PDA

View Full Version : Blessings Today

momtomany
09-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I just had to share how blessed I was today. I had just finished feeding my one colony, I have 5 feedings areas, and was making my run back thru. I always swing back by just check up on the guys before I leave. Anyway these two young men flagged me down and told me there was a kitten stuck in the sewer. Sure enough there was a beautiful tortie hollering her head off. She must have just fallen in because there is no way when I was going to the one feeding station I wouldn't have heard her. She was out of reach, couldn't climb out and was freaking. Grant (the one boy) called animal control to come. While we were waiting he went and got me a rope. I called my new friend Lori, who is my other blessing and she is helping me trap this colony, to come with a carrier. Short version, I managed to rope the kitty and pull her out and into the carrier. She appears to be about 12 weeks old. Lori and I are trying to get the kittens out so they don't become feral. She is helping to socialize them and we are finding them homes. Lori took her home and called me and said she is absolutely the sweetest thing. I had an orange kitty come up to me Saturday in the same area and she has him. We think they are the same liter as they both are sweet and not in the least bit feral. Since we have a coyote problem there, they would have been food for them I am sure.
Then I went to my other colony and was feeding them. I have a beautiful long haired gray female that has been getting close to me and she gave it up tonight. She let me pet her for a long time. If she continues to allow me to do so, I can just slide her into a trap and get her fixed. I have been fortunate that many of these fur babies start trusting me and it less stressful when trapping.
I just had to share these blessings I was given today.

cassiesmom
09-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Awww, bless them! Best wishes to the tortie and the orangie, and to you for looking after them!

Freedom
09-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Oh my, whatever would the wee one have done if you hadn't been there to get her out of the sewer? You were exactly where God meant you to be at that time, to help one of His own. :)

What a great day to have so many successes at once! Just makes you feel happy all over, doesn't it? Enjoy the feeling!

jazzcat
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
That is great! I'm so glad you were able to get her out. Sounds like you and Lori (great name btw, hehehe) are doing wonderful work out there.

catmandu
09-17-2008, 07:51 PM
AND OUT PET ANGELS :love::cool::DARE SETTING UP GOLD STARS:cool::cool: BY YOUR NAME EVEN NOW, FOR BEING A SAVIOR TO THOSE CATS.
MAY OUR GOOD LORD:love::love: BLESS YOU, AND PRAISE YOU FOR HELPING THE HELPLESS!!!:love::love::love:

Donnaj4962
09-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Sounds like many were blessed tonight!

What wonderful work you do for the ferals!

kimlovescats
09-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Wonderful!!! Blessed for sure! Thank you for all you do!:love:

lvpets2002
09-18-2008, 11:37 AM
:love: Well thats such Great News with a Happy Ending.. For Sure A Blessing.. Thanks for all the hard work you do..

GILL
09-18-2008, 12:07 PM
All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Medusa
09-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Blessings, indeed! You definitely deserve an "Atta girl!". I know the kitties thank you. :)