PDA

View Full Version : Litter scoops...helpful hint

moosmom
09-20-2008, 12:06 PM
I use "All Natural Unscented Scoopable Cat Litter. I've learned a new trick after trying to scrape the equivalent of cement from the bottom of your box. What a pain. Especially when it's still wet and sticks to the scoop.

Helpful hint:

After thorough bleaching both the box and scoop and drying them, spray the inside bottom of the box and the scoop with PAM (vegetable spray). It prevents the litter from sticking on either.

:D:D:D:D

RICHARD
09-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Helpful hint:

After thorough bleaching both the box and scoop and drying them, spray the inside bottom of the box and the scoop with PAM (vegetable spray). It prevents the litter from sticking on either.

:D:D:D:D

Regular Pam or the Olive Oil flavored stuff?

moosmom
09-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Whatever fluffs your skirt, big fella!!:D

RICHARD
09-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Whatever fluffs your skirt, big fella!!:D

Well,

I just want to know what flavor I can expect when I hear the cat scratching in the box and then makes a bee line for his spot on the bed at 2 a.m.
;)

Another question?

Will it make the cat slide around on the tile and does it make Frito feet non-stick?

kitten645
09-20-2008, 03:42 PM
PAM is expensive. There are lots of generic brands that are cheaper. I got mine at the dollar store. I wouldn't dream of using it on food but I figure it's good enough for pee biscuits :rolleyes::D

pomtzu
09-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Well,

I just want to know what flavor I can expect when I hear the cat scratching in the box and then makes a bee line for his spot on the bed at 2 a.m.
;)

Another question?

Will it make the cat slide around on the tile and does it make Frito feet non-stick?

Thanks for my daily chuckle!!!!! :D:D:D

catmandu
09-20-2008, 05:19 PM
THANK YOU FOR THAT TIP, I HATE WHEN EARLY IN THE MORNING I FIND THAT THE CATS HAVE ALL PEED IN ONE CORNER , AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE MOVING CONCRETE.
HAS ANYONE SEEN THE LITTER BOXES WITH THE ROUNDED CORNERS THATS SUPPOSED TO ELIMINATE THAT???:confused::confused:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/470dbbd9.jpg

Catty1
09-20-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't use the clumping litter...but I do have one of those stainless steel gizmos that you put olive oil in (or another pure and light oil), pump it up, and spray. They are a lot more durable than they used to be - and they cost about $15.

Might not be a bad idea for the box anyway! Thanks for the tip!

RICHARD - I thought DAWGS had Frito Feet?:p