PDA

View Full Version : Okies....printer port question....

Catty1
09-18-2008, 09:50 PM
How does one find the correct port for one of their printers? Does each printer use a different port?

Thanks!

Hellow
09-19-2008, 08:56 PM
How does one find the correct port for one of their printers? Does each printer use a different port?

Thanks!

Do you mean port as in TCP/UDP internet ports, or Parallel/Serial/USB Local ports?

Catty1
09-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Local ports. I am 99% sure.

It's a multifunction running through a router into the computer. Can't get it to scan etc from computer commands nohow. (This is the machine with the "TWAIN" problem).

I have looked up some info on the unit and sent it to the guy...but will likely just have to go over there and do it myself. :rolleyes:

I have also emailed a printer tech I know about the BIOS maybe being toasted and how expensive that would be.

Hellow
09-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Local ports. I am 99% sure.

It's a multifunction running through a router into the computer. Can't get it to scan etc from computer commands nohow. (This is the machine with the "TWAIN" problem).

I have looked up some info on the unit and sent it to the guy...but will likely just have to go over there and do it myself. :rolleyes:

I have also emailed a printer tech I know about the BIOS maybe being toasted and how expensive that would be.

Well, you are talking about TCP/UDP Ports if you are running it through a router. I really don't know how TWAIN interfaces with a computer over a network, other than you need to set your firewall to allow connections on the local network on whatever port TWAIN uses.