PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #284-Slumber party?

RICHARD
09-24-2008, 07:25 PM
We haven't had a slumber party with scary movies, popcorn all night shenanigans for a while?

Anyone up for it?

I think some Vincent Price and Bela Lugosi are in order!
JUst as I finished typing the previous line, a Disneyland Halloween commercial came on!:confused::eek:

Oh oh, I want popcorn balls! LOL, joke all you want...:p

Drnk of the Day?

Gin and Tonic

2 oz. gin
tonic water
lime wedge

Pour 2 oz. gin over ice in a rocks glass. Fill with tonic water and garnish with a lime wedge.

Easy!

And David and LH?

More Ta Kill Ya?

DONE!

Lady's Human
09-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Who needs scary movies when David and I are sitting at the bar drinking Takillya wearing hospital Jonnies?

How much more scary do you need?

Karen
09-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Methinks the scary movies are to distract us from the sight of you two!

Hmm, I'll bring an apple pie, I love scary movies!

RICHARD
09-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Who needs scary movies when David and I are sitting at the bar drinking Takillya wearing hospital Jonnies?

OH,

I worked on the same floor where the day's patients were prepped for surgery.

I have seen some stuff that I am still shocked about to this day....

Carry on, gentleman. The only thing that scares me are tax hikes!;)

--------

Some plates, whipped cream and a pot of coffee!

DONE!

lvpets2002
09-25-2008, 09:28 AM
:) Well Richard look what I found you.. Some popcorn balls = Reg & Halloween style.. Lets get some scary movies now & start partying..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/15817.jpg http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/Halloween_Mini_Balls-thumb.jpg

gini
09-25-2008, 12:30 PM
I hate scary movies..........I always have. So I brought some pillows to put over my head so I don't have to watch.

A gin and tonic - well, it's kinda early - but what the heck!

Who are those two at the bar? Somebody let them out of the L&F I can tell.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-25-2008, 01:20 PM
I hate scary movies..........I always have. So I brought some pillows to put over my head so I don't have to watch.

:D I discovered a long time ago it's not what I see that scares me, it's what I hear. I just hate the music they play right before the moster jumps out to grab the silly people who were dumb enough to get in its way. I just put my fingers in my ears so the scary music won't get me. :D

Cheese popcorn and cherry limeade for me, please!

lvpets2002
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
:D
Cheese popcorn and cherry limeade for me, please!

:) Here you go some Cheese Popcorn & Cherry Limeade.. Boy Howdy looks so good I think I will have some too..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/fundraisers.png http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/18991.jpg

RICHARD
09-25-2008, 02:56 PM
:) Well Richard look what I found you.. Some popcorn balls = Reg & Halloween style.. Lets get some scary movies now & start partying..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/15817.jpg http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/Halloween_Mini_Balls-thumb.jpg

THANK YOU! Now I can relax!:)

Gini,

One G&T for you and a pillow! And leave those guys at the end of the bar alone! They are recovering!:p

DONE!

MOFF,

Ah......You have popcorn stuck to your earlobes!

I was going to let someone else do it, but I had to..You look too funny that way!

LP,

Thanks for doing Bar Duty for me!

Can I get you something?

RedHedd
09-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Popcorn balls I like; those popcorn hands look scary! :eek:

lvpets2002
09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
:) Oh yes I will take some cheese popcorn & a LIT with cherries.. mmmm Oh yes how about those 3D glassess so the scary movies will seem so real..:cool:

davidpizzica
09-25-2008, 05:16 PM

Uh,LH? Do you think we ought to try moving around a little bit and maybe getting some clothes on? Everyone thinks we've rooted ourselves to these stools! This is the second Thursday of our sitting here!

jazzcat
09-25-2008, 05:22 PM
I want to come! I love scary movies. Just make me some popcorn and a big tall glass of OJ (not the criminal kind).

I'll bring some Gunk Balls. It's those no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. I never knew what they were called so I named them Gunk Balls and now everyone in my family and in-laws call them that. I can make them Blondies with just peanut butter for those who don't like chocolate. :)

RICHARD
09-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Popcorn balls I like; those popcorn hands look scary! :eek:

Let me give you a hand?:D

DONE?

LP,
CHeese Popcorn, and LIIT with some Marios in it and 3d glasses!

Take them off before you go the the restroom! LOLOLOL

DONE!

David.
Glad you both are feeling better. Um, I think you shouldn't use the word "stools" around me for a while-It's that and the johnny that give me flash backs!:eek:

Jazz,

Popcorn and innocent OJ?

DONE!

Hey how's about a recipe for Gunk Balls?

jazzcat
09-25-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm too lazy to type up the recipe so I thought I would find it online and do a little copy/paste magic. Well I just discovered they are more commonly called Novaks.

Gunk Balls (aka Chocolate Novaks or no bake cookies)

2 cups of sugar

1 stick of butter

1/2 cups of milk

4 tablespoons of cocoa

3 cups of oatmeal ( quick oats.)

2/3 cups of peanut butter ( chunky makes it special)

1 teaspoon of vanilla

DIRECTIONS
Combine the sugar and cocoa in a heavy pot. Add the milk and margarine. Bring to a full-rolling boil over med-high heat for one minute. Remove from heat. (I do it all in the microwave) Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let cool in fridge until set.

NOTE: Do not go over a minute and 30 seconds. It will get way to hard to work with. Trust me!

slick
09-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Oh boy, a slumber party. I love wearing jammies. ;) I've got my special flannel nightgown on with my furry kitty slippers. Think I just plop myself on the big couch and relax. It's been a very long week and it's not over yet, but I'm starting my vacation on Monday.

