PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 283 - I've FALLen and I can't..

RICHARD
09-17-2008, 07:40 PM
...Believe it's that time of year to change all the clocks in the house are almost here!

How's about some mulled wine for the cool weather?

DONE?

Puckstop31
09-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Sam Adams Oktoberfest! :love:

Cool breeze, brisk mornings... Deer season. :love:

Taking the AC's out of the window. :love:

Fall is my favorite season. Bring it on.

davidpizzica
09-17-2008, 08:21 PM
RICHARD, mulled wine will be the perfect touch here. When I go back to work, I'll be looking forward to leaf cleaning on the course. It's a wonderful time of the year!

RICHARD
09-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Sam Adams Oktoberfest! :love:

sliding one down the bartop..

One SA Oktoberfest?

DONE!

Now I have to go over the rules here at the virtual bar!

There are two rules,

One, You have to check all your worries and fears at the front door and nothing but fun is allowed.

Two, The price of membership is one clean joke of any size or shape.

We meet weekly, starting on Wednesdays, For the people on the other side of the international date line, Greenwich Meridian, and in accordance
to Local PST.:confused::rolleyes:

We have state of the art entertainment and other fun sport bar stuff to do.

We also have a large (the LARGEST in any virtual bar in the world) Giganto Screen TV for NASCAR, NFL and Playoff games!

We are open 24/7 and you do have access to the kitchen and bar should you need it.

Welcome and thank you for your patronage!

David,

A mulled mug o'wine....

No drinking and raking either!

Karen
09-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Mulled cider please! Tastes and smells like the heart of autumn - maybe that's just because Grandpa had an orchard - many kinds of apple trees, pear, quince, and we'd spend some afternoons picking the fruit. My favorite tree was the one - maybe the Northern Spy, or the Wolf River tree, don't remember which it was, but it had a low branch that grew funny enough to make a perfect seat on which to relax - until Grandpa caught us and made us pick more fruit!

Also was a black walnut tree, and I was allowed to gather the husks and make ink from them, which was really fun! Black walnuts - by the way - must have been the origin of the phrase "a hard nut to crack." Don't even TRY unless you have a good cast-iron nutcracker, and then the challenge is to crack the shell without smashing the contents. Yummy nuts but a whole lotta work!

RICHARD
09-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Mulled cider please!

Also was a black walnut tree, and I was allowed to gather the husks and make ink from them, which was really fun! Black walnuts - by the way - must have been the origin of the phrase "a hard nut to crack." Don't even TRY unless you have a good cast-iron nutcracker, and then the challenge is to crack the shell without smashing the contents. Yummy nuts but a whole lotta work!

LOL, even an artiste back then?

The last cheap cracker would pinch the skin off of my hands....it was a hand held model!!!

One Mulled Cider?

DONE..

I didn't have to 'mull' that one order over?:rolleyes::confused::)

zippy-kat
09-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Black walnuts ... a whole lotta work!

Staci L:love:VES walnuts. Just ask her! ;)

Moesha
09-17-2008, 09:33 PM
sliding one down the bartop..

There are two rules,

One, You have to check all your worries and fears at the front door and nothing but fun is allowed.

Two, The price of membership is one clean joke of any size or shape.

I paid my joke last week (Picabo, ICU), do I need another this week?

RICHARD
09-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Staci L:love:VES walnuts. Just ask her! ;)

Walnuts for the peanut gallery?

DONE!

Moesha,
Nope one per memberhip!

Whatcha gals drinking?

gini
09-17-2008, 11:42 PM
I love fall, but I don't like the time change. I hate it when it is already dark at 4:30 pm. It means I have to use the rope to get home.
(only Richard will understand that line:D)

Has anyone ever had ginger beer? Non-alcoholic and yummy.

Oh, and I found a recipe for Staci - wonder if she will try it out? She could make it for her neighbor! (hee hee)

(see Dear You thread)

RICHARD
09-18-2008, 01:16 AM
I love fall, but I don't like the time change. I hate it when it is already dark at 4:30 pm. It means I have to use the rope to get home.
(only Richard will understand that line:D)

Has anyone ever had ginger beer? Non-alcoholic and yummy.

