PDA

View Full Version : Run like a BOLT, Hiss like a snake?

RICHARD
09-24-2008, 08:18 PM
I have a world class sprinter, just like that Bolt kid from Jamaica that won the gold medal in China.

Ed is one quick cat. Faster than his old man and most of the cats around.

I have this little trust thing going with Ed. I let him walk to my mom's house when we go on walkabout. It's a 20 foot walk and he gets to do that on his own-sometimes!

I have to follow him closely and prod him along with a toe when he stops and twirls the tail. The tail twirl, as far as I can figure out, is a curiousity thing he does when he stops to look around! I know when I see that that there may be another cat about. I get ready to grab him and toss his arse into the house!

This morning he was mewling by the door and I went to take him next door.
I opened the door and whoosh! He jumped the threshold and ran for the little access hatch on my mom's house. I see cat arse and tail disappear down the hatch, I stop and wait for him, because he'll come out in a few minutes.

Not two seconds later a black cat head appears from the underneath!
Not a bad thing.....But my cat is pure white!

Yep, it's the black calico stray that comes for treats and chases the vermin that go for the bird seeds that spill to the ground from the cages!

That cat stops and looks at me, then decides that the HUGE WHITE MAINE COON on his tail is more important to run from!

The black cat takes off and I stand there waiting for my cat....

TO EXPLODE FROM THE ENTRANCE. CATCHING ME OFF GUARD!

NOTE:
There was a time when I would have, might have sought a career in sports.
Not as a star or really famous dude. Just someone who was an everyday low key athlete. Not anymore, no way, no how!

I bent to catch my cat and before I could get the fast twitch fibers in my thighs to move me in tha direction, the cats are going to my left and I barely keep from falling.

The next thing that I am thankful for is that even tho my HUGE WHITE CAT is a chaser, He's not a fighter.

He's a lover, just like his dad!:rolleyes::eek:

He'll chase to the where he is comfortable. He then realizes that he's out of the house then, stops dead in his tracks and freezes!

If I am lucky he'll stop just short of an obstacle where I have to bend over and try to catch/coax him out.

Did I mention that I wanted to be an athlete once? Did I mention that when you get OLD that bending over is a project that should only be attempted when you are fit? And young?:D

Today, I got lucky and the Edster stopped short of the truck!
I had just enough speed to be able to snag his tail to keep him from scampering away.

I don't grab him roughly. I don't do the diving stop or anything like that. I always make sure that I can grab him where neither one of us is in any danger. He isn't hurt when I do this, otherwise I would have new Cat Designed Drainage System in my skin!

When I do grab him and keep him from escaping I am greeted with The World Class Snake Hiss that Come Outta My CAT!!! :eek:

This sound would scare the baddest snake in the world.

I was able to stop his forward progress and get him into my arms and into the house with little or no drama! so I was very lucky, but I am reminded that I have a cat that runs like an Olympic Athlete and hisses like the world's biggest, baddest snake.

And all that wrapped around the soul of a huge, white, lovey-dovey non violent feline.

Darn, if I could only get him to clean out his box!:D

StarandBratsmom
09-24-2008, 08:28 PM
LOL that's so funny. Kind of like my old Beagles, run, you get close, then they take off running, you get close, they take off running again.

Your cat sounds like a hoot. :-)

RICHARD
09-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Your cat sounds like a hoot. :-)

IF he "hooted" I'd be in trouble!

He'd be an OWL!:confused::)

StarandBratsmom
09-25-2008, 10:29 AM
LOL, true. My cat chirps though, but he's a Pixie Bob, chirps and meows a funny meow, sounds like he's saying Maaa Maaa like mama.

catmandu
09-25-2008, 04:43 PM
I AM HAVING A DAILY SPRINT WITH JUKE JOINT JOSEPH AS I PUT THE CLAVAMOX POWDER INTO HIS MOUTH .
I HAVE TO CATCH HIM, IMOBOLIZE HIS PAWS AND THEN POUR IT IN.
SO FAR ITS WORKED TWO OUT OF THREE TIMES, BUT HES GETTING VERY CAUTIOUS!!!:eek::eek:
HOW DO I TELL HIM, ITS FOR HIS OWN GOOD???:(:(:(

RICHARD
09-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I AM HAVING A DAILY SPRINT WITH JUKE JOINT JOSEPH AS I PUT THE CLAVAMOX POWDER INTO HIS MOUTH .
I HAVE TO CATCH HIM, IMOBOLIZE HIS PAWS AND THEN POUR IT IN.
SO FAR ITS WORKED TWO OUT OF THREE TIMES, BUT HES GETTING VERY CAUTIOUS!!!:eek::eek:
HOW DO I TELL HIM, ITS FOR HIS OWN GOOD???:(:(:(

YOu have to pretend like it's not a chase!

If you ever watch the Dog Whisperer you see very quickly that animals know when you are nervous. YOu have to do it calmly and talk to him the same way.

Don't try to corral him or chase him down!

Go about it very gently!