PDA

View Full Version : Okay I have some news...

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-22-2008, 08:51 AM
I will not be getting Pyper. After much talking back and forth with the breeder, I mean hours and multiple visits, I have decided not to get Pyper. I am still getting a pup from her, she is a black tri. Her name will be Ryleigh. I am hoping to maybe get into more chihuahua things, maybe fun local conformation things and such with Ryleigh. Even though I loved Pyper's color she was not fitting standard. I wanted a "typey" chihuahua. Ryleigh fits the face, head, ears and so far her body structure that I am looking for. I avoided her originally because it took me a bit to get past the color. No offence to any one with a dark dog but I have always been partial to light colors, I believe due to a past experience with my black lab I owned that a heat stroke many years ago. I guess in the back of my mind I didn't want to like a dark dog because of fear of that happening again (anyone who has ever experiened that knows that it is one of the most horrible things to witness a dog go through). I went to visit her yesterday with a clean mind and no focusing on one certain thing and as soon as I picked her up she kissed my nose, I knew right away I was making the right decision. Don't worry about Pyper, she may be coming home to live with my MIL and if she does I will provide pictures as she will only live three blocks away. My MIL actually went with me on my second visit and really liked her. So we will have to see now if my FIL will let her get one. Fingers crossed.

So please welcome Ryleigh. Sorry I cut her ear off but holding her and taking the picture was not so easy LOL.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/our%20new%20chi/Bailey002.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/our%20new%20chi/Bailey058-1.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/our%20new%20chi/bailey3.jpg
Her mother Mocha
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/Pams%20pups/AAAAA.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/Pams%20pups/Bailey034.jpg
Her father Spike
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/marmadukechamp/Pams%20pups/AAAAA1.jpg
Ryleigh will be coming home around 10/03.

Taz_Zoee
09-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Awww, I'm sorry to hear you won't be getting Pyper, but I hope your MIL does. That would be perfect! :)
And welcome to PT Ryleigh! You are just adorable!!
Traci, I'm glad that you are dealing with your fear of a dark colored dog. I know you will do everything in your power, plus some, to take excellent care of this little girl along with your other three.
Looking at her parents, I would have to say they make VERY cute puppies, that's for sure!!
So she should be home in less than two weeks! Woo hoo!
:D :D :D

Karen
09-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Awww, she's adorable!

Pam
09-22-2008, 10:16 AM
AWWW! Already I am in love with Ryleigh! She sure looks like *Daddy's little Girl!* I fell in love with the little black puppy in Pyper's litter. Having had two black dogs I am sort of a black dog fan. ;) How did you come up with her name? This is actually a good news thread, because it seems that now we will get to see both Ryleigh and Pyper here at PT. :cool: Oh I hope your FIL gives the OK! Do you think your MIL will pick another name? I know there is much excitement at your house. The anticipation is killing me and I am 1,000+ miles away!

shepgirl
09-22-2008, 10:19 AM
That is one adorable pup...makes me want to go out and buy one.

Emeraldgreen
09-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Ryleigh is soooooooooooooo cute!! Look at those little legs!! :)

shais_mom
09-22-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm sure it was a heart tearing decision for you.
BOTH are GORGEOUS.
and adorable.
Fingers crossed for you MIL!
I would love to see both of them on PT.

Katelf
09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Congratulations on Ryleigh! This does sound like a good news story *crossing fingers*.

She is the cutest little thing. Pam, I'm kind of partial to black dogs too, lol. My mom, however, didn't care for them too much. *shrugs shoulders* I'm not completely sure why.

Anyway, a new pup is a wonderful thing, and I'm sure she'll bring everyone joy and smiles and great fun. :) Lots of pictures please! :D

Husky_mom
09-22-2008, 11:31 AM
for the sad part that I see... as Pyper´s not going with you... there´s a very happy side to it too.. she might as well go to your MIL AND you´ll be getting a second cutie!!... which means DOBLE CHI PICS!!... make that triple if you add Chopper boy ;)

she´s soo cute!!!... love the name too!...

many may pics are expected and DEMANDED!! ;)

Sevaede
09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
What a cute little puppy! :D She looks kind of like Spanky did but with lighter tan bits. :D

lvpets2002
09-22-2008, 12:06 PM
:love::love: kurrspplliisshh == Just me melting over this wittle Cutie Pie.. She is Adorable.. Welcome Ryleigh

Ginger's Mom
09-22-2008, 12:07 PM
She really does look like her daddy. Will she be a long hair chi, she looks kind of fluffy. We all like different things in our pups, that what makes them all special to us in different ways. As for me...I think she is Adorable! :D Can't wait to see lots more pictures of that cutie.

Pam
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Pam, I'm kind of partial to black dogs too, lol.

Katelf, my last black dog, before Ripley, was a FEMALE BLACK STANDARD POODLE just like Bodea! ;) (Her name was Whitney) :)

Freedom
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
OMG what an adorable little girl! I am sure it was a tough decision (don't you just wish you could keep the ALL?!) But at least you have thought things through and that is important all around. Good for you!

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful compliments. I struggled to get where I am today with my decision. I knew what I wanted in my next baby as far as looks, registration and to be a very typey dog so that I could potentially do things with her in the future. Granite pups change a lot but Ryleigh so far has great potential, not like I am going into the big leagues or anything for competing just hopefully fun local stuff. Pyper unfortunately is probably going to have too long of legs and possibly a longer nose than standard. And unforunately I just let myself get sucked in by color with her. Ryleigh's parents both have very nice pedigrees and I am hoping some of those genes were passed down =) So far she looks fantastic.

It was a very hard decision, I started having this feeling after I posted her 2nd visit pictures, that's why there was never a third visit. I was too mixed up. I had really become attached to Pyper but it was only because of her color. I kept looking at her wanting her to be built more like Ryleigh. My heart told me all along Pyper was not going to be what I was looking for but I ignored it. Her breeder is wonderful, I just love her and she spent many hours with me talking about it and helping me to really find the dog that fit what I wanted, without pushing me into taking any of them. She told me they will all find homes, you can wait for the next litter or the next for that "just right puppy". I kept coming back to Ryleigh though and we discussed her for a long time. She said well from the beginning I really felt she was more what you are looking for but I would never have talked you out of the one you chose, that has to be your decision, not mine. She told me to come back up, spend time with them all, watch them, come with a clear mind as if you are looking for the first time. Since I talked to her breeder three or four other people have tried to get Ryleigh, one who wanted her for a show home :eek:, the breeder turned her down too many red flags. I made my final decision yesterday. I spent three hours just playing and holding her, talking to the breeder.

I am truly hoping that my MIL gets Pyper, she just needs to get my FIL on board.

Yes I do wish I could keep them all LOL. If hubby gave me the okay I would probably bring both of them home LOL.

I was having a hard time with Pyper's name. Even though I kept coming back to Pyper nothing seemed to fit just right. After I decided to not get her but had not completely decided on Ryleigh yet (I was thinking if over, no jump the gun here) I was watching TV and a chararcter on TV was named Ryleigh. I thought...thats it! Thats the name. So Ryleigh it is;)

I thank all of you for understanding my decision. She is GORGEOUS, her pictures do not even do her justice. So if you can, imagine her even cuter in person =)

EDIT: I forgot to say, no she is a short coat chihuahua. Her father has a very nice thick coat though so she may end up with the same, her mother has a short smooth coat like Chopper has.

Rachel
09-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh my, another surprise. Ryleigh is just as sweet as she can be. How nice that the breeder was willing to spend so much time with you helping you to make your final decision (it is final? :p) That is a good sign that she will be there for you if you need post purchase help too.

We understand about the color preferences too. When I *fell in love* with a neighbor's white cockapoo, I knew that I wanted one just like her; however there were no white puppies in the litter when she had her pups. My little black puppy turned out to be a dog of a lifetime and her own daughter another much loved black little girl. But when the time came to mend my broken heart from losing my first girl after fourteen years, I found that white cockapoo I'd always wanted and her adopted brother was *color coordinated*, one of the traits that made me decide on taking him instead of searching for another girl (which I was looking for). Yet the love that I knew from those little black faces has made me wonder, should my life provide another opportunity to shelter one more canine, I wonder.....

Husky_mom
09-22-2008, 04:03 PM
what do you mean by "cuter in person"??... is that even possible??!!:eek::eek: ...;)

it´s hard to let go... more so with those cutesy lil faces... but when it´s not meant it´s just not meant... after all everyone is getting a happy ending...

soooo..... do you have more pics of the newbie? ;) and the oldies too...

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Yes, Ryleigh is most definitely coming home with me:love::love::love: And yes her breeder is a breeder that wants to keep in touch. She receives updated emails and pictures of all her past puppies. Plus we have become great friends over the past year :)

boomersooner
09-22-2008, 05:49 PM
She looks like she is going to be an outgoing little pup! Very cute!!!

cassiesmom
09-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Welcome, Ryleigh! And Pyper, wherever your forever home is, I wish you all the best.

Daisy and Delilah
09-24-2008, 10:00 PM
I've just been out of town for a few days and I return to see that Pam has been nice enough to send me a PM about this thread. Thanks Pam!!!

I guess everyone already knows I'm, practically speechless!!!! Traci. I'm sorry you're not getting that cutie patootie, Pyper. However, you have ended up with a baby Delilah!!!! I'm beside myself with happiness. Ryleigh, Mom, and Dad are adorable!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see more of her.

Pam, I'll be calling a cardiologist first thing tomorrow morning!!:eek:

kallisto4529
09-25-2008, 04:50 AM
She is beautiful!!!! Your heart knows the right decision for you and I think you made the right one....Her coloring she almost looks like a minature of my Reilly!!!!! lol

Pam
09-25-2008, 05:39 AM
However, you have ended up with a baby Delilah!!!!

I thought you might say that!! She looks a lot like I imagine Delilah did as a baby pup! :love: Oh Traci, we are all counting the days (as I know you are!)

Daisy and Delilah
09-25-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm typing from the cardio examining table. ;)
:) :) :)

This is so cool that I can see Delilah as a baby.:D