Oh, and I found a recipe for Staci - wonder if she will try it out? She could make it for her neighbor! (hee hee)

(see Dear You thread)

LOL treacherous ride home.

OH ginger beer.,
I love Vernor's!

That's good for iky tummy!

One GB?

DONE!

Medusa
09-18-2008, 08:19 AM
I'm not very sophisticated; I can't seem to drink alcohol any more. Is hot chocolate ok? No, I take that back! Coffee w/a little bit of Bailey's Irish Cream in it? That I can handle. And I think I already told the joke some time ago, so am I in?

lvpets2002
09-18-2008, 10:43 AM
:o Yes lets get out the Hammocks & Snooze in the cool breeze.. Hey lets me try some coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream in it.. Can we go ahead & roast some pumpkin seeds to snack on in the hammock??

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/48464.gif

Medusa
09-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Mmmm, pumpkin seeds toasted w/olive oil and garlic salt. Yum!

lvpets2002
09-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Mmmm, pumpkin seeds toasted w/olive oil and garlic salt. Yum!

:) Oh Yes Yum Yum == Hey look who I found.. The Pumpkins with Fall Leaves..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/3540.jpg

RedHedd
09-18-2008, 12:46 PM
We don't change the clocks back until November. Is northern California different from SoCal this year? :confused:

I do need the flannel sheets on my bed and soup for lunch yesterday was SO good.

Hot chocolate with marshmallows for me right now :)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2008, 12:53 PM
We don't change the clocks back until November. Is northern California different from SoCal this year? :confused:

Yep, we don't change em til November here in Kansas either. The government changed it from October to November last year. Also change earlier in the spring now too. :D

I'd love a cup of spiced orange tea for me and cat nip teas for the cats please. I also want something gooie and chocolaty and yummy!!!

Puckstop31
09-18-2008, 02:19 PM
OK, the fee... :)

Snagged this from another BB.

"Cardiologist's Funeral

A Cardiologist died and was given an elaborate funeral. A huge heart
covered in flowers stood behind the casket during the service. Following
the eulogy, the heart opened, and the casket rolled inside. The heart
then closed, sealing the doctor in the beautiful heart forever.

At that point, one of the mourners burst into laughter. When all eyes
stared at him, he said, 'I'm sorry, I was just thinking of my own
funeral..... ..I'm a Gynecologist. '

The Proctologist fainted "

:D

catland
09-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Moesha - don't worry - one joke gets you a lifetime membership!

That Irish coffee sounds good. With cheesecake?:D

lvpets2002
09-18-2008, 03:20 PM
:p PuckStop that was a good one.. I am still chuckling..

smokey the elder
09-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Puckstop31's joke makes me think of the one scene of the OB/GYN conference in Patch Adams. Suffice it to say, the doorway was very interesting...:p

It got chilly in a hurry! On Sunday it was almost 90 deg F with 75% humidity and I had the AC on. Now it's supposed to get down to the low 40s tonight. I think some hot mulled cider would definitely hit the spot.

RICHARD
09-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm not very sophisticated; I can't seem to drink alcohol any more. Is hot chocolate ok? No, I take that back! Coffee w/a little bit of Bailey's Irish Cream in it? That I can handle. And I think I already told the joke some time ago, so am I in?

YOu are in!

Coffee with a shot o' Bailey's?

DONE!

LP,
A hammock and a cool breeze, coffee and Bailey's.

Let me fire up the oven and start roasting!

DONE!

REDD,
LOL, the only thing I know is that when football shows up on the telly, it's time to change clocks?

Hot choco and marshmallows. ANd no marshmallow fights!

DONE!

MOFF,
You are correct, no clock changing until NOVEMBER!

One Tea for you and CNT for the kids!
DONE!

PS3-
Used to work with doctors, sounds about right!

Another beer?
DONE?

HI CL!

Cider and Cheesecake? you got it!

Say hi to the folks tonight?;)

DONE!

STE,

Global COOLING! A mulled cider?

DONE!

Medusa
09-18-2008, 03:55 PM
I think I'd like some bread pudding w/warm cream drizzled over it and my coffee w/Bailey's. Oh man, am I ever salivating now!

RICHARD
09-18-2008, 06:09 PM
I think I'd like some bread pudding w/warm cream drizzled over it and my coffee w/Bailey's. Oh man, am I ever salivating now!

