PDA

View Full Version : Making himself at home

Sevaede
09-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Let me start with a bit of a background...

A friend (and former neighbor) of mine was driving through a (what else? :p) drive "thru". Said drive "thru" is at an end of a strip mall and right next to another strip mall. She noticed a little cat figure across the lot and called to him. He came running! She brought him back here. She tried to introduce him in to her household but he was adamant about being outside (the room mate trapped him in their bedroom, without any supplies, and he sprayed) amongst other things.

We have posted ads on craigslist, fliers around the neighbourhoods, checked for a microchip (negative), etc etc. Nobody has shown up, called, or asked about him. We concluded that he was dumped. It's been nearly a year.

His name is Milo. He's a gorgeous little Siamese and has a wonderful personality. He used to only come around every couple of days and at night. Now, he is around all day, every day. He sometimes sleeps on the roof, or in a tree, or in the neighbours back yard. We feed him and give him fresh water daily (iced in the summer, of course! :D). We keep our back door (sliding glass) open but the screen shut. He loves to cuddle as close as possible to it and meet everyone through it.

We've been able to start dosing him with flea meds. He comes RUNNING if he hears us outside and loves to rub and weave through our legs. If you walk away, he will put his arms around a leg and let out a meow that really does sound like "NOOOO!". He gets love and pets all the time of course.
One of his favourite activities is to play with Spanky! :D She runs at him, he gets really low to the ground, she stops, and he chases her, repeat.

*The point of this whole rambling thread* :D Today, I went to check the mail. Milo decided to follow me to the box (one of the ones with a bunch of boxes) which is around the corner. He followed me back and RIGHT INTO THE HOUSE! :D He walked around for a bit and then walked right back outside.

We've decided that when we move we are going to take him with us. I would like to integrate him IN to the household. We really do love this sweet boy and I think he's home. :D

I'm adding some pics of him. :) We don't know of his age. Maybe 8 or 9? He seems to have some eye sight issues but we've got him listening to whistles and such.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/pic15044.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/pic15045.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/pic15046.jpg

Randi
09-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Aww, what a gorgeous boy he is. :) He sure is feeling home there with you! How nice that he has access to the outside and is safe too. Have you had his eyes checked by a vet?

Glad you're taking him along when you move - it would be a crime to leave him.

Taz_Zoee
09-22-2008, 02:54 PM
That is wonderful that you are taking him with you! I was also wondering if he has been neutered. Doesn't that help them calm down a bit? And maybe he'd do better indoors after that.
He has very beautiful coloring! :D

Sevaede
09-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Aww, what a gorgeous boy he is. :) He sure is feeling home there with you! How nice that he has access to the outside and is safe too. Have you had his eyes checked by a vet?

Glad you're taking him along when you move - it would be a crime to leave him.

The ladies who checked for his chip gave it a glance but did not seem to think much of it. I do plan on taking him in for an actual check up as soon as finances permit (should be fairly soon!). I will give an update when that happens. :D

Indeed! A while back, I casually mentioned the idea of adopting him out to maybe a nice older couple and hubby replied with a rather adorable "nooo!" to match Milos. ;) :D

Sevaede
09-22-2008, 06:24 PM
That is wonderful that you are taking him with you! I was also wondering if he has been neutered. Doesn't that help them calm down a bit? And maybe he'd do better indoors after that.
He has very beautiful coloring! :D

Yup! That was one of the first things checked for and he has, indeed, been neutered. I think the reason he did poorly indoors that first time around (with the friends room mate) was because she locked him inside a bedroom with out any litter box, food, water, or company for a day or two. I am willing to bet that he just peed out of desperation and having nowhere else to go. I don't know how any one could dump such a wonderful kitty! And thank you, he is quite the pretty kitty! :D

catmandu
09-22-2008, 08:36 PM
WHAT A HANDSOME MEEZER, AND WE PRAY THAT HE WILL LEARN TO TRUST YOU AND MAKE YOUR HOME HIS FURREVER HOME!!
A FEW CANS OF TUNA, AND SOME GROUND BEEF, TURKEY OR CHICKEN MAY WORK , THAT WAS THE CLINCHER WHEN I WANTED SCRAPPY 2 :love::cool:TO COME IN OUT OF THE COLD.:love::love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/6e0103b6.jpg
GOOD LUCK IN MAKING THAT HANDSOME SIAMESE FELLOW YOUR VERY OWN:love::):cool::D

Catty1
09-22-2008, 10:50 PM
How handsome! Looks like a Blue Point Snowshoe Siamese!

Meezers are very loyal to THEIR people (I think you have figured out that Milo has taken ownership of you and hubby? :D ). I am sure he will be a lovely house kitty when you move. And maybe because the new place will be new to ALL the kitties, they and Milo will adjust to each other more easily.

"Oh - new place has a cat already. Who knew?" ;)

Give him a hug for me!:love:

Vermontcat
09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Milo is so handsome!:)
I agree with Catty, he looks like a Blue Point Snowshoe Siamese.
My new Siamese Milly is a big talker and she just said she thinks he's cute.;)