PDA

View Full Version : Accused of passing gas, man charged with battery

Catty1
09-25-2008, 09:32 AM
As one poster on this story said, "Farts are funny unless you're a patrolman from South Charleston."
POSTED BY: reynolds_wood on THU, SEP 25, 2008 02:10 PM -0500
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080924/koddities/oddity_flatulence_charge

Accused of passing gas, man charged with battery

Wed Sep 24, 10:16 PM

By The Associated Press

SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. - A West Virginia man who police said passed gas and fanned it toward a patrolman has been charged with battery on a police officer.

Jose A. Cruz, 34, of Clarksburg, was pulled over early Tuesday for driving without headlights, police said. According to the criminal complaint, Cruz smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and failed three field sobriety tests before he was handcuffed and taken to a police station for a breathalyzer test.

As Patrolman T.E. Parsons prepared the machine, Cruz scooted his chair toward Parsons, lifted his leg and "passed gas loudly," the complaint said.

Cruz, according to complaint, then fanned the gas toward the officer.

"The gas was very odorous and created contact of an insulting or provoking nature with Patrolman Parsons," the complaint alleged.

He was also charged with driving under the influence, driving without headlights and two counts of obstruction.

Cruz acknowledged passing gas, but said he didn't move his chair toward the officer nor aim gas at the patrolman. He said he had an upset stomach at the time, but police denied his request to go to the bathroom when he first arrived at the station.

"I couldn't hold it no more," he said.

He also denied being drunk and uncooperative as the police complaint alleged. He added he was upset at being prepared for a breathalyzer test while having an asthma attack. The police statement said he later resisted being secured for a trip to a hospital that he requested for asthma treatment.

Cruz said the officers thought the gas incident was funny when it happened and laughed about it with him.

"This is ridiculous," he said. "I could be facing time."

RICHARD
09-25-2008, 02:41 PM
As one poster on this story said, "Farts are funny unless you're a patrolman from South Charleston."

Sheriff Taylor: Barney, You charged this man with what?
Barney Fife: ANDY, he pooted and that wasn't the....
ST: HE WHAT?
BF: POOTED!
ST: Come on Barney, Maybe he was sick!
BF: You should know! Aunt Bea almost killed me with that lunch the
other day!
ST: Don't bring Aunt Bea into this conversation, you perversion of the law!
BF I'm a perversion of the law? Look who still lives with his aunt!
ST: Okay, I've had enough! One more word outta you and I'll tase you!
BF: For what? Saying that Aunt Bea's cooking sucks?
ST: Yea, and for being such a sissy because some guy pooted during a traffic stop!

-----------

Note to self.

Book no vacations or drives thru South Charleston!

lvpets2002
09-25-2008, 02:47 PM
:eek: Oh for Petes Poopade.. Whats this world coming too?? Silly Silly.. By the way Richard loved your bio there..:D

DJFyrewolf36
09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Sheriff Taylor: Barney, You charged this man with what?
Barney Fife: ANDY, he pooted and that wasn't the....
ST: HE WHAT?
BF: POOTED!
ST: Come on Barney, Maybe he was sick!
BF: You should know! Aunt Bea almost killed me with that lunch the
other day!
ST: Don't bring Aunt Bea into this conversation, you perversion of the law!
BF I'm a perversion of the law? Look who still lives with his aunt!
ST: Okay, I've had enough! One more word outta you and I'll tase you!
BF: For what? Saying that Aunt Bea's cooking sucks?
ST: Yea, and for being such a sissy because some guy pooted during a traffic stop!

-----------

Note to self.

Book no vacations or drives thru South Charleston!

LOL :D

Wow, Id never thought Id see the day when farting was concidered a crime.

Catty1
09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
I guess some of them must be pretty poisonous....LOL. Maybe the cops' new weapon should be long matches....:p

sparks19
09-25-2008, 11:22 PM
I guess some of them must be pretty poisonous....LOL. Maybe the cops' new weapon should be long matches....:p

LMFAO...

good one hahahahaha

lvpets2002
09-26-2008, 08:37 AM

:p Well now would that be safe Candace?? What if the fart lit the match & KaaBoom.. Then the poor guy would be charged for setting the building on fire..:D

boomersooner
09-26-2008, 09:14 PM
All I know is that I work in an elementary school, and it can get pretty rank on burrito or chili day! I guess that would be teacher abuse!!

Twisterdog
09-26-2008, 09:57 PM
My husband should be serving a life sentence, no possibility of parole.

critters
09-27-2008, 06:12 AM
My husband should be serving a life sentence, no possibility of parole. So would my Domino! GAK!!! :eek::D

RICHARD
09-27-2008, 06:55 AM
I heard that the offense happened during the fingerprinting at the station.

Serves the cop right for pulling his finger!:eek::rolleyes:

boomersooner
09-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Okay, I'm laughing out loud!!! You can probably hear me....Don't you know fingerprinters across the country are being just a tad bit more careful this morning!