A napkin, bowl of bread pudding and a spoon, Coffee and Bailey's?

DONE!

davidpizzica
09-18-2008, 06:43 PM
RICHARD, I'll have an order of that bread pudding and coffee with Bailey's. I'm tired because today was my first day back to work in three months and I was a little tired!

RICHARD
09-18-2008, 06:51 PM
RICHARD, I'll have an order of that bread pudding and coffee with Bailey's. I'm tired because today was my first day back to work in three months and I was a little tired!

An Orc foot massage, bread pudding and a hot coffee with Bailey's!

DONE!

davidpizzica
09-18-2008, 07:02 PM
An Orc foot massage, bread pudding and a hot coffee with Bailey's!

DONE!

Believe it or not, RICHARD Orc DOES have a delicate touch and knows how to give good massages!

cassiesmom
09-18-2008, 09:28 PM
How's about some mulled wine for the cool weather?

No, thank you ... but, is there any coffee brewing? There is! Yay!

Medusa
09-18-2008, 09:34 PM
An Orc foot massage,
<<< Vas dis?

Lady'sOtherHuman
09-18-2008, 10:07 PM

Ya see, that's the greatest thing about Thursday's everything is hypoallergenic, non-caloric and won't physically hurt you in any way so you can drink just about anything you want.

Barkeep I'll have some chai tea please and I brought some pumpkin pie and whipped cream to help celebrate fall. Any takers.

Karen
09-18-2008, 10:09 PM
I'll have some pumpkin pie, thanks! :) North and West of here is under threat of frost tonight, so Richard, your title for this thread was quite timely!

Lady'sOtherHuman
09-18-2008, 10:19 PM
That would be me the good mayor is talking about. We're on frost advisory tonight. So Karen would you like a normal size piece or a "Ma" sized piece?

RICHARD
09-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Pumpkin pie!!!

MMMMMMMM!

I'll put on the coffee.
DONE!

Medusa,

We have an Orc, Yes, from the Lord of the Rings as a personal butler, gopher and bon vivant!

and Pool Boy!

Moesha
09-18-2008, 11:29 PM
I need the pool boy! After having a leak in the pool all summer and spending who knows how much in water trying to keep it maintained, we finally got it closed. Seems that the leak is in the lines somewhere! I hate that thing!

Now I don't know why, but I'd like a blueberry milkshake. :cool:

RICHARD
09-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Now I don't know why, but I'd like a blueberry milkshake. :cool:

One BBMS....
DONE!

Hokay, I finally figured out the "I drink your milkshake" line.

It has no relevance to anything at all.

So,
You drink your milkshake!:D

RedHedd
09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
No marshmallow fights? BAH! You're no phun! :D

A piece of that pumpkin pie sounds devine. Extra whipped cream too plez.

pomtzu
09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Membership fee - one joke coming up:

THE NAGGING WIFE

An elderly man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife passed away. The undertaker told the husband, "You can have your wife shipped back home for $5000, or you can bury her here in the Holy Land for $150." The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home.

The undertaker asked, "Why would spend $5000 to ship her home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would only have to spend $150?"

The man replied, "Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can't take that chance!"

Now I'll place my order:

Warm roasted chestnuts and a cup of eggnog sprinkled with nutmeg.

I know - it sounds more like Christmas - I'm just in fast forward!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-19-2008, 01:00 PM
I know - it sounds more like Christmas - I'm just in fast forward!

Well, it is almost Christmas. The stores have the Halloween and fall stuff out here. I'm sure Christmas stuff will be out next week or two. ;) :D

Richard, I feel the need for some apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
YUMMY!

RICHARD
09-19-2008, 02:00 PM
No marshmallow fights? BAH! You're no phun! :D

A piece of that pumpking pie sounds devine. Extra whipped cream too plez.

Well, O.K. just this once.....FIRE AWAY!
:D:p
DONE!

POM,

That was funny-I like the naughty religious ones.

One bag o' chestnuts and a nog with some sinnamon.
:eek:

DONE!

MOFF,

Apple pie and some FRENCH vanilla isc cream!

DONE!

