PDA

View Full Version : Keep your fingers and paws crossed....

moosmom
09-12-2008, 07:16 PM
If all goes well, Buddy will be going to a wonderful home on Sunday. Not only an awesome home, but he'll also be going to my veterinarian. The woman has no other pets and her husband travels a lot, so she was looking for companionship when she saw Buddy's picture in the local newspaper and fell in love with his face.

I'll be doing a home check at the same time. This is a great home for Buddy as he needs a home with a human of his own to love him.

I'll keep you posted.

catmandu
09-12-2008, 07:32 PM
PAWS AND FINGERS ARE CROSSED AND A GOLD STARS BEING POLISHEDTO GO BY YOUR NAME AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE :love::cool:
WE ARE PRAYING THAT BUDDY WILL HAVE HIS OWN FURRREVER HOME VERY SOON :cool::love::D

momcat
09-12-2008, 07:50 PM
This almost sounds too good to be true, Buddy being adopted by a vet! Prayers are already being prayed for sweet Buddy to find his purrfect, loving furever home. Please keep us in the loop? Scritchies and lovies being sent to all your kitties from me.

Moesha
09-12-2008, 09:08 PM
I hope all goes well for Buddy this weekend! He sure does deserve a loving home of his own.

jazzcat
09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Best of luck!

Emeraldgreen
09-12-2008, 09:42 PM
How wonderful!! Is this woman your vet or will she be going to your vet for checkups etc..? :)

Medusa
09-13-2008, 07:31 AM
Everything here is crossed and holding......

Randi
09-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Oh Donna, this sounds perfect - a home with a vet! :) I sure think Buddy has found THE place!

Good luck!

moosmom
09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
He won't be going to the home of my vet, but will one of my vet's clients.

moosmom
09-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Buddy's new home WAS all set. I got up, took a shower and called Veronica to confirm our meeting at 10 am. Well, she said her husband was angry with her and that she wouldn't be taking Buddy. She said she was JUST going to call me to tell me. Yeah, right.

I just don't get it. It always seems to be the husbands, boyfriends, significant others that put the kabash stuff like this.

I was SO sure this was his golden opportunity to find the home he so deserves.:(:(:(

People suck!:mad:

Medusa
09-14-2008, 08:46 AM
This has happened to me time and again, Donna. The last time it happened, it was exactly the same scenario as yours. I was actually putting the cat into the carrier and we were going to the new family when I thought I'd check email one last time before I left and there it was, the email telling me that they changed their minds, not even the courtesy of a phone call. I guess they lacked the courage to explain themselves. The only consolation to me and the poor cat was that this obviously was not the right home. But later, a gentleman took the cat and was so conscientious, wanting to know if it had all its shots, etc. So take heart; the right home is out there. You're just having to separate the wheat from the chaff. :love:

moosmom
09-14-2008, 09:15 AM
My friend Irene said that this is an omen that Buddy belongs with me. I went to a flea market yesterday and bought a basket bed for $5. I took out the lining, which is actually a very expensive condom bed you buy at cat shows. I took it out and Ari claimed it as his bed. I then took a beat up old bed pillow and covered it and put it in the basket, placing it on top of the refrigerator,
Buddy's favorite spot. My boy is asleep in it as we speak. He LOVES his new kitty bed!!!

Medusa
09-14-2008, 09:38 AM
My friend Irene said that this is an omen that Buddy belongs with me. I went to a flea market yesterday and bought a basket bed for $5. I took out the lining, which is actually a very expensive condom bed you buy at cat shows. I took it out and Ari claimed it as his bed. I then took a beat up old bed pillow and covered it and put it in the basket, placing it on top of the refrigerator,
Buddy's favorite spot. My boy is asleep in it as we speak. He LOVES his new kitty bed!!!

Condom bed, eh? I'd like to see that. LOL Sorry, Donna, couldn't resist it. ;) I think Irene may be right but no pressure here. If things work out that you can keep him, great for both of you!

Laura's Babies
09-14-2008, 09:58 AM
A man don't stand a chance with me if I have to make a choice between the two..

People find so many stupid reasons to get rid of a pet so count your lucky stars that he hadn't already went to that home or there's no telling what would have happened to him.

If it was meant to be that he have another home, when the time is right and everything is in place, the purfect one will come.

Sevaede
09-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Donna,

Indeed, it can be disheartening when it seems like things have gone awry. I completely agree with the sentiment regarding weeding people out which is part of the process. :)

Everything will turn out for the best, of this I am sure. :D

kimlovescats
09-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh, Donna, how frustrating! Maybe Buddy just isn't meant to leave .... not right now anyway!;)

moosmom
09-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Kimlovescats,

I think you're right. He wasn't meant to go anywhere but here with me. For now anyway.

Emeraldgreen
09-14-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry it didn't work out again but at least he is safe and sound with you. And who knows, maybe in a few years you'll remember back to this and say
"I can't believe how close I came to losing Buddy those couple of times in 2008". :)