PDA

View Full Version : Graemer likes going outside on a leash

sasvermont
09-08-2002, 06:56 PM
Well, twice this weekend, I took Graemer aka Grammy Crackers, out on a leash using the halter like Edwina's. He didn't mind the halter and did really nicely on the leash. Of course, he went and sat by the door tonight, meowing to go out! I think he was so thrilled being able to roam a bit, graze a bit and chase moths etc. He was such a good boy! Thanks Edwina's Mom, for letting me know where to buy the halter.

I will take a camera the next time. By the way, he isn't cute like Edwina and he hardly stays still, so the shots may be a bit fuzz.

:)

Rachel
09-08-2002, 07:50 PM
This has got to be too cute for words. Were there pics of Edwina and her halter and leash? I'm going to search and find out.

Logan
09-08-2002, 09:28 PM
The only time I tried this with Mimi, she plastered her body to the ground. Karen has a name for that move......just can't remember it right now.

Can't wait until you photograph Graemer in action, Sallyanne! Sounds like he is intrigued!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-08-2002, 09:58 PM
I also expected to see some cute pictures. I'm glad he likes the leash though. Please post some http://www.gifs.net/animate/p_012.gif next time. :)

Edwina's Secretary
09-09-2002, 08:51 AM
You're welcome. Graemer may not sit still but he is ADORABLE! Gald the harness is working but you're right -- you may have created an outdoor begging, big earred pest! Cold weather takes care of that with Edwina.

Rachel here she is in her halter. I can't wait to see pictures of Graemer's. What color did you get???
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pf5a204c6154c500924138dd6e432b550/fdb08f3c.jpg

sasvermont
09-09-2002, 09:19 AM
I got the standard black. My cats aren't quite as easily matched to brilliant colors as Edwina seems to be.

Also, I went to Petsmart for some more amusements for the cats and stumbled on some sun visors for cats. They just weren't as nice as Edwina's and I didn't buy any. She has the top notch ones.....surely not from Petsmart.

I will try to take a couple of pics. tonight, when I take Graemer outside. Walking a cat just doesn't measure up to walking a dog. I get little to no exercise. Dogs are much more fun to walk.
No doubt about it.

:D

Edwina's Secretary
09-09-2002, 09:45 AM
But the constant yanking can build the upper body! (You might try holding the leash at different angles to involve the different muscles -- triceps, biceps, delt.);)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Walking a cat just doesn't measure up to walking a dog. I get little to no exercise. Dogs are much more fun to walk.
No doubt about it.
:D

Oh goody. Can't wait for the pics! I'm not surprised that Grammy Crackers loves it outside. He is such an outgoing adventurous sort. When I lived in Green Bay I used to take Tubby for walks around the block. At first it didn't work so well, but after a few times he got the hang of it - and learned what those sometimes not so gentle tugs meant. Seemed at first he would run way ahead and I'd have to catch up, but then he'd lag way behind. But instead of just catching up he'd run way ahead again. Got to the point where I got some ok exercise, and he got some great exercise. :D