PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 most destructive dogs :)

Pam
09-19-2008, 06:06 AM
I just ran across this today and thought it was interesting although the answers seem surprising. How could a chihuahua be almost as destructive as a great dane? :eek::p
http://doggies.com/blog/2008/09/16/top-ten-tuesday-most-destructive-dogs/

Of course we don't have a lot of info here, i.e., do these pet owners use a crate for training or just let the dogs run loose unsupervised? At any rate, it made me smile because I remember the puppyhood days. The worst thing Bella ever did was find a little piece of "unglued down" wallpaper and tug on it which made it pull up off the wall. She did this right in front of me while I was on the phone! :o:rolleyes:

wolf_Q
09-19-2008, 08:14 AM
No siberian husky? Now that is surprising! Maybe the chihuahua "destruction" is peeing in the house. ;)

Karen
09-19-2008, 09:28 AM
I wonder how closely that list reflects the ten most popular breeds in Great Britain? After all, it is just based on the number of insurance claims. I mean, has anyone here seriously called in a claim for their insurance because a puppy soiled the rug?

Daisy and Delilah
09-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Good point, Amy. I can see the Chis peeing in the house but those little teeth on D and D are hardly destructive otherwise.:)

Ginger's Mom
09-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Wait a minute, I could have filed an insurance claim for the damage that ginger did by digging a hole in my carpet and chewing on my wall? I never knew that.

Catlady711
09-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I didn't know you could turn pet damage into your insurance company!:eek:

chocolatepuppy
09-21-2008, 04:33 PM
11. Jake :rolleyes:

Pam
09-21-2008, 05:19 PM
11. Jake :rolleyes:
AWWW Annette, it's hard to believe that such a sweet looking dog could be capable of rating their own # on this poll. I think in Jake's case, I think *THE DEVIL MADE HIM DO IT* (whatever it was, that he did :p ) :D

Spicy_Bulldog
09-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah I think that is a little weird. Pit Bulls are some of the most destructive dogs I've seen, of course they don't have them there. Not all are destructive in the least bit but some certainly are. Mine have chewed trees, guaranteed "chew proof" dog house, kongs that are supposed to be tough, the similar "pit bull tested" guaranteed rhino toy, tons of other things.

I guess it would kind of depend on the destruction. Chis can be bad little chewers and while they don't usually destroy such big things it could be an expensive item. Our pit breeder friend who passed away had a Chi who would chew and chewed up the house phone cord a few times. If they chewed the cord off something very expensive that'd be a big claim.

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Hmmmm, I have no problems with chihuahua destruction in my home, peeing or otherwise unless taking tissues out of the bathroom trash count and leaving me little pieces on the bathroom floor LOL. Neither of my boxers were destructive either....I guess I have gotten pretty lucky:D Good gosh I hope I did not just jinx myself LOL.

dreamparkingspace
09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
The most destructive dog is...

1. A puppy of any breed!

chocolatepuppy
09-22-2008, 05:20 PM
AWWW Annette, it's hard to believe that such a sweet looking dog could be capable of rating their own # on this poll. I think in Jake's case, I think *THE DEVIL MADE HIM DO IT* (whatever it was, that he did :p ) :D

Ha ha Pam, Jake is the chewingest puppy I've had in a while.:rolleyes: I always wanted to name a dog Chewy, guess I missed my chance! Maybe Chewy can be his middle name.;)

4 Dog Mother
09-23-2008, 11:38 AM
I sure can believe the beagle one. Oreo was the result of an accident between a poodle and beagle. She destroyed anything she could get her little mouth on. She chewed up couch cushions, chair cushions, toys, shoes, on end tables. Anything that fell or was on the floor was in her territory. I have never had a dog so destructive as she. The ones I have know (knock on wood) all together have been less destructive than she was. The only thing I can say in her favor was that I worked during the day and when the kids came home from school they would let her out of her crate and then disappear. She was shut in to half of the house - kitchen, dining room and family room so some of it she did out of boredom and also out of spite. (and do not try to tell me that some dogs don't know about getting even).

lute
09-23-2008, 01:02 PM
No siberian husky? Now that is surprising! Maybe the chihuahua "destruction" is peeing in the house. ;)

I was shocked not to see any Sibes either!

Twisterdog
09-23-2008, 07:29 PM
12. Aspen the Challenged JRT

She has peeled our wallpaper off in strips, from the height she can reach standing on her back legs to the baseboards, all through the hallway. Once finished with that, she proceeded to chew the banisters of our stairway, like a beaver working on a big tree.

molucass
09-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Deebo is a chihuahua.. He tears up every toy he comes in contact with. Specifically stuffed toys. We got him a toy from Petco that was is "tougher", and it has no fuzz or a squeaker in it.. He won't even touch it.. lol.. He doesn't like them unless he can tear them up. He has also done his share of chewing up other things that he shouldn't have.

Alize' (Pit Bull) on the other hand, has toys she has had since she was 4 weeks old, that are still not torn up. She did chew up a water hose though.