Karen
09-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey, Jenn! A normal-size piece please - not hungry enough for a "Ma" size piece! ;)

Hmm, some chai please, sweet, warm, fragrant and yummy, and excellent with pie!

lvpets2002
09-19-2008, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Karen;2063919]Hey, Jenn! A normal-size piece please - not hungry enough for a "Ma" size piece! ;)

:) Oh yes yummy yummy.. Karen how about this size of Apple Pie with Ice Cream??

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/ApplePie6A.jpg

RedHedd
09-19-2008, 03:59 PM
THWAP! :D

Look what I found!

The 40 Foot Marshmallow Blaster.
Only available from Hammacher Schlemmer, this pump-action, pneumatic gun shoots sweet, edible marshmallows (or a handful of miniature marshmallows) up to 40'. The easy-to-refill bolt action design ensures fast, nonstop action. Front grip is detachable for easy cleanup. Includes carrying case. Ages 12 and up. The manufacturer has confirmed that this item meets all U.S. Federal toy safety standards, including safety standards for lead. 6" H x 2 1/2" W x 15" L. (2 lbs.)

slick
09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
** ducks before getting hit by flying marshmallows **

Please, I need a drink quick before I go completely insane......just more WURK issues. God I hate my job.

RICHARD
09-19-2008, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=Karen;2063919]Hey, Jenn! A normal-size piece please - not hungry enough for a "Ma" size piece! ;)

:) Oh yes yummy yummy.. Karen how about this size of Apple Pie with Ice Cream??

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/ApplePie6A.jpg

"Ma sized piece!" I love it!!!

Redd,

LOL,

THe Orc wants to know who shot a marshmallow at him bum when he was bent over.....:eek: You are in trouble now!!!

Slick.

I always said that I loved my job,
It was the people that I hated.

Here's a Bloody mary with a Bloody Mary chaser!!

DONE!

slick
09-22-2008, 10:24 AM
So, is the bar still open??? I suspect so but it seems too quiet in here.

It's going to be a long week...my last week before vacation...well, maybe, maybe not. It's a long story.

One Spanish Coffee for the road please...and one for me. Ta!

Have a good week everyone.

sparks19
09-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I need something with some hard liquor in it lol.

This is going to be a busy busy week. I'm not ready to face the fact that my baby is almost one year old and NOT a little baby anymore lol. Only 6 days.

We have a lot of people coming and I have a lot to get done still... which is hard because I don't drive so we cant' really get anything done until after Brian is done work. At least my in laws will be here Wednesday night and my MIL is excited to help out so we can get a lot done in those two days.

I just hate sitting here knowing there is stuff that needs to be done but I can't do it at this exact moment lol.

SOOOOOOOO... pour me something tall and strong :D

RICHARD
09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
So, is the bar still open??? I suspect so but it seems too quiet in here.

It's going to be a long week...my last week before vacation...well, maybe, maybe not. It's a long story.

One Spanish Coffee for the road please...and one for me. Ta!

Have a good week everyone.

Spanish Coffee for the road and one for Slick, have a good time!

DONE!

Sparks,
One Long Island Ice Tea,
That's alcohol!:cool:

DONE!

sparks19
09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Spanish Coffee for the road and one for Slick, have a good time!

DONE!

Sparks,
One Long Island Ice Tea,
That's alcohol!:cool:

DONE!

that sounds good to me :)

did just the trick. takes the edge off LOL

RICHARD
09-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I want onion rings!

Anyone up for some?:D

gini
09-22-2008, 08:16 PM
YEAH! With a big ice-cold Pepsi please!!

Karen
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
I want onion rings!

Real one, right, not the processed, shredded and machine-shaped gunk some places try to call onion rings?

If so, I'll take some! :) 'cause the calories here don't count! :)

RICHARD
09-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Real one, right, not the processed, shredded and machine-shaped gunk some places try to call onion rings?

If so, I'll take some! :) 'cause the calories here don't count! :)I saw a part of a cooking show and the chef made some!!!!

Da real thing!

DONE!

GINI,

One order o' rings and an Ice cold Pepsi!

DONE!

lvpets2002
09-23-2008, 12:02 PM
:) Oh yes yum yum for some onion rings.. Lets me get some ketsup.. BarKeeper a bigg Ice Tea w/lemon please..

