PDA

View Full Version : Sooner's trip to the vet

Sirrahsim
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
When we got Sooner, we noticed a few patches of dry skin on his neck and that his eye was a little squinty. This weekend his eye started to get all red and swollen adn nasty so we took him to the vet today! Poor kitty has conjunctivitis and.... RINGWORM:eek::eek: I'm washing all of his bedding in bleach and have meds for everybody.
So poor thing isn't feeling well but he is on the road to recovery. :D

Sirrahsim
09-22-2008, 02:58 PM
My poor kitties have just been scrubbed down with sulfurated lime. They both smell like they have been rolling in rotting eggs and are quarantined in the bathroom until they dry:o:o Boomer did surprisingly well with the whole thing but SOONER was a little hellcat. He was writhing around with claws out looking for anything to latch on to. He got me once but it wasn't too bad. I didn't "dip" them because the stuff is just so dang expensive but I took a wash cloth and made sure to get them as drippy wet as possible.

EWWWWWW!

catmandu
09-22-2008, 05:07 PM
WELL ITS GOOD THAT YOU CAUGHT THAT IN TIME AND CAN NIP THAT IN THE BUD BEFORE IT GOT TO BE TOO ADVANCED.
WE HOPE THAT THEY ARE BACK AT HOME SAFE AND SOUND VERY, VERY SOON!!!:love::love:

StarandBratsmom
09-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Sadly, we've had a bunch of cats show up at my uncle's ranch with ringworm. Many owners don't know what it is and assume the cat is sick and then dump them. My uncle lives across the street from the zoo, people dump their animals there too.

shepgirl
09-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Just in case the vet didn't warn you, take precautions, humans can catch ringworm from animals - better safe than sorry...lol.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Just in case the vet didn't warn you, take precautions, humans can catch ringworm from animals - better safe than sorry...lol.

That is so true, my hubby & I both got it, after we took home our Zazou from the shelter:eek:. It went away after a few days (we had to put an ointment it).

Get better soon, dear Sooner:love::)

lvpets2002
09-23-2008, 04:27 PM
:( Awee poor wittle ones.. Yes I feel for you & the washing.. My Harley had them & Vet sent home ointment & a liquid stuff.. I also had to shampoo her with special shampoo.. Good Luck get well soon babies..

cassiesmom
09-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Get better quickly, Sooner!:D