PDA

View Full Version : Gumbo

toughCookie
09-09-2002, 01:56 AM
Gumbo
you are an adorable, sweet kitten! so CUTE!:)

Former User
09-09-2002, 04:00 AM
You nawtee Gumbo :D Oh how I'd love to see you being nawtee, sounds so hilarious when your hooman describes you. I'm glad you decited to come to this world at your hoomans room, nice job picking the perfect servant ;)

I hope you have tons of fun today, while we celebrate you as our adorable Cat Of The Day!

CONGRATULATIONS GUMBO!! :)

Vio&Juni
09-09-2002, 04:01 AM
Gumbo, little trouble-maker, I adore your little sweet face and your beautiful eyes.
What a luck you had with your human(s)! From the very first day to have someone to take care of you and love you it's amazing.
We also had Juni from the very first day. It's great!
Grow old and happy!;)

jackiesdaisy1935
09-09-2002, 09:00 AM
Good Morning Gumbo, what a darling photo of you, looks like you are ready to pounce at your mother. lol I'm so happy that your human decided to keep you and Mom and keep the family together. I laugh so much when she says you think you are a dog, I have a dog who thinks she is a cat. lol Congratulations dear, sweet, handsome Gumbo, Our Very Best Cat of the Day.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

hecharlet
09-09-2002, 09:13 AM
Im so proud my little GUMBO finally made it up here! He's been waiting every day for a YEAR for his special day. His Mom Emmi got the cat of the day January 26 of this year, so he was a little jealous that it wasn't him. Now they have both had their special day and are so HAPPY!! :D

Emmi and gumbo are best friends and get to see each other often! We are still waiting to reunite them with Emmi's other kitten Riley (who lives in Ohio). I think Riley is waiting for his day of fame too!

Thanks for all the wonderful responses!

Emmi, Gumbo and Mom!

missprissy
09-09-2002, 09:14 AM
What a sweet little kitten you are Gumbo!:eek: Such pretty white and orange fur, too! While your furparent sounds young, she sure is smart and compassionate for helping out a bunch of cool cats like you and your mom and brothers and sisters.

Everyone save a cat today!!:) :) (But not animal-hoarders !LOL!)

Congrats sweet Gumbo, you really are one truly deserving Cat of the Day. Congrats!!!:) :D :)

09-09-2002, 09:40 AM
What clever of you Gumbo to come to this world the night before your mommy was supposed to go the the shelter !!!
Never mind youa ct like a doggie !!! as long as you are enjoying yourself today , as OUR CAT OF THE DAY !!!!!

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/kao/otn/pmimioja.gif

gary tweedle
09-09-2002, 09:45 AM
Tremendous looking kitten!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: And the nice thing is that the kitten is usually the father of the cat,I mean by that is that when you have a great kitten the odds are very good that you are going to have a pet you can tresure for years and years to come!! Best wishes from Gary and the Lost [email protected]

Bari_d
09-09-2002, 09:55 AM
Gumbo, your baby photo is wonderful, and if you have grown to look like your Mommie, Emmi, then you are bound to be a very handsome boy! I visited your Mommie's site http://catoftheday.com/archive/2002/January/26.html
and reread her story too. Your family was soooo fortunate to find such a wonderful, caring human MOM!!!! Congratulations on being today's extremely special Cat of the Day!!!!

Noserubs, snuggles and purrs to your entire family...Bari and the Pride

Lennie B.
09-09-2002, 10:55 AM
Gumbo, I think your story is one of the more touching that I have read on Cat of the Day. To think that you were born only hours before your mom's rescuer was going to have to turn her over to the Humane Society! You and your mom certainly timed things well, to have found a loving forever home, together, literally at the eleventh hour! By the way, I understand perfectly about your human loving you so much even though you're a little rascal- my younger dog is and has always been a real imp, and we love her desperately! Have a lovely fun-filled day, lucky little COTD! :) :D :)

felinefriend
09-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Gorgeous Gumbo, you adorable, ornery little troublemaker angel (all that rolled into one, ha,ha)! I just want to kiss your precious little face! Your eyes are so big and beautiful, and you do take much after your pretty mommy. Thanks Bari_d for posting Momma's link--I was about to go there and you saved me some time! I agree with everyone, you are so sweet and have found the Perfect Parent in your human, plus you still have your wonderful kitty-mommy around too! Hugs, snuggles and kisses to you! Enjoy your Special Day that you waited so long to arrive! :D :) :cool:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-09-2002, 11:14 AM
Gumbo
I love your name. What a cute picture too. The mischief just shines in your eyes. Congratulations, sweetie, on finally getting your day in the sun as our special Cat of the Day today.:)

Frostfrog
09-09-2002, 12:26 PM
Here we go again:

WHAT!? WHAT!? WHAT!?

Doing silly tricks and always getting into trouble is evidence that an individual acts like a dog and even thinks he is a dog?

Silly tricks... getting into trouble... what could be more catlike, especially when that cat is a kitten?

As for the game Gumbo plays with his Mom, he is clearly a prodigy at "Touch Coup," which I explained the other day (see "Zoey") and that explanation should suffice.

Despite the "species confusion" practiced by Gumbo's caretake (though, I am certain, not by Gumbo), I greatly commend this person for having the big heart to violate the rules of the landlord and to give shelter and love to Gumbo and his mom.

tatsxxx11
09-09-2002, 02:42 PM
Hi there adorable little Gumbo...As they say, timing is everything in life!!!:) Good thinking, making your entrance into this world in such a timely fashion!!;) And, as they also, say, patience is a virtue! It 's been a long time, one whole year of waiting, before you were able to take your rightful and much deserved place upon the stage of kitty celebrity. But here you are in all your glory! And what a glorious, beautiful boy you are! How proud your mamas, human and furry, must be of their darling little boy! Congratulations to you precious little Gumbo, Cat of the Day! I'll bet there's one big celebration going on there at your house!! And please give a headbonk and nuzzle to your sweet furmom! Wow, both Mama and baby are now COTD Hall of Fame inductees!!;)

RockyRoad
09-09-2002, 02:54 PM
Oh, Gumbo, you are so cute!! What a sweetie! I wish I could reach into the screen and pet you! I hope you recieve many special thing on your special day!! Congratulations on Cat of the Day!
~sorry I didn't write more, but I am late for a meeting~:D

mylunalove
09-09-2002, 11:25 PM
Gumbo I love YOur name!! How CUte
I was wondering where you and your new family stayed since your human person lived in a dorm room? Sounds to me like everything worked out A-ok! I wish that schools would allow access to animals for those students who long to find comfort with a furry friend! Well thanks for sharing your story Gumbo! Peace :cool: :cool: :)

I love your cute name it matches you very well!