Here is some Sunny Boy recipe Oinon Rings

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/92198.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I want onion rings!

I want some too!!! (surprised you even felt the need to ask!!!) ;)
And a veggie burger with all the fixins and a cherry vanilla coke. :D

lizbud
09-23-2008, 04:44 PM
:) Oh yes yum yum for some onion rings.. Lets me get some ketsup.. BarKeeper a bigg Ice Tea w/lemon please..

Here is some Sunny Boy recipe Oinon Rings

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/92198.jpg

I'll have the same please. Boy, those onion rings look yummy.:)

davidpizzica
09-23-2008, 06:30 PM
RICHARD, I'll have a BIG order of those spicy onion rings washed down with a cold slushie! I'll live it up because tomorrow I'm having another procedure done. Also RICHARD, I'd like a bottle of Pittsburgh's own Heinz ketchup to go with it. Onion rings and Heinz go together!

RICHARD
09-23-2008, 07:43 PM
RICHARD, I'll have a BIG order of those spicy onion rings washed down with a cold slushie! I'll live it up because tomorrow I'm having another procedure done. Also RICHARD, I'd like a bottle of Pittsburgh's own Heinz ketchup to go with it. Onion rings and Heinz go together!

Those aren't tears of Joy I am crying!:cool:

One order of rings, cold slushie and a bottle of Heinz!

DONE!

LIZ,

Tea, lemon and a platter of rings!

DONE!

MOFF,

Veggie burger, fixin's, with a CVC!

DONE!

LP.

THanks for helping out in the kitchen! I like peeling potatos, but onions do take a toll!\

One platter of rings?

DONE!

sparks19
09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
can I get some NON spicy onion rings lol. I can't handle spice. My lips swell up like Mick Jagger.

I know summer is officially over... but for those trying to hold on to the last threads of summer time (woudln't be a bad fall drink either) I am currently having a sierra mist with Watermelon Vodka :D

RICHARD
09-23-2008, 10:58 PM
can I get some NON spicy onion rings lol. I can't handle spice. My lips swell up like Mick Jagger.

I know summer is officially over... but for those trying to hold on to the last threads of summer time (woudln't be a bad fall drink either) I am currently having a sierra mist with Watermelon Vodka :D

Ohh, that sounds good!

No spice for you!

Non spicy ORs?

DONE!

sparks19
09-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Ohh, that sounds good!

No spice for you!

Non spicy ORs?

DONE!

it IS good :) if you don't like Watermelon the Green Apple vodka and sierra mist is just as tasty lol.

But fair warning... it's easy to get in trouble with such a tasty drink lol

thanks for the non spicey OR's... delicious

RICHARD
09-23-2008, 11:12 PM
it IS good :) if you don't like Watermelon the Green Apple vodka and sierra mist is just as tasty lol.

But fair warning... it's easy to get in trouble with such a tasty drink lol

thanks for the non spicey OR's... delicious

The thing I love about SM is that it's crisp and doesn't leave an aftertaste like 7-up does.

I will try that next time out!

sparks19
09-23-2008, 11:40 PM
The thing I love about SM is that it's crisp and doesn't leave an aftertaste like 7-up does.

I will try that next time out!

I use the seirra mist free because it lets a little more of the watermelon vodka taste come through :)

Lady's Human
09-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Just got home from a minor visit with sir-jury. I'll take something to knock me out....

anesthesia wore off, nose is sore as all heck now.

How about some shots of takillya?

Care to join me, barkeep

davidpizzica
09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Just got home from a minor visit with sir-jury. I'll take something to knock me out....

anesthesia wore off, nose is sore as all heck now.

How about some shots of takillya?

Care to join me, barkeep

LH, I'll join you in drinking some takillya! I have some fun things coming up in getting my new dentures including another bit of sir-jury!

Lady's Human
09-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Sounds good to me, David.

Ladies, pay no attention to the two guys in Jonnies at the end of the bar.

RICHARD
09-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Sounds good to me, David.

Ladies, pay no attention to the two guys in Jonnies at the end of the bar.

Make it three!

My huge meeting was cancelled today!

I was loaded for bear and the bear didn't show up!:D

Three shots...oh let me get the bottle!

To friends, foes and fun!!

DONE!