is my job to ensure that the widespred praktiss of blaming effuryting on da multicolored be stopped, using all means at our disposal, including legal measures.

we will stop at nuffin to end da horribull attacks on da most beautiful ob all cats by those who wish to foist off dere own respawnsibility upon da motley sort.

sincerely,

LaceySusan TenHouseCats, CaLiCo legal representatiff

Catlady711
09-26-2008, 12:31 PM
It's just a regular web cam hooked up to a laptop so I can put it where I need. To make it motion dectecting I downloaded some free software online I found called Dorgem. Just google that name and you will find the software. I think it was pretty simple to set up (my husband did it) but I believe even I could have done it.

Debbie - Haha!

The one I have I'm not sure if it would work with a laptop, but I'd imagine it would. It's a Labtec webcam I bought at staples for $20 a couple years ago and it came with motion detecting software. My problem is the cord is way too short to reach out to the rest of the house.

Medusa
09-26-2008, 03:39 PM
This is hilarious! You, Candace and Richard really made me chuckle today! Thank you from the heart of my bottom. ;)

jazzcat
09-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Nothing new on the Pee Cam but we have started Phase Two of the "Pee Sting" so I will be updating with that soon.

RICHARD
09-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Nothing new on the Pee Cam but we have started Phase Two of the "Pee Sting" so I will be updating with that soon.
I was scared that you meant NUMBER 2 not STAGE 2!

jazzcat
09-27-2008, 07:12 PM
I was scared that you meant NUMBER 2 not STAGE 2!
None of that thank goodness. You better not have jinxed me! :p

jennielynn1970
09-27-2008, 10:11 PM
You're lucky. I have a mystery pooper (or two) as well. Sigh...

RICHARD
09-28-2008, 11:35 AM
None of that thank goodness. You better not have jinxed me! :p

Ready????

Let's say you have three cats that are peeing, Or have to go for the third installment of the "P Files" -Scully? You do know the truth is out there!, Doncha?- You might want to think about naming that installment-

SEE THREE PEE, OH! (C3PO) and market it as a Star Wars episode?:rolleyes:;)

Enough of making fun of your plight!:(

gini
09-28-2008, 12:08 PM
This thread is too funny! Kitties are just like little kids. Unless you catch them in the act it is usually "nope, it wasn't me" - nope it wasn't me either..........."

You could call your video "The Princess and the Pee" (or Prince)

Emeraldgreen
09-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Just tuning in for my regular 'P-TV' fix! :)
So...... Rocky has an alibi for the day in question. Hmmm.

Rumor has it that Jazz Scouted out who really did it and he thinks it's Moxie. He spotted him trying to use the Black and Decker to clean it up but there was so much to clean up, it was a candidate for Ripley's Believe It or Not and thus he was unsuccessful in his attempt!

Did I get them all? LOL
Poor Moxie, it's probably not you! Just having some fun. :)

jazzcat
09-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Just tuning in for my regular 'P-TV' fix! :)
So...... Rocky has an alibi for the day in question. Hmmm.

Rumor has it that Jazz Scouted out who really did it and he thinks it's Moxie. He spotted him trying to use the Black and Decker to clean it up but there was so much to clean up, it was a candidate for Ripley's Believe It or Not and thus he was unsuccessful in his attempt!

Did I get them all? LOL
Poor Moxie, it's probably not you! Just having some fun. :)
LOL, too funny!!!

jazzcat
09-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Our Richard has amazing powers! After the comment about Number 2 yesterday what did I wake up to discover this morning... NUMBER 2 in the floor about a foot a way from the camera and out of view. This is the first time this has happened and I don't know who did it. I think they just gave me their thoughts on this Pee Cam. One of my cats is sitting around here laughing today saying "I poop on it!"

Richard needs to harness his powers for good! Think "no more inappropriate peeing (and now pooping) cats at Jazzcat's house" please!

RICHARD
09-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Our Richard has amazing powers! After the comment about Number 2 yesterday what did I wake up to discover this morning... NUMBER 2 in the floor about a foot a way from the camera and out of view. This is the first time this has happened and I don't know who did it. I think they just gave me their thoughts on this Pee Cam. One of my cats is sitting around here laughing today saying "I poop on it!"

Richard needs to harness his powers for good! Think "no more inappropriate peeing (and now pooping) cats at Jazzcat's house" please!

Okay,

Here's goes....

All the felines in JC's house will immediately stop any and all inappropriate bodily functions outside of their boxes.

O.K.?

NOw, off to play the lottery!:rolleyes:

jazzcat
09-29-2008, 11:03 AM
The Countertop Caper.
We have a Scat Mat which we place on the kitchen counter to keep the cats away. Well a week or so before the Pee Cam was set up someone got on the counter top and peed on the Scat Mat while it was turned off! :mad:

Phase II of the Pee Sting has been implemented. After a little ebay bidding I purchased a wireless web cam. It arrived and after a day or two of struggling with the software we got the wireless cam set up. Since this camera only seems to perform well in bright light it won't be of much use in the dining room so we set it up to the be the new kitchen counter tattletale. This camera will email me five seconds of video every two minutes when motion is detected. Best of all, new gadget is mobile.

Phase II - The Countertop Caper
Day One
Email Log:
10:15 am - One solid gray cat saunters across counter top to sniff the bananas.
11:10 am - One black and white tuxie hops up to inspect kitchen sink - found nothing.
11:50 am - One human prepares luch (yougurt, banana, bran muffin & milk - I skipped breakfast).
11.58 pm - Big fluffy gray tabby drinks from water fountain in background.

This is an example of what we are seeing, lots of naughty kitties getting up on the counter top to "sniff bananas" and have a look around. I never knew we had so many counter top tourist! :eek:

catlover4ever
09-29-2008, 11:07 AM
This is just too funny and so much fun!!! I can't wait till you find out exactly WHO it is!!!!

jazzcat
10-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Pee Cam Update 10/01
Here we are another week later and someone peed again on the plastic runner in the dining room about a foot in front of the camera but the did it in the dark last night so they camera didn't pick it up! :mad::mad: Rocky was outside in the garage for the night so it wasn't him. I can't believe it! When will I get this figured out!

All this time I thought I was the smarter species! :rolleyes: No wonder Egyptians revered them. Cats are probably who designed the pyramids!

Medusa
10-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Cats are probably who designed the pyramids!

I thought everyone knew that. :rolleyes: