PDA

View Full Version : Good People

NicoleLJ
09-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I had a surprise today. I had to go to the post office to pick up a parcel and to do that I have to pass several schools. I am new here so I had no idea what to expect. I have delt with it all through. THe cat calls, barking, growling(all from PEOPLE) being rushed at on bikes, scooters, scateboards and coming to a skiding hault to try and scare us.

So when I saw a teen age boy coming towards us on the sidewalk on his skateboard going back and forth I had no idea what to expect. But he decided to surprise me. 5 feet before he got to me he stopped, picked up his board, smiled at me, said "nice dog" and then as soon as he was 5 feet past he was back on his board. This seems like such a minor thing to make a post about. But to me it is not. Kindness like this from children, teenagers and adults happen all the time sadly it is only the cruel or mean acts we seem to remember or dewel on.

Karen
09-18-2008, 12:07 AM
How nice! Thanks for sharing a happy story!

moosmom
09-18-2008, 09:59 AM
What a great kid. Too bad more kids weren't taught the kind of manners that kid had. His parents should be commended and proud!!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
09-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow, what a nice kid! I'm glas that kid was so respectful to you!

Cataholic
09-18-2008, 01:48 PM
That was very nice. I hope the appreciation was shown to the young man! Sometimes, people may venture out and do a good deed, yet, it goes unnoticed.

I will never forget my son struggling to hold the door open for a woman and her child at his school. Both of them walked right past and said nary a word.
He was too young to notice their lack of manners. I wasn't.

shepgirl
09-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Makes me appreciate where I live so much more. I've not once encountered , cat calls, barking, growling for anyone, and have never had anyone young or old, rush me on skateboards, scooters or skates no matter where I go. Even the cars will slow down and give me room. I hope I never have to move from this little corner of paradise.

Medusa
09-18-2008, 09:25 PM
It's always nice to hear stories of courteous young people and I'm sure that, if the parents knew, they'd be proud and rightfully so.

caseysmom
09-19-2008, 01:04 PM
There are good and bad wherever one goes, I am glad you had such a positive encounter.

phesina
09-19-2008, 01:40 PM
I LOVE :love::love::love: to hear stories of nice kids. There is so much awful news out there about young people, it's good to be reminded that they aren't ALL like the ones in the scary news reports.