PDA

View Full Version : New Floyd void

smokey the elder
09-15-2008, 02:35 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/15/obit.wright.ap/index.html Another Pink Floyd member, Richard Wright, has gone on to That Great Gig in the Sky. It's strange, since I've been listening to a lot of Pink Floyd after buying a book called Another Brick in the Wall, the Story behind Every Pink Floyd Song.

RICHARD
09-15-2008, 09:39 PM
EFF.

I was watching a special on DSOTM last week.

It's sad when we see people that we connected with go to the Great Gig In The Sky.....

God bless you, Rick

Ginger's Mom
09-16-2008, 06:05 AM
So sad. It is a shame. Pink Floyd was one of the truly great bands of the 60's/70's. RIP Richard.

smokey the elder
09-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I got to see them on tour twice; once in Milwaukee in 1987 and then at Yankee Stadium in 1994. W:eek:W!!

lvpets2002
09-16-2008, 04:26 PM
:love: Yes I read about that.. I do have Pink Floyd Albums.. Sad So Sad.. RIP Dude

RICHARD
09-17-2008, 01:22 AM
I got to see them on tour twice; once in Milwaukee in 1987 and then at Yankee Stadium in 1994. W:eek:W!!

OML.

LOL,
Animals/Wish You Were Here- It rained and we ended up on the baseball field of Anaheim Stadium. A wonderful rainbow came out in the east during the concert, total magic!:cool:

smokey the elder
09-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Wow, that is really neat. Animals tour, huh? That's more than a few years ago.:)

RICHARD
09-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Wow, that is really neat. Animals tour, huh? That's more than a few years ago.:)

1977, I saw a PF webpage/concert sched from back then once!

Yep, when concerts were fun and that wasn't smog in the area,

The concert was Friday night about this time of year-
It rained lightly and that was the best part because people didn't show.

We sat in the bleachers at first then made our way down to the stadium floor and held a blanket over our heads in the rain. It was a light sprinkle that stopped soon afher

They did Anmals and WYWH-both, whole albums.

During Animals thwy had a pink pig on a cable come out from behind the stage-with red beady eyes, later in the show goes up in a ball of flame. THey also had some inflatable balloons, another pig, a car and something else that was hidden by the 'smog' in the area.

As the sun went down the rain stopped an towards the east end of the stadium-this was long before they enclosed it for football- a rainbow came out and made it that much more spectacular.

IN 1980 they did the Wall tour and I got to go the night after my friends went.
At their show one of the curtains caught on fire and RW stopped the show with, "Stop! THis is not part of the show!!!!" We laughed about that.

I am so sorry that none of those shows were ever taped.

That was the end all, be all of concerts.

RICHARD
02-13-2009, 04:26 PM
A few years back the neighbors put up a wall and it was soooooo pristine I had to personalize it some how.....I was thinking about adding a RW memorial to it..

LOL, Even my mom thought it was cool!