PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia and Slurpees?

RICHARD
09-13-2008, 03:55 PM
While I was looking thru my bank statemeent I waw a coupon for a Buy One get One Free Slurpee offer at the local 7-11.

I love Slurpees. During the warm weather there is nothing like getting a brain freeze while you are pulling out of the parkig lot of the local 7-11.

"Officer, I just took a sip of my Sour Watermelon Slurpee and got a brain freeze. I wasn't paying attention to my speed!"

Anyway, the other kind of 'slurpee' is the one that kept me up last night. I have been keeping late hours and that is about 50% of the problem. The offensive 'slurpee' was none other than the Edster.

thuuupppp, thuuuppp, thhhuuuppp........

The weather has turned to the cooler side, Ed comes to bed while I read for a little face book time. He approaches, chrips and rubs his face all over the corver of my book. I stop, give him a little scritch and when he decides to leave, he goes. I know that he will be back-As I said, now that the cooler evenings are coming I know I'll be seeing more of him hanging around the bed.

THe cooler weater also makes me sleep lighter. I know that during the night I will wake up with the 10 gallon cat on top of me, next to me or pinning down my legs whil I dream. It's O.K., a momentary adjustment or a slight swim up from the sleep, an escape from a dream. We get to where we want to be and it's back to slumber-land.

For some reason last night was one of those nights where I tossed and turned-no sleep for me, I read, kicked, went to the bathroom, had a drink, tossed, rolled, tossed some more, I adjusted the pillow, the blankies, my position and nothing.....

I finally did stop and settle in to hear-

I popped the light on and there he his, Giving himself a bath.

I figured that the slight movement of the bed would put me to sleep...
I am comfy and
The light goes on and he stops, Mid thuuupppp and I get the stink eye,

"Hey buddie, I am taking some personal grooming time here!
Now, I can't get comfy because someone else has decided to move/adjust themesleves so they can thuuupppp the other side of their body.

Those minute movements, to get to that toe, belly, spot on his back are really getting to me. I turn the light on again and get the same stink eye. "Look Buddy, this is for your benenfit too!, You want me to look good, eh?" A second later it's thuuupppp, thuuuppp, thhhuuuppp........again.

After what seems like an eternity, only about 20 minutes by the red numbers dancing in the darkness across the room I finally hear a sigh of a contented cat.

A few seconds later the silence starts to stretch and I know that he is done and now I can go sleep.

I wonder what a cat hair 'slurpee' tastes like? THis sets me on a whole other train of thinking and I toss my self onto my side.

I reach up and snap on the light, because now I am really awake.

I just have to be really quiet now.

The cat is asleep.:rolleyes:

catmandu
09-13-2008, 06:07 PM
I HONESTLY THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS GOING IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION FRIEND RICHAED WITH EDDIE GETTING INTO YOUR SLURPEEE!!!
YOU ARE ALWAYS A WELCOME SIGHT,RICHARD AS YOU BRIGHTEN MY DAY, AND LIIGHTEN THE FOUND CATS LIVES.
WAS THIS WHAT YOU WERE DREAMING?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/04121745.jpg
AN EDDIE :love:HERE, AN EDDIE :cool:EVERYWHERE!!!

Laura's Babies
09-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Sorry, but I had to take awhile to compose myself from the rolling laughter that had tears rolling down my cheeks and me rolling in the floor holding my sides!

RICHARD... YOU HAVE OUTDONE YOURSELF this time. YOU GOT ME! Caught me completely off guard! (well, it's been a couple of really rough week ends for me so I can claim distraction here) OMG! That was so darn funny and you have outdone anything I have read of your yet! GREAT JOB!

and......? Inquiring minds want to know....? must we wait for the second chapter...? :rolleyes:

Bengalz
09-13-2008, 09:07 PM
What can I say?? :D:D

You're just the purrfect cat Dad:D:D