PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber and Cats-Dangerous mix!

RICHARD
09-19-2008, 02:16 PM
People who own blankets, clothes or furniture covered in MF know the dangers of microfiber and cats.

It attracts them and some of the side effects for your cat and you are/is-
Lap fungus, limbs that fall asleep, inability to get the cat off your blanket, long periods of unconciousness, fights over who's blanket/couch/chair it is, a makeshift robe/nighty, in inability to walk-when you have the cat in your lap.

-----------------------

I washed a MF throw/blankie and no sooner than I had folded it and put in on the couch, ED was sound asleep on top!:rolleyes:

jazzcat
09-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Around here with seven cat a microfiber blanket will look like a fur blanket in a day. I gave up and put my microfiber in storage.

cassiesmom
09-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Hmmm, interesting. I have a similar problem with a cat and a fleece throw. Especially the symptom of disagreement over whose throw it actually is. From the cat's perspective I obviously have not learned that everything in the house belongs to the cat first, me second.

lvpets2002
09-19-2008, 03:41 PM
:) Yup its for sure contagious around my house.. Well with all of the furr babies its pretty much covered in cat furr now..

sugarpaws
09-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I was getting ready to read concerning, disheartening news and then...So, I guess you got me with this one:D
Marina

catmandu
09-19-2008, 04:55 PM
AT THE FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CATS HOTEL THOSE ARE ADVANTAGES, NOT DISADVANTAGES!!
THE MORE LAP CATS , THE BETTER!!!:cool::):D

Medusa
09-19-2008, 09:17 PM
I had some ultra fine microfiber furniture that became the cats' the second I had it delivered. Got rid of every piece except one. Lesson learned.

mrspunkysmom
09-19-2008, 11:01 PM
I hope you find unclean litter in your bed tonight.

Really!!

That scared me, the title. I was ready to throw away the blankets until at the last sentence I realized it was a joke. I laughed but it was the laughter of relief.

RICHARD
09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
DAY TWO.

I still haven't had the chance to use MY blanket......It's right where I left it yesterday....with one cat passed out on it.:eek:

Medusa
09-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Give it up, Richard. The blanket is history. ;)

orangemm
09-21-2008, 11:03 AM
What she said............it's hopeless. Bow out gracefully!

joycenalex
09-21-2008, 11:20 AM
my cat mojo said for me to tell you to place said blanet in a sunny spot on the chair facing the open window, and slowly back out of the room. :cool:

RICHARD
09-21-2008, 01:11 PM
my cat mojo said for me to tell you to place said blanet in a sunny spot on the chair facing the open window, and slowly back out of the room. :cool:

My cat, his blanket.

He's always in the window anyway, I guess I should make it comfy for him!:p

RICHARD
09-22-2008, 02:14 PM
I just had a half hour on the couch with two of my favorite things.

Microfibers and warm cat.

You have to love fall!:D

GILL
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Basic house rule. ANYTHING THAT COMES INTO A HOUSE BELONGS TO THE CAT OR CATS.
This a rule that most humans do not understand. The humans may be alowed to use an item, but only with the cats purr-mission.

RICHARD
09-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Wow, I had a nice day today.

I spent 15 minutes of couch time with the cat and his blankie!!!

I am blessed!

janelle
09-24-2008, 01:11 AM
I have a fuzzy blanket but my little girl wants me to sit down so she can jump up on my lap and suck on it while she does the thing with her paws. She will lay in the blanket sometimes but her favorite is when it is on me and she is "nursing." LOL. I get a massage as well. Silly thing.

RICHARD
09-24-2008, 07:41 PM
I have a fuzzy blanket but my little girl wants me to sit down so she can jump up on my lap and suck on it while she does the thing with her paws.

Making bread/biscuits!

I get a massage too, but I have to be very still. If I move an inch the Edser will jump up and run!

Now that it's getting cooler I am being constantly being stalked- the second I stop, I get warm cat arse in my lap! You have to love it!:D

janelle
09-24-2008, 11:39 PM
That is what I miss about my last cat. He loved to sit on my lap to get warm and sleep near my side in bed. My Siamese now is sorta claustrophobic since he doesn't like to be covered up or on a lap unless he is standing and not for long. My little girl is better to lay on a lap but not for long. She will sleep at the bottom of the bed at night though.