PDA

View Full Version : My neck hurts because...

JuniorxMyxLove
09-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I FELL OFF!!!

it was the dumbest fall EVER, but it happened! Before you think I'm insane for being happy about this, I rode for almost 5 yrs before falling today XD First fall ever!

Anyways...I rode Scooter again and he was acting kind of strange. The fotting was kind of wacky so I think that was it. He got happy feet at the canter and we did about 10 flying changes, most of them unintentional. We warmed up over the little jump 3 times, and I couldn't get him to listen.

Then, the 4th time over, he stopped and I didn't It was SOO stupid, but I fell off. Everyone watching said it was really graceful, though! I flew over his neck, landed on my head and rolled back onto my feet. I didn't even really stop. I just got up and got back on him. I almost fell off a second time when we did the same thing, but thanks to his LOOONG neck, I caught myself :)

It was just so stupid. I've sat out MUCH worse, and I fall off over a simple refusal. He just stopped. He didn't run out to the side, he just stopped and somehow got the groundpole all the way out behind him When I looked at him, he was watching me like "why are you down there?!" hahaha

Taz_Zoee
09-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Oh, OUCH! Well, I'm glad you are okay enough to laugh about it now.

Motherly instincts kicking in here (and I'm not even a mother to humans) but BE CAREFUL!!! :)

Laura's Babies
09-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Owie!

JuniorxMyxLove
09-16-2008, 03:19 PM
hehe Taz-Zoee then I probably shouldn't say that he almost took my foot off when he rammed me into a wall..one of my new boots are all scraped up and worn off on the front now... 0.0

animal_rescue
09-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Ouch that sounds like it sucked! Congrats on the prolonged fall though! lol
I've been riding since I was 12 and I finally fell off at age 18 hehe and let me tell you it was probably the stupidest mistake in my life and totally my fault.

I decided to hop on my friend's horse, who he had just gotten that day, and ride him around bareback and only his halter/lead rope for control. And of course the horse spooked and took off and almost threw me into a tree but instead I landed in a pile of umm natural mulch and fertilizer... bleh

My friend was sooo scared that I hurt myself but I actually was dizzy for a second before I managed to jump right back up and start going after the horse so he didn't take off into the woods. And I too was told I fell very gracefully.:D

JuniorxMyxLove
09-16-2008, 03:32 PM
I decided to hop on my friend's horse, who he had just gotten that day, and ride him around bareback and only his halter/lead rope for control. And of course the horse spooked and took off and almost threw me into a tree but instead I landed in a pile of umm natural mulch and fertilizer... bleh

My friend was sooo scared that I hurt myself but I actually was dizzy for a second before I managed to jump right back up and start going after the horse so he didn't take off into the woods. And I too was told I fell very gracefully.:D

HAHA! I bet it was softer then the ground!

Hah when I got up (like a second after I hit the ground) I was a little dizzy but then I jumped over the jump (since Scooter was on the other side) and went to get him. Somehow that horse managed to get the ground pole twisted between his hind legs :rolleyes:

shepgirl
09-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Can I relate to these falls...brings back such good memories of bruises and bumps....lol.

Suki Wingy
09-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Um, no. I had the stupedist fall ever. I was cantering and I started to lean, and I kept leaning, and then I just slipped off onto the ground! :confused::eek:

JuniorxMyxLove
09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Um, no. I had the stupedist fall ever. I was cantering and I started to lean, and I kept leaning, and then I just slipped off onto the ground! :confused::eek:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm not laughing at you, but because I came THIS close to doing that...while WALKING. We were walking with no stirrups (before the dreaded no-stirrup posting trot) and I stopped paying attention and just started to sliiiide off the side..but I caught myself at the last second, haha.