Don't feel like eating anything sweet and popcorn doesn't tickle my fancy. How about just fixing me up a tall, strong G & T with a lemon twist. That would go down real nice right now.

Scary movies?? I can take 'em or leave 'em. Just pop one in the DVD and I'll enjoy.

RICHARD
09-26-2008, 02:53 PM
:D

Don't feel like eating anything sweet and popcorn doesn't tickle my fancy. How about just fixing me up a tall, strong G & T with a lemon twist. That would go down real nice right now.

Scary movies?? I can take 'em or leave 'em. Just pop one in the DVD and I'll enjoy.

One Double G&T with a Chubby Checker.

Have a good vacation!

DONE!

Jazz, THanks for the recipe!:D

smokey the elder
09-26-2008, 02:54 PM
I think some decaf with Baileys would go nice right now. It's cold, rainy and nasty here.

Scary movies, huh? I think the British ones are the best. 28 Days Later scared the cr@p out of me, because it's actually a plausible premise. Especially, since a few weeks later, (back in 2003) I found and saved the following:

Researchers Make Vaccine-Evading Mousepox Virus, Igniting Scientific Debate
Associated Press (10/31/03) Elias, Paul
A group of Saint Louis University researchers, led by Mark Buller and funded by a federal grant, has created a mousepox virus that can avoid the vaccines currently designed to stop the disease. The work reopens the debate over whether such research is beneficial or aids those who would use such viruses for nefarious purposes, such as terrorists. However, the researchers also created a two-drug regimen that kills the virus, which they say was their ultimate goal; to figure out how to defeat a superbug, they say, they must first create that pathogen. Scientists are also divided about whether the information should be published in a peer-reviewed journal, which would give terrorists and rogue states the opportunity to view the data with an eye toward creating the superbug themselves. (http://www.ap.org)
LIFE IMITATES ART?!
(The link probably doesn't work; it's from 2003.)

lvpets2002
09-26-2008, 03:07 PM
:o:o EveryOne please hear this == There Will Be No PopSicles At This Slumber Pary...

Richard has just informed us on another thread that they are made from water that fish have had sex in..:D:D

RICHARD
09-26-2008, 03:19 PM
:o:o EveryOne please hear this == There Will Be No PopSicles At This Slumber Pary...

Richard has just informed us on another thread that they are made from water that fish have had sex in..:D:D

Scientific facts is all that is!;)

STE,

YOu probably know about Plum Island.....EEK!!!!!!

Anyway, We always have the Lost and Found....and whatever lurks in there!:D

lvpets2002
09-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Scientific facts is all that is!;)

STE,

YOu probably know about Plum Island.....EEK!!!!!!

Anyway, We always have the Lost and Found....and whatever lurks in there!:D

:eek: oH nO The Fish lived at Plum Island too..:p

momoffuzzyfaces
09-26-2008, 04:53 PM

:eek::eek: They probably peed and pooed in that water too!!! :eek::eek:

RICHARD
09-26-2008, 07:14 PM
:eek::eek: They probably peed and pooed in that water too!!! :eek::eek:
I was trying not to bring that up!:cool:

gini
09-26-2008, 11:27 PM
You know, you leave this bar for just a few hours - and look what happens!:eek:

How did it degrade to fish peeing and pooping on Plum Island?:D

RICHARD
09-27-2008, 12:44 AM

Mom's milk? That leads to everything!;)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-27-2008, 01:41 PM
You know, you leave this bar for just a few hours - and look what happens!:eek:

Um, they don't pee and poo on Plum ISLAND! They can't breathe on dry land. It's the water around the island and the creeks and streams where the action is!!! ;)

gini
09-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Um, they don't pee and poo on Plum ISLAND! They can't breathe on dry land. It's the water around the island and the creeks and streams where the action is!!! ;)

Oh, now I understand! Thanks, Connie for clearing that up for me. Now I can fully understand why you would be talking about fish poo and fish pee
in the water AROUND Plum Island:D

Is this going to turn into the name of a new drink, Richard? (not Plum Island either!)

RICHARD
09-27-2008, 03:00 PM
G, It may be served with the Kitty Litter Cake!:cool:

dukedogsmom
09-27-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm used to staying up all night at work. And I have gotten my sleep screwed up on my days off so I'm up half the night or more. I love watching movies all night long. For some comedy, how about The Great Outdoors or Planes, Trains and Automobiles? Two of my favorite John Candy movies.

RICHARD
09-27-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm used to staying up all night at work. And I have gotten my sleep screwed up on my days off so I'm up half the night or more. I love watching movies all night long. For some comedy, how about The Great Outdoors or Planes, Trains and Automobiles? Two of my favorite John Candy movies.

Was the Great Outdoors the movie with the raccoons in the trashcans?

Hotdogs? Lips and AHs?:D

And the water skiiing on the lake? You BA#%$D! No, he says FASTER!!!!

Sometimes I get mad at JC for being dumb and dying the way he did..

I loved Uncle Buck......

DONE!

I am gonna have a GIANT G&T. I need one!

DONE!!:D

lvpets2002
09-29-2008, 10:43 AM
G, It may be served with the Kitty Litter Cake!:cool:

:p Now now did you really have to bring the Kitty Litter Cake into this?? By the way looks are not always as they seem.. Kitty Litter Cake is Very Good..:D

RICHARD
09-29-2008, 12:13 PM
:p Now now did you really have to bring the Kitty Litter Cake into this?? By the way looks are not always as they seem.. Kitty Litter Cake is Very Good..:D

Yes, it sure is!!

DONE!