PDA

View Full Version : Beverly Hills Chihuahua... EEK or Yah?

Flatcoatluver
09-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Have you heard about the new movie coming out about chihuahuas? I personally don't like the idea because that means more byb's are going to come out and start breeding. I know when there are disney movies created there are a lot of people that want to start buying the dogs after the movies. But what do you think?
Beverly Hills Chihuahua, The Trailor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anezcx0oGVo)

Jessika
09-16-2008, 09:58 PM
I personally think the concept of the movie looks dumb, but maybe that's just because I'm not a mom or a kid anymore, haha. And yes, I agree, but not only will it create a huge market for chihuahua's, it will create a market for "accessory dogs" -- more people buying chi's, dressing them up, and carrying them around like their legs can't handle it. Booo.

Daisy and Delilah
09-16-2008, 11:49 PM
The movie looks adorable to me for obvious reasons. However, the first thing I thought of was exactly what's been said. I told everybody the same thing when they mentioned the movie to me.

Chis finally lost a little popularity after the Taco Bell commercials. Now, here we go again. Chis are not for everybody. They're difficult to potty train and some have personality problems. I dread seeing the outcome.

I will see it and think it's cute but I'll keep hoping the demand doesn't get out of control.

Ginger's Mom
09-17-2008, 06:10 AM
I am going to echo what everyone else has already said. People will want to go out and get a little Pedro or Fifi, or whatever the dog's names are in the movie, without any real thought on what the responsibilities are in raising a chihuahua. Backyard breeders and puppy mills will see dollar signs and make chihuahuas available by the hundreds and some are bound to end up in homes that are not right for them, or worse at shelters when they cannot find buyers and the byb, dog stores, and mills are no longer willing to pay for the expenses of dogs that won't make them any money.

kimlovescats
09-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Chihuahuas are already all over Craigslist ads ... many being re-homed ... I'm sure due to the potty-training issues! This will definitely increase the BYB!:(