PDA

View Full Version : I need Advice and NOW.....UPDATE post 14

mr.chiwawa
09-21-2008, 06:02 PM
So Mister was playing on the bed running around and such. Then I noticed that one of this teeth fell out. I called the ER vet and they said to bring him in if it looks as if the tooth broke off. Now here is where it gets hard. I can't tell if it has broken off or not. Thus I dont know wether to bring him in or not. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me I dont know what to do. Bring him in or wait a few days...due to work I wouldnt beable to get him to the normal vet until tuesday.

pomtzu
09-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Well if it was my dog and he wasn't in any kind of pain - I'd wait. It isn't anything life threatening.

Karen
09-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Does it have a root? Or is there a broken rest of a tooth still in his mouth? Put it in a cup of milk if it is a broken tooth, and get him there now. Otherwise you can wait, as they won't be able to repair it by Tuesday. If the whole tooth fell out, I don't think there is much they can do.

Giselle
09-21-2008, 06:25 PM
How old is he? Could it be a retained deciduous baby tooth that suddenly decides it wants out?

Catlady711
09-21-2008, 06:35 PM
A whole tooth should have a smooth rounded end for a root, something like this (for a canine tooth anyways).... http://www.readingmuseum.org.uk/handson/poempics/dogtooth3.jpg

If it doesn't have something like that, or similar if it's a multi root tooth, then there is probably a broken part still in the jaw.

mr.chiwawa
09-21-2008, 11:26 PM
So I took Mister to our local ER vet. And the verdict is it is broken off.:rolleyes::(
They dont do dental work there so I still have to see our regular vet. They gave me an antibotic untill I could get to see the vet....Oh but wait the story doesnt end there.. this is Mister we are talking about:p
I came home and gave him the dose as they ordered and guess what happened...
He had a allergic reaction to it. I called and told them They said he could have some bendryl and watch him:love::love:
So after a pricy and so far sleepless night I would LOVE some prayers and paws crossed for when we go to the vet Tuesday I promise to keep you all updated and thanks a million for you quick responses.

PS...Mister is 2 years old..

chocolatepuppy
09-22-2008, 05:01 AM
Poor Mister and poor you. Many prayers for Mister.

beeniesmom
09-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Awww, poor little pup. I hope he doesn't feel it.
Sorry that you and mister are having to go through this.

Taz_Zoee
09-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Aww, poor Mister AND poor mommy!!
I will be hoping all goes well at the vet tomorrow and until then. :)

shepgirl
09-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Sorry about the broken tooth. I hope it won't mean surgery to get the root out, although in some cases it's a must. Some vets have some sort of dremel that they can just file and make the tooth non abrasive, depending on the break. I hope this is all you'll have to pay for...let us know how it turns out...

Catlady711
09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear about the broken tooth, sleepless night, and another trip to the vets. Hopefully things will get back to normal very soon.

Some vets have some sort of dremel that they can just file and make the tooth non abrasive, depending on the break. I hope this is all you'll have to pay for...let us know how it turns out...

I think you must be thinking of a chipped tooth that isn't down to the nerve, in which case then yes they can just file it to make it non abrasive. If it's broken down to the nerve they'd have to either remove the nerve or the tooth or it would be very painful for the dog.

Rachel
09-22-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm so very sorry that Mister is having such a problem. It must be so upsetting for you. I shall keep the little buddy in my prayers.

boomersooner
09-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Poor little guy! Cassie broke off or filed off all of her fang teeth sometime in her life...probably from all of the chewing on sticks and pecans she has done. Keep us posted!

mr.chiwawa
09-26-2008, 10:51 PM
So I took Mister to Dr. Jim ( our regular vet) on tuesday. He said that no worries the tooth wasn't even his:eek::eek::eek:. It is a cat tooth. My parents have cats and apparently while the cat was up on their bed it fell out. Then when Mister and I went over, Mister was running on their bed and when I found it I thought it was his.:p
So the good news is he didn't loose it. However he does have a late blooming baby tooth that is poking through. So he is to stay on the anitbotic so where the tooth is comming through doesnt aggervate the gum. Thanks a million for all the prayers and crossed paws. :):):)

chocolatepuppy
09-27-2008, 05:44 AM
Whew, what a relief, at least for Mister maybe not for the cat! That's funny when Jake was little hubby found one of Jake's puppy teeth in Layla's mouth.:D