PDA

View Full Version : Brat Update

StarandBratsmom
09-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone. Brat had been sick for a few days, and I have an appointment with the vet today but Saturday he looked horrible. So sick, he couldn't move so of course I called every single vet in my area and none of them were opened after noon. I was stressed, I had a migraine, and I wanted Brat to be ok.

So I called the city vet in Tulsa, they were opened early and late and all weekend for that matter. So I loaded him up and took him to Tulsa to a vet that is opened 24/7 none of the ones here are opened. He is more than half bobcat, so of course he had won the fight of NOT getting into the kennel, he slept in the backseat then he managed to climb in the seat next to me. We arrive at the vet and to find a waiting room full of dogs. So of course we are standing in line a the vet, I have him in my arms, the dogs are barking and Brat, my cat, is digging his claws so deep into my shoulders, I think he may have even touched my bones! JK. He did have a hold of me for dear life.

The vet finally saw him and said that physically he is fine, other than being fur on bones skinny. He is just sick, and gave me antibiotics to give, gave Brat cortizone and fixed him right up. That night he was feeling better, and today being Monday, he seems to be back to normal. The vet was a life saver, not only did he make my cat better but he gave me peace of mind.

Taz_Zoee
09-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Woo Hoo!! I'm glad to hear Brat is doing better. This sounds exactly like what happened with my Taz over a year ago.

Keep feeling better Brat! :D

StarandBratsmom
09-22-2008, 01:42 PM
lol yeah, I was so relieved. How long did it take for your cat to get better? Brat is back to normal but I decided to get him kitten chow so he will put the weight back on. Apparently Bobcats mature slower so he is technically still a kitten. Star, my chunky Monkey is getting regular cat chow.

Taz_Zoee
09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
The shots worked pretty good for Taz. I'd have to say over all it did take a good 3 maybe 4 months for him to be back to "normal". We had to take him back a few times to get another shot. They lasted about 30 days at a time. But then he hasn't had to have another since. I also started feeding him Cat Chow for indoor cats as well as canned food, a couple different brands. But now I have to have him on a special diet for his kidneys.

catmandu
09-23-2008, 03:14 PM
THATS WONDERFUL NEWS ABOUT BRAT!!
IF I COULD MAKE A SUGGESTION, I WOULD GET BRAT A FEW TRIAL BAGS, USUALLY BARGAIN PRICED OF ROYAL CANIN KITTEN FOOD AS ITS A BETTER QUALITY THAN KITTEN CHOW , AND THAT WILL HELP AS IT HAS WITH MY FOUND CATS PUT THE WEIGHT ON .
GOOD LUCK WITH BRAT , HE ARE PRAYING FOR MORE GREAT UPDATES!!:love::cool::D