PDA

View Full Version : CPR Performed On Cat After House Fire

steel
09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
CPR performed on cat after house fire
NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP/WPRI) - A New Bedford cat is alive thanks to a firefighter who performed CPR on the pet.
The cat was rescued from a burning apartment located at 562 Summer Street on Tuesday by firefighter Al Machado. During the rescue Machado says he noticed the cat was having trouble breathing. He immediately performed mouth to mouth on the cat as he carried outside the burning building.
The cat, a tiger angora, was revived and resting comfortably soon after.
Asked what it tasted like to give mouth-to-mouth to a cat, Machado grimaced and said: "Like fur."

Laura's Babies
09-12-2008, 10:24 AM
THAT is a fireman that cares! I wouldn't hesitate to do CPR or mouth to mouth on a pet, mine or someone elses!

lvpets2002
09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
:love: I kiss my babies on the lips all the time anyway.. So no problems here on giving mouth to mouth on a cat or dog.. Such a very nice story with a great ending..

phesina
09-12-2008, 02:51 PM
What a wonderful story, and what a wonderful firefighter.

Medusa
09-12-2008, 04:01 PM
That is a great story. I saw one similar to that years ago on TV and the firefighter adopted the kitten that he did CPR on. He named the kitten "Smudge" because he said smudge means "little fire". I love stories like this. :)

catmandu
09-12-2008, 06:54 PM
NOW THAT GENTLEMANS A HERO:love:, AND WILL HAVE A GOLD STAR PUT BY HIS NAME AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.
HE WILL RECIEVE HIS REWARD IN HEAVEN.:love:
ONE FINE DAY:love:

JadeandLexi'skittymom
09-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Our local Red Cross (Hardin Co, KY) gives a life saving course for pets.
I am taking the next class. They teach you how to do mouth to mouth, the heimlich (is that spelled right?) , and what to do for animals hit by cars, etc..... Just thought i'd mention it, in case anyone was interested, they can call their local Red Cross and see if they have classes also.
:) JadeandLexi'skittymom