PDA

View Full Version : Time to say Goodby...

Laura's Babies
09-16-2008, 09:29 PM
My girls and I want to tell you it is time for me to go back to work, actually I am a week late because of the hurricanes, then there being no rental cars in our area. But I leave out in the morning and have a long drive alone, at least 9 to 10 hours.

My girls will be on their own again with Rie looking in on them but she will be spending a lot of time over here with them since they are getting a POD tomorrow and will be taking things out of the house in prep for the repairs, first thing that goes in it are their washer and dryer so she will be over here doing all her washing. The girls will love that since they love her so much.

I will miss all of you and know I will miss a lot. Take care and know I will miss all of you!

momcat
09-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear it's that time already. You've been through so much these past few weeks. Be safe and have a good trip!

Moesha
09-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Awwww...time flies so quickly. Will you have to stay gone for the full time or will you be back at your regular time, just missing the week? Hmm that didn't really make sense did it? I guess what I'm asking, is do you have to make that week up at the end of the schedule? Does that make sense?

Laura's Babies
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
No Moesha, I don't have to make up the time I have missed, I will still be back at my regular time.. I could make that week up if I want to by doing that time on another boat but I have gotten to old and set in my ways to like doing that anymore.

However, if the other cook can't come back for some reason and things are what I would like, I would ride over for her.

Bengalz
09-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Stay safe Laura and come home soon:)

kimlovescats
09-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Have a good trip! Stay safe and we'll see you in a few weeks!

Love ya!
Kim:love:

Medusa
09-16-2008, 11:10 PM
It seems like you just got home! I think I said that the last time, though, didn't I? Journey well and be safe.

gini
09-17-2008, 12:56 AM
After all you have been through, it might seem like a relief to go back to work. Something normal - familiar?

We all will miss you - but please stay safe and come home soon.

Randi
09-17-2008, 02:19 AM
Have a safe trip, Laura! Like Gini says, it may seem like a relief going back to something normal, but I bet you could have used some time to relax after the hurricane.

Laura's Babies
09-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Yes, I have been screaming "I WANT MY NORMAL LIFE BACK!", that is exactly what I told my dispatcher every time I have talked to her. She said she does too, that they have delt with hurricanes for 3 weeks at the company, even Hanna and it has been hectic for them getting people home before storms and to the boats after storms.

I went yesterday to get the last few things I needed for my suitcase and Wal Marts shelves are still pretty much empty, people are stocking shleves all over the store and there are still long lines at the check outs. You would think this is far enough after Gustav that the shelves would be restocked at the stores and peoples homes restocked.

I hope "normal" comes back to me as soon as I get to the boat. Bye everybody!!

catlover4ever
09-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Bye Laura, have a safe trip and we'll see you soon. :)

Donnaj4962
09-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Is it that time again already? I guess time flies.... especially when you are dealing with a hurricane!

Have a SAFE and fun trip! I am sure everyone on the boat will have their own tales of survival to tell. But yours, surviving a tree falling on your daughter's home while you were right there, is amazing!

lvpets2002
09-17-2008, 09:58 AM
:) Good Bye Laura == Have a Safe Trip catching the boat.. See you back here soon..

Catty1
09-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Bye for now, Laura - I bet you will feel better when you're back in the galley and with 'your guys'! There will be a lot of stories that everyone will share.

{{{hugs}}} be safe and well!:)

Emeraldgreen
09-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Have a safe trip. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Goodbye dear Laura:love:!!! Have a safe trip, okay!!

catfamily
09-17-2008, 03:33 PM
your driving 9-10 hours by yourself?that's too much...i know i couldn't do it.
Why so much driving?
Be Safe..hopefully all will be better soon.

phesina
09-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Safe drive, safe voyage, and safe home, Laura!

cassiesmom
09-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Laura, have a very safe trip and I'll be looking forward to the thread that lets me know you are safely back again.

lvpets2002
09-17-2008, 04:37 PM
:) I think its because of Hurricane Ike && she is catching the boat 1 wk late.. Depends on how far the boat has gotten down stream on where to catch it..
your driving 9-10 hours by yourself?that's too much...i know i couldn't do it.
Why so much driving?
Be Safe..hopefully all will be better soon.

catmandu
09-18-2008, 06:04 PM
AHOY NAUTICAL PET ANGELS!!!:love::love:
YOUR AUNT LAURAS:love: SAILING AGAIN :cool: AND THERES PLENTY OF ROOM ABOARD :love::love: AND LOTS OF GREAT FOOD.
AND LOTS TO SEE AND DO AS YOU CRUISE THE MIGHTY MISSISSIPPI, AND VISIT ALL THE TOWNS ON HER SHORE!!
ALL ABOARD!!!!:love::)