PDA

View Full Version : please have kitty in your thoughts...

Husky_mom
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I had an awful thing happen today...

just a few days ago (weekend) I had this outdoor kitty whom I had inside, supposedly until today when I was gonna take her to get a home... as much as I wanted to keep her she would just freak out at Queeq (them pom in my siggy)... so yesterday we were out and she ran off to my neighbors house (completely alone house)... so the more I called to her she just wouldn´t come to me, she´d look but then raff off... and I couldn´t get in by anywhere.... so I waited and left her food and water for the night...

things got worse... at morning i heard her very close and was like YAY!.. she´s here... so I went outside and yes there she was.. but... INSIDE MY CAR!!!... right in the motor:eek::eek:

I tried every imaginable way to get her to get out.. but she wouldn´t even budge.. she just sat there meowing... adn i couldn´t reach as there is no space I could barely even see her between all the parts... and I had to get my kid to school...

I slapped the car, honked, even tried a stick but no luck... I hesitated to turn it on in fear of getting her caught in the fan or something... so after a looooong while I did.. fortunately no one got hurt but she still wouldn´t come out of there...so now the car was already on and I too off to take my kid to school and then go to work (I work at a tire dealership/mechanic shop) in hope to get them lift the car and take her out....

on the way people looked me weird as the kitty was meowing... but the bad part came half way there... suddenly I stopped hearing the kitty... and was afraid I "got" it in the fan.... and I freaked.... but I sure wished she just got out and ran off ... I got to work and had the car inspected but no sign of kitty... so I really really hope she´s safe somewhere.... I never saw a thing, as soon as she stopped making noise i looked in my mirrors to be sure but I couldn´t see anything... and there was no kitty there when they checked the car... so please send good vibes for this kitty to make a safe trip to wherever she is....

I will look for her on my way home but I doubt she´s still there... (fingers crossed she´s ok)...

I do have a few pics but my camera is at home... she is a tortie, very cute...

Karen
09-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Poor kitty, I hope she is okay somewhere!

catmandu
09-23-2008, 04:26 PM
WE TOO ARE ADDING OUR PRAYERS THAT THAT POOR CAT HAS A HOME
AND IS ON HER WAY HOME NOW.:love::cool::D
AT LEAST YOU SAW HER UNDER THE CAR AND GOT HER OUT BEFORE SHE GOT HURT!!!:cool::love:

phesina
09-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Prayers for the kitty coming from us too.

NoahsMommy
09-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh no! Gosh, poor kitty. :( :(

Lots of prayers that she's OK and was able to get away and out of that engine. :eek: :eek:

Emeraldgreen
09-23-2008, 06:20 PM
That is so sad. :(
How long a drive is it to work? Are the roads busy? Do you think she might have been run over by a car behind you? Can you go and look in the area where you remember her no longer meowing?
Prayers that you find her and that she is still alive.

Husky_mom
09-24-2008, 10:54 AM
well it´s about a 10 min. drive... and at the point were she stopped meowing it´s not that busy... but it gets it´s hours too...:(

for the good part... I went and checked every centimeter of the way (other drivers weren´t so happy, but who cares :p) to make sure she wasn´t ran over by someone.. and she wasn´t !!.. so thats´good... just beside the road there is a complex of many many houses so she probably went there... to the other side there is a long long field.... so she could´ve headed there too...

I´m still concerned to where she headed... but at least she´s safe for now... and hoping it stays that way...

I checked again this morning and still no sight of her... so that´s good..

Emeraldgreen
09-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Was this kitty feral before you started feeding her? I'm just wondering if she will be able to hunt to feed herself. It might help if you put up some signs in the area where you think she might be and describe her as orange and brown and maybe offer a reward? Even if you could get some reports from people if they've spotted her, that would help you narrow the search and hopefully get her back.
I guess my biggest fear is that she became injured while falling out of a moving car and is out there alone and may need medical help. I suppose it's possible that she is uninjured but that would take a miracle.
Is there a way you could place an ad in a local paper? Or put some signs up at some stores close to the location she went missing?
If she isn't feral and is familiar with sounds like dry cat food being shaken in a bag or a box, you could go to the area you think she is in and make these sounds when the traffic is quiet so she has a better chance of hearing you and vice versa. She'll be getting pretty hungry by now. Probably be best to walk the area rather than drive if you are going to continue looking for her as she is likely very scared of the car.
Please don't give up on her. You are the only one that knows she's out there. I'm praying for her.

RICHARD
09-24-2008, 10:13 PM
As effed up as this sounds.....

water.......next time that happens, go with the hose.

It's better to have a wet ticked off, safe kitty than one as a car accessory!

Hope you find him/her!

Emeraldgreen
10-03-2008, 09:03 PM
How is the search going? Any sign of the cat?

Alysser
10-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I'll be thinking of you guys!

Husky_mom
10-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I´ve kept looking... actually the road where it all happened is pretty safe... well as safe as any road can be... and I relly hope she got uninjured as I was driving waaaaaay slow...

so sign of her...of any sort... putting fliers here and for a cat is plain useless... people just don´t care :( ... not a dog much less a cat... it´s sad but true... besides if anyone "took" her.. they would no way turn her back... so thats a good thing there too.. hopefully someone did took her in...

Oh Richard... I went completely blonde there... never thought of the water... thanks... will keep that in mind but hope never happens again...

oh. and I´ve been tossing around cat food